No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Marzipan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, my goal for this week is to eat BEFORE I'm absoluting starving. I'm going to bring food to work every day, so that I can pre-eat healthy primal food before going out to drinks, so I can head off cheese and cured meats. So far:

Monday:
    B: 2 eggs and spinach, a sprinkle of cheese
    L: 1/2 my BAS that I brought to work (Steak, spinach, artichoke hearts, 1 avocado)
    S: Handful of trail mix with almonds
    S: Other 1/2 of BAS before going out for a drink (I am so good)
    Drinks: 3 glasses of pino (1 too many! but NO cheese or other crap food)
    D: hamburger patty and green beans (at home) BBQ

Tuesday so far:
    1 cup coffee (hung over, crap!)
    S: left over hamburger that I brought to work, eaten cold at my desk. Actually was really tasty!

Comment

Great going
      1st June 11 to 30st Aug 11 - 36lb removed in 13 weeks
      Messed about on and off for the rest of the year

June 2012 - Had the practice - now time to do it for real

Comment

Thanks! Am proud of myself actually.

Lunch: BAS with chicken, almonds slivered, carrots, tomato, red pepper, olive oil
        Dinner: chicken and steak kitchen sink soup. I made this when came home. Yum! Pumpkin, zucchini, broccoli, onions, mushrooms, steak, chicken.

No wine!

Fitday: 1396 cals, 84 g fat, 49g carbs, 108 g protein

Comment

Originally posted by marzipan View Post
          Thanks! Am proud of myself actually.
          Great feeling isn't it - and it actually gets easier as you do a few more days because that feeling will become the norm and give you lots more confidence with everything.

The biggest benefit with Primal for me is that I actually feel in control of my eating now rather than feeling that it was controlling me - that, rather than a downward scale is why I'm finding it easy to stick to - I don't want to go back to feeling that out of control ever again.

Comment

I like that. Feeling in control as a motivation is an excellent way to look at it, instead of focusing only on end results that you can't control. It sounds like you are doing very well with your journey! Huge congrats!

Comment

So yesterday... I was doing so well, and then let myself get starving. I reigned it in after only one piece of bread w butter, but still...

B: 2 eggs, 1/2 avocado
              L: chicken BAS with lots of veggies
              S: trail mix
              D: 6 oysters, 3 Alaskan king crab legs, 2 glasses of wine, a little cheese, one piece of bread with butter

1730 cals, 84g fat, 105 g carbs, 91g protein

Not a great day. But today will be much better!

Comment

So I had a trainer look at my logs, and he said that he needed to get me off the juice. LOL. So for the next two weeks, I will be following a strict paleo diet. And for the two weeks after that, I will be adding back in some yogurt. I am going to buy myself a present at the end of each week!!

Here it is for the first two weeks:

NO:
                - Alcohol
                - Caffeine
                - Sugar
                - Grains
                - Legumes/beans
                - No nuts - if any, raw, organic and soaked for 24hrs at least. "Activated, Biodynamic" Nuts are available to buy...
                - Flours
                - Potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams etc
                - Pumpkin OK
                - Raw honey OK if absolutely need a sweet hit
                - No vegetable oils - butter/ghee only
                - No other dairy. Butter/Ghee only
                - Not much fruit - green apples and berries are OK though.
                - No soy
                - Some (sparingly) stevia allowed if needed
                - No artificial sweeteners/packaged foods/colourings/processed foods
                - No Onions, beetroot
                - No processed meats.
                - No stimulants: chocolate, etc

Comment

It is 5:00pm on day 1. Caffeine headache!

Comment

Day 2. Still have my headache. Had to have decaf tea this morning. Well, the upside is that my teeth will naturally whiten with no red wine or coffee!

Comment

That's the spirit - sometimes and all or nothing approach works best at the start.

Good luck with the new squeaky clean eating plan

Comment

So it is Friday. I have been so good! Out to lunch with brokers at a pasta place, and just had salad and bubbly water! NO bread, wine, dessert, pasta, pizza or anything. They definitely gave me wierd looks. I had one glass of wine last night at a networking event, largely because I was too busy to eat and needed some calories. But otherwise, great! I am losing weight. I am very tired, I think from lack of caffeine. Hopefully this will get better by next week...

Comment

So it has been a week and a day without caffeine. I miss my coffee. Life doesn't have the same sparkle without coffee. Especially at Annual Results time. I am going to add back a cup a day as soon as this detox is over. Much harder to give up coffee than wine. So other things that I am learning... and it is really interesting... the drugs mask the real deal. So, the reason that I could drink wine most nights was that I was using caffeine to mask the sluggish feeling in the morning that comes from alcohol. And then, I used caffeine to cover my hunger all day, and then would binge on wine and cheese at night because I didn't "feel hungry" all day. Now that I'm off the coffee, I am hungry in the morning. THen, because I'm off the wine, I am not eating the crap that I would eat when tipsy. So the cycle has been broken! I am not having too much fun - sluggish and very hard to say no to a wonderful glass of wine, but I am losing weight.

Comment

Stick with it you're doing great - its only been a week and you're body is still adapting.

Energy wise it took me almost 3 weeks to get the "life's great and lets attack it" stage, luckily for me I was expecting my energy levels to take while to stabalise as I'd already read about it on the forums so it didn't put me off - just keep going for the 30 days and then decide whether to put the coffee back on a regular basis, many do here and seem to have no ill effects but in my case its occasionally as I only like cafe lattes, so I just have one if I'm out near a decent coffee bar (about once a week) .

Wine seems to be a bit of your Achilles heel so maybe wait for that one till you're nearer or at your goal weight, as it seems to undermine your weight loss plans.

As I stand here typing this I'm eating tinned pink salmon for breakfast (10am here) so remember there's no need to let yourself get hungry - just grab some protein and some veg if you fancy it and you'll be good to go.

Comment

Working...
                            X