No announcement yet.

No Loitering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in the home stretch now! School starts in 30 days! Woot!

I took a day off from the gym yesterday, just couldn't make myself do it. Back in the saddle today, though. Took care of 30 min of MS and a sprint. Out within the hour, just like I like it. And I'm recording it here, so I can remember. The gym closes tomorrow at 1:00 pm, is closed on Sunday, and is only open until 3:00 pm on Monday. So, I will attempt 2 LHT and possibly a little MS tomorrow, MS at home on Sunday, and LHT again on Monday.

I ate probably 20 McDonald's french fries today. I hate when I can't help myself but cheat. *grump*
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

Comment

2 LHTs today, and only 15 min MS, tried to do more, but my knee started really, really hurting while I was doing my squats. I managed to finish those, sort of, but that was it for my knee.

Trying turnips tonight. Actually, I've already test tasted them. They don't thrill me, but they don't disgust me, either. I can foresee eating them in the future. Probably with salsa, but never mind that now!
      Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

Comment

Lumping it together, so I'll know what I'm doing. Friday - Sprint, 1/2h MS, Saturday - 2 LHT, 1/4h MS, Sunday - 1h MS

And my knee knew something my hubby and I didn't. Really bad storm today. My knee isn't as bad today, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

I really, really want to try my hand at making homemade butter, creme fraiche and ghee, per the recipes on this site. I may give that a try this evening. If I'm not feeling too lazy, lol.

Comment

Friday - Sprint, 1/2h MS, Saturday - 2 LHT, 1/4h MS, Sunday - 1h MS, Monday - 3/4 MS, 2 LHT Still having issues with my knee.

Made creme fraiche last night, and it's thickened up beautifully. I'm going to work on the butter, possibly the ghee tonight!

Comment

No workout today, no swim lessons for my daughter. It was a long night. I was making cat food about 2300, all I needed to do was cut up the meat and mix it all together. And I cut a very deep slice on my left index finger. Fought with my husband for an hour over going to the ER. He didn't think I needed to go, but he didn't want to let me drive myself. We woke our little girl up arguing, and she basically told him he HAD to take me to the doctor.

So, we get to the hospital, I wait about a year to be seen, the doctor tells me I need stitches, which means another 5 year wait for him to return to stitch me. Then he just leaves my hand in a pool of iodine and tells me the nurse will be in soon to clean me up and to give me a tetanus shot. So, an hour later (not exaggerating this time), she finally shows up to give me a shot. I had already cleaned myself up and bandaged my finger, gone to the waiting room to get my kids, so they could rest on my hospital bed. She gave me my shot and told me someone would be in soon to discharge me. Another half hour later, someone finally shows up to bandage and release me. I told her I'd already taken care of myself and I really wanted to put my kids back to bed. Four hours for them to do maybe 5 minutes' work.

Today, I'm just drained. Not doing a thing.

Comment

Eat steak and drink stuff. I don't know how much blood you lost, but a bit more iron and fluids couldn't hurt things...
              Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Twibble! I actually had just eaten a leftover steak when I read your post, lol. I didn't lose a ton of blood, just enough to soak a paper towel every half hour or so. I can kind of see why my hubby didn't think it was bad enough to wake the kids for, but it was my finger, damn it! I felt somehow vilified when the doc told me I needed stitches.

I had a weird eating spree the night of my accident, which was explained by the arrival of my TOM last night. My sleep schedule was totally messed up last night from Monday night's activity. I couldn't fall asleep until 0600--ugh! Hubby woke me at 0730, so I had a very non-Primal 5 Hour Energy to stay conscious for my children today. Just downed my second after falling asleep while cuddling my 5 yo. You do what you've gotta do!

The weather here is still wonky, so I still needed assistance for my squats today. Stupid knee! Friday - Sprint, 1/2h MS, Saturday - 2 LHT, 1/4h MS, Sunday - 1h MS, Monday - 3/4 MS, 2 LHT, Tuesday - day off, Wednesday - 2 LHT, 1/2h MS ; Totals: 6 LHT, 3h MS, 1 Sprint

Comment

Ugh, I hate the emergency room! Even when there's nobody there (I live in a small town) it takes them FOREVER! Definitely sounds like it needed stitches tho. And nothing like PMS, trauma and sleep deprivationt to set off an eating spree

P.S. I'm going to start a metal band called Meat Hammer, wanna play bass?
                  Last edited by ottercat; 07-06-2011, 03:28 PM.
                  Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                  Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                  "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

I have no idea how to play bass, but that won't exactly matter if it's a metal band, right? Meat Hammer is the perfect name, btw.

Worked out Friday and today. Friday - .75h MS, 2 LHT, Sunday - 1.75h MS Plans for the rest of the week, subject to change: Monday - .5h MS, 2 LHT, Tuesday - 1h MS, Sprint, Wednesday - .5 MS, 2 LHT, Thursday - break I've decided I'm just going to plan for a couple days off during the week. I wear myself out with my ambition to work out. And my biggest fear is that I'll burn myself out. I love how I feel right now, I can't hack the thought of getting burned out or getting lazy.

Interesting day at the gym. There is a woman there I see practically every time I'm there. If there were an award for Miss Cardio, she'd win it. She spent an hour on the elliptical, then moved to the treadmill. As I watched her, I thought to myself that I've been seeing her working out like that for months, but she's not losing weight. I guess she hasn't changed her diet. It made me feel kind of sad for her, that she's been working so hard for no results. Then, in the locker room, she stopped and asked me how much weight I've lost, told me how you could really see the difference. I thanked her and really wished I could have complimented her back, but... Felt awkward!
                    Last edited by Sanctus Real; 07-10-2011, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Tempting fate again. We're almost out of cat food, but this time I bought twice the amount of meat I usually buy. This way, maybe I can go two weeks before I have to make the stuff again. I really hate this, so tedious. Just need to remind myself that it used to cost about $50 a month for cat food, this stuff is about $20, plus they're not eating wheat anymore. A couple have lost weight, like I hoped. Tommy, OTOH, has gained a little. Even if he pigs out on the meat, it's still better for him. And cheaper for me!

Friday - .75h MS, 2 LHT, Sunday - 1.75h MS, Monday - .5MS, 2 LHT

Comment

So, I put on rubber gloves last night to protect my hands while making the cat food, and I looked down at one point to see I was missing the entire tip of my glove! Same finger I already sliced up, so something needs to change. I bought an electric food grinder that looks like it might chunk the meat for me. Expensive, but I really like my hands, and I think I want to keep both of them.

Friday - .75h MS, 2 LHT, Sunday - 1.75h MS, Monday - .5MS, 2 LHT, Tuesday - Sprint, .5MS Totals: Sprint, 4 LHT, 3.5MS. Two more days for my workout week.

Comment

Friday - .75h MS, 2 LHT, Sunday - 1.75h MS, Monday - .5MS, 2 LHT, Tuesday - Sprint, .5MS, Wednesday - .5MS, 2 LHT. Totals: Sprint, 6 LHT, 4MS. Yay, I get to choose if I feel like working out tomorrow!

I had a great experience at the gym today. I guess the weather really was messing with my knee. I was totally back to unassisted squats today. I was sure my knee was going to start popping any minute, so I was paranoid the whole time. But it went beautifully. I'm back!

Comment

Another hour on the treadmill today, so here are my totals. *drumroll* Sprint, 6 LHT, 4 MS. (Made a typo yesterday, that should have been 3 MS.) And another week is over.

I did the home body fat test thing again. Not sure how accurate, but I've gone from around 24% when this first began to 19% today. YAY! Whether or not I'm actually 19% or anywhere near there, I'm improving, by gum! Ideally, I'd like to be around 13-15%. We'll see what happens. Maybe someday I'll actually pay for one of those tests at the gym. I have no idea how worthless they may be, but they're bound to be more accurate than I am at home, right?
                            Last edited by Sanctus Real; 07-14-2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Trying to mix things up a little this week, I'll see how it goes for me. I really thought I was going to take a day off today, and I almost did. Almost. I finally decided about 2200 to do something. Being that I have nothing but a treadmill and myself at home, and I didn't want to do the treadmill that late, I warmed up for 5 min on the treadmill, did pushups, squats and planks.

Tomorrow, I'll take some treadmill time and do my pull-ups and my overhead presses. I'm thinking I may split up the LHT days like that for awhile, though who knows with me, whether I'll be able to keep track. But, I'm thinking 6 days a week with half my LHT and 30-45 minutes MS or occasionally a Sprint, and that should be okay. Getting this straight in my head: Friday - pushups, squats, planks, Saturday - treadmill (.5 - .75 hr?), pullups and overhead press, then alternated days from there on, with a rest when I need it. Might work for me, might need to adjust things.

My husband ate grain today. Popcorn. It's his body, his choices, but you should have heard him justifying it to himself. It was classic. "Well, it's not really a grain." I told him corn had the classic grain structure. "But I'm not eating the grain part." You're eating the endosperm, which is what makes the grain a grain. "Oh, but it's not as bad as wheat." You do what you want to do, hon, don't worry about justifying it to me. Then he was all, "This popcorn is really bad." Typical, I've noticed. Whenever I eat something I know I shouldn't, it never tastes as good to me as I had imagined it would. But I kept my mouth shut. And I'm very proud I managed that!

Comment

I didn't do what I thought I'd do in the gym today, lol. Instead, I did one set of LHT (pushups, pullups, etc.) and 45 minutes MS. But, I've figured that if I do that every day for six days, I'll total 6 LHT (as I've been doing), 4h MS, and I'll have to throw in a sprint somewhere by dropping .5h MS one day, and sprinting instead. Of course, when you change your mind every day, who knows what you'll do, lol?

I'm thinking of planning a trip to pick up my dad for a visit and to see some old HS and college friends on the way. It's going to be a lot of driving, but I've been wanting to see these folks for a very long time, I just live so far away now. Part of the problem is that my BF from HS moved about 3 hours away from where my best college friends (I am responsible for them meeting, so I take credit for them hooking up 20 years ago) moved. Makes visiting both complicated, but maybe I can manage seeing one on the trip to pick Dad up, seeing the other on the trip taking him home. I don't know. I really want to see both sets of friends, if I can just figure out how. Arrgh!

Comment

Working...
                                X