No announcement yet.

The Wife is RIGHT - Otter's Log

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ottercat! I just had the same test done for adrenal fatigue! I sent my results in yesterday morning so I'm anxious to see what they say. Also had thyroid panel done & he seems to think I have functional thyroid disorder. Will discuss it more next week when I go back in.

it'll be interesting to see what our tests say!!
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• We're dorky and we're still here!

I was away, working two full time jobs for a while, but I am back now and want to hear more of your adventures! ;-)
      I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

• Hey primal cajun - have you heard back about your adrenal fatigue tests? My doctor said it would be a month =/

Cave Woman - yay for dorks!
        Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
        Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
        "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• ALIVE and eating

just a bit distracted right now. We're gearing up for an IVF cycle at the end of the month and somehow this has set my brain off on "Hell, primal didn't work for me so I'm not going to try so hard". Of course I have to make an effort to cheat and the otterine attention is oft directed elsewhere (like clobbering beasties in Castleville) so I haven't been too bad. Some rice sneaks into the diet, but not more than a cup a day (which is apparently only 44g, anyway). A few hippie chips here and there. I think the worst temptation is flour (in its various forms), but since that's not a normal part of the diet and it makes my knees ache, it's not very tempting. There was a French Dip sandwich a couple of weeks ago.

I have now been Aspartame-free for weeks!

I admit I jumped on the Iodoral bandwagon a few weeks ago too. My skin is definitely not as dry; I don't have to use the extra layer of moisturizer that I did all winter. I'm not cold all the time (but it's warmer now). I feel like my hair is softer and I definitely don't lose as much in the shower. I've been sleeping really well, dreaming a lot, and not having problems getting back to sleep when the cats jump on me.

I haven't weighed myself in ages, though. The doctor started me on the Pill so the IVF can be timed properly. I was all determined to be super-squeaky-clean in diet and exercise so the hormones wouldn't make me bloat up (wipes non-GMO corn chip crumbs off of keyboard).

Anyway - I don't know how much I'll be posting in the next few weeks...If it works, it'd be fun and helpful to start a new primal preggo blog, but, there's a very slim chance of success and a high (50%) rate of miscarriage at my old age with my expired eggs and that would be sad and uncomfortable to share in public. So we'll see. In the meantime, I'll be lurking in all your blogs!

Comment

• hey ottercat! I have not heard anything yet. As of last Thursday when he checked the results were still being 'processed'. Supposedly it was only supposed to take 5 to 7 business days...if I don't hear something from doc by tomorrow afternoon I'm going to call him & see what's up.

I wish you all the best on the IVF...
            Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Wishing you success, Ottercat!
              I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

• Hi Ottercat, I just subscribed to your journal (if I have time I'll read all of it, but for now I just read the last few pages).

Good luck on your IVF! I'm sure everybody here will be sending good vibes to you!
                My Journal: Candy in Primal Wonderland
                My Blog: Candy in Wonderland
                Goal for 2012: keep weight steady (+/- 74 kg): check
                Goal for 2013: lose 10 kg and keep new weight (+/- 65 kg)

Comment

• Hi guys, thanks for the well-wishes, I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed!
                  @Candy - thanks for subbing, things may be a wee bit sparse over the next month or two........or I may start another journal entirely!

Comment

• Oy vey. If I get one more phone call today from the fertility drug pharmacy I'm going to take a baseball bat to the phone!
                    On the plus side, I am baffled to discover that my insurance is going to cover most of it. I was prepared for a $5000 bill minus a few generic antibiotics, but the total came to............$147.

In non-primal news, I got a package of BB cream samples in the mail. Holy crap! Your pores and lines and blotches all vanish and I don't even look like I'm wearing foundation (which I can't because it just makes the lines and pores worse without covering the blotches). I got the Korean stuff off of Amazon, not the overpriced "western" brands.

In primal news:

Coffee rub for steak:

1/4c finely ground fresh coffee
                    in powdered spice form:
                    1T paprika
                    2t mustard
                    1T fresh black pepper
                    1T kosher salt
                    1t cumin
                    1T oregano (crumbled fine)
                    2t garlic
                    2t onion

Mix together, rub all over a big flatiron steak (had some left over). Grill til the inside is 140 degrees (oops). I was going to take it off the heat when it hit 120 since it goes up 15 degrees while it's resting, but I wasn't paying attention. Surprisingly, it came out perfectly medium rare, lovely, pink, and tender inside.

Comment

• Took the boys to the vet on Friday. I've always stuffed two cats into one carrier because they seem to calm each other, but one cat was a small female. This was the first time I've stuffed both boys into the carrier when they were full grown. It wasn't going very smoothly, so I tempted them with some catnip. Eventually got everyone packed up, examined, immunized, microchipped, and transported back home.....Except I forgot to put away the catnip!

catnip2.jpg
                      Here's the Bebeh totally covered in catnip, just looking around like "Heyyyy, maaaan, good to see ya"

catnip1.jpg
                      I can't really call the Bebeh my "little man" anymore. He is 14lb while Cattus is only 10!
                      He not fat, he just fluffy.

Comment

• Gorgeous boys. I love cats but they don't love me - sneezing, swollen eyes, asthma, the works...

Mind you, I've managed to get rid of all my other allergies by ditching low-carb so maybe it's time to go hang out with a friendly feline and see what happens.....
                        My Journal

Comment

Working...
                        X