No announcement yet.

AbstractPersona's primal life!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on all the progress, that's great that you're seeing so many positive changes!
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

Alright, now that all the birthdays are over, I'm doing a Whole9 until Thanksgiving. Our Thanksgivings are pretty primal, but of-course, I must have apple pie!

I've started walking/jogging/running in the morning, which I love. I'm not good at it at all anymore, but I'm happy that I can atleast do a little. I was too weak to do it before I started anti-thyroid drugs. I could literally only run a couple of steps.

The hair loss I had back in August? It's been regrowing, fast and furious. When I noticed it last month, it was already one inch. Now those new hairs have blended in with the rest, so it's hard to see how long they are. I haven't had any hair loss since August. You know what? I like it. Thanks to that hair loss, my hair doesn't look like a curly poofy pyramid anymore. I've actually got those fairytale ends I've always wanted... without a trip to the evil hair salon!

I haven't been able to sleep well recently, because of noise outside. It's an electrical/mechanical sound of some sort that keeps me awake all night. So I started sleeping on the floor in another room, but our floor is maybe one inch thick, if that. So I can hear the furnace in the basement all night. Arggh! I'm sleeping much better anyway, but still not perfect.

Anyway...

Oct 28
      • Coffee with a splash of heavy cream. Pumpkin soup (pumpkin + chicken stock). Two soft boiled eggs. The heavy cream was before I knew I would be doing a whole9 ;-)
      • A yummy super ripe banana (22 cents!), 3 small whiting fillets and broccoli cooked in ghee with turmeric and cumin.
      • Oh yeah, gift cake and ice cream. It's funny the things you stuff in your mouth before you realize you did it :O

Oct 29
      • Leftover fish, broccoli, mashed sweet potato and parsnip with ghee.
      • Salted cashews, M&Ms, ice cream. LOL. SAD!

Oct 30
      • 3 soft steamed eggs, black decaf.

Went for a walk in the first snow of the season. I picked a really bad time to start running, didn't I? WTB racquetball partner.
      I can zip my knee-high boots, and they're comfy, not tight. My mom bought them for me last year. Even when I was a skinny teenager,tall boots never fit me, so I don't know what she was thinking. She has tree trunk legs like I do, she should know! But anyway... they fit!

Oct 31
      • Two eggs fried in lard with salt and chili pepper paste. Pumpkin and chicken stock soup. Snicker's bar ;-D Let's just forget this whole9 thing for now, shall we?
      • Coconut chicken curry (with added potato and sweet potato)
      Last edited by abstractpersona; 10-31-2011, 11:18 AM.
      My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
      Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

Comment

10 lbs lost, good, good, good! I'm still not thin enough for a size 11, though. It fits but not comfortable to sit. It feels like I'm loosing fat in other places of my body, but it must be all going to my waist.^^

Today and yesterday I'm feeling hungry even after I eat. Strange. . . My meals were

beefy stew with turnip, carrots and peas, with homemade beef stock. But the stew meat was very lean, I couldn't even cook it more than an hour because it was dry like sawdust. Maybe the stew wasn't fatty enough?

Fatty pork meatballs with shredded cabbage. These were definately fatty. But maybe I didn't eat enough of the meatballs

Haddock coated in eggwash, fried; Swiss Chard.

And every single time I felt hunger and nausea.

I ran out of eggs so I've been eating stew for breakfast. hmmm, maybe I really need those eggs to feel full? I'll buy some eggs today if I have money after the farmers market.

Comment

I've been sitting on the toilet for the past hour, crying to myself, wishing I could make myself puke. I got out of there and told myself I needed to post here. It doesn't matter if it makes me feel OCD about dieting, I HAVE to post here. It doesn't matter if it makes me feel silly for posting in a public forum, I HAVE to post here. Even if it seems I'm obsessed with Primal eating, I HAVE to post here, I HAVE to!

I know how horrible it is not to take care of myself, so why did I let myself slip? Every morning, I think, do not eat bad things. And mostly every day, I seem to forget, until after I ate the bad thing.
          No matter how much I hate tattoos, I must get a tattoo, or a kitty bell / collar, on my wrist. I don't care how silly it is, it has to be done for my health. I need a reminder every-time I get my hands on bad food.

Tonight I ate a small bag of corn chips, and my stomach area started to hurt.
          Right now I have a orange in front of my nose because the scent distracts me from the pain.
          The pain is like what I used to get before I started primal, gallbladder pain.
          The gas, I won't even talk about. I feel like I have a swollen balloon to the right of my stomach, and I feel like a swollen balloon is going to come out of my mouth anytime soon (but I know from experience it won't, and how I wish I could get rid of this food).

This morning I had a chocolate muffin.
          Yesterday I had 3 slices of bread.
          Yesterday I had a big bowl of oatmeal.
          A few days ago I had 4 small hamburger buns with my pulled pork.
          Many days ago I had pizza.
          Ok, I lost track now.

Funny, is how every single time, I didn't even want to eat it, I just ate it because it was there.
          And now I'm considering taking the pain medication the hospital gave me... back in April!

*goes drink some water*
          Last edited by abstractpersona; 11-23-2011, 08:39 PM. Reason: "I need a reminder every-time I get my hands on bad food."

Comment

I've been tracking on paper, a magnet clipboard on the fridge. This works much better for me since I hate to turn on the computer, or worse, the tablet, which takes atleast twice as long to boot up as my Linux computer does.

Goals?
            (inspired by mamagrok - thanks)
            - Atleast 5 hours between meals. This one is easy for me. No snaking.
            - Morning sun exposure (Brr! cold!); darkening the house at sunset (not so easy), and go to bed early.
            - Take my vit D, magnesium, fish oil.
            - Fat bomb (coconut oil, whatever) if I get desperate cravings / fake hunger.
            - FitDay weekly image will be Thursday nights.
            Fat Bomb recipe melt coconut oil and chocolate (optional) in different pans » add coconut flakes and slivered almonds to coconut oil » let both cool slightly » swirl melted chocolate into coconut oil » shape into a cookie slightly bigger than a quarter, keep refrigerated.

Thursday, 11/24
            · Teaspoon coconut oil, 2 eggs.
            · Pumpkin soup, pulled pork.
            · I've been getting hungry at night, so I went and bought 3 mozzarella cheese sticks. Need to have coconut oil instead.
            · Later at night I was hungry again, so I microwaved a big white potato and put lots of butter on it. Need to have coconut oil instead.

Friday, 11/25
            · 2 eggs in bacon fat.
            · Beef roast, butternut squash, peas (we don't have much greens in the house at the moment)
            · A bite of store bought pumpkin pie since we didn't do Thanksgiving.
            · Was hungry by nighttime, so I had 3 cheese sticks, teaspoon coconut oil, and some leftover butternut squash. Need to have coconut oil instead.

Curing this insulin ressistance is going to be fun again!

Saturday, 11/26
            · 3 eggs in butter, 4 slices of bacon (boyfriend is obsessed with bacon), decaf with tablespoon heavy cream.
            · Angus steak (less than a cup), 1 slice mozzarela, 1 slice provolone, 1 portobella mushroom. Bacon fat for cooking. 1/3 Snickers, 2 yummy frothy decafs w/ 2 tbsp heavy cream.

Sunday, 11/27
            · Egg soufflé (4 eggs, 1/4 cup cooked swiss chard, 1/4 cup chopped leftover Angus steak (I think that's what it was anyway))
            · Decaf and tablespoon heavy cream. 2 mozzarella sticks.
            · A Wendy's berry smoothie which I've wanted to try for the longest time. Actually quite decent.
            · Truffles (2 tablespoons coconut oil, 6 tablespoons coconut flakes, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder)

Monday, 11/28
            · About 11/2 cups homemade soup (homemade chicken stock, chorizo, chicken, kale)
            · Roast beef and sweet potato.
            · Tootsie rolls baggy.

Tuesday, 11/29
            · Restaurant meal: 2 big trout fillets, with two sides of mixed steamed vegetables. Yucky coffee with sugar and milk. Wednesday,

Wednesday, 11/30
            · 3 free slices of pepperoni pizza. Bad idea.

I'll put up the FitDay weekly graphic next time I feel better.
            Last edited by abstractpersona; 01-05-2012, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Thursday, 12/1
              · About 11/2 cups homemade soup (homemade chicken stock, chorizo, chicken, kale)
              · Was in a terrible mood and bought more pizza.
              Started feeling stomach-area pain (didn't seem like the usual gallbladder pain). Couldn't sleep last night, so stayed up.

Friday, 12/2
              Was vomiting from 5 PM until 4 AM, when I finally got some sleep.
              No wonder my stomach was hurting, the cheese was there for 24 hours and it came back up undigested.

Saturday, 12/3
              · Finally got hungry about 11PM and ate a baked potato with 1 and a half tablespoons butter.

Sunday, 12/4
              · Canja de galinha (homemade stock from chicken wings, meat from chicken wings, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup rice to thicken)
              Makes total 4 cups, had 2 cups.

Monday, 12/5
              · 15 chestnuts or so. These make a real nice breakfast.
              · 2 cups canja de galinha.
              · Oreo ice cream package

Tuesday, 12/6
              · The other 15 chestnuts
              · 1 cup shrimp curry (shrimp, red peppers, coconut milk, coconut oil, spices) and 1/2 cup rice.

Wednesday, 12/7
              · 1 cup shrimp curry and 1/2 cup rice.
              · 2 slices beef roast, Wendy's berry smoothie (boyfriend again xD Can't blame him, tastes great... about the only American thing I don't scoff at)

Thursday, 12/8
              · 3 eggs in bacon grease
              · 2 big peanut butter cups (all me), 1/2 cup heavy cream in my coffee.
              · More chicken soup, 1 cup. It's so good!
              Last edited by abstractpersona; 01-05-2012, 11:51 AM.

Comment

I really want to make this casserole this week, but what if I can't digest the cheese again? But I had a whole package of ice cream the other day, and I was fine. So... not quite sure what's the deal with that.
                I might buy some enzymes first, just in case. I'm sure they're not meant to be used like that, but I'm trying to figure out this cheese thing.

Friday, 12/9
                · 1 cup leftover soup. All gone!
                · About 10 good quality figs. Oh so good! I'm loving having nuts and dried fruits... it's Christmas season, after all! :-D Yay!

Saturday, 12/10
                · Pea stew (ervilhas com ovos escalfados) (chicken stock, chorizo, potato, peas, whole poached egg)
                · 2 fat juicy hamburgers. 4 Lindt truffles.

Sunday, 12/11
                Nothing. I was vomiting all day. Was it the burgers or the truffles? O_o'' Or did I overeat? I meant to save one of the burgers for breakfast, but it was so tasty... :P

Monday, 12/12
                · 2 slices of bacon, about 1/3 cup of pork rib meat.
                · Perch fillets with broccoli.

Tuesday, 12/13
                · 3 eggs lightly fried in butter.
                I was craving something creamy when I got up—like runny eggs and hollandaise sauce, maybe—but I couldn't be bothered to make the sauce just for myself.
                · 3 small slices of pork roast, green beans. Wendy's berry smoothie :S

Wednesday, 12/14
                · 2 eggs and 1 slice pork roast
                · 3 slices beef roast, carrots, parsnips, potato.

Thursday, 12/15
                · Leftover roast in my 2 eggs.
                · Broiled sardines with chili paste and roast potatoes.
                Last edited by abstractpersona; 01-05-2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

OMG, it's almost Christmas ! It's so cold, but no snow. My eyebrows freeze whenever I step outside. Bless my almighty alpaca mittens. They're so warm, I should have knit some for my family... *Brrrr!*

Friday
                  , 12/16
                  · Nothing.

Saturday, 12/17
                  · Grocery store rotisserie chicken (2 legs), some rice.
                  · 3 truffles and an eclair which was a a tasteless waste of 4 dollars. If I were in Portugal, where they have good pastries, I don't know how I'd be able to resist :P

Sunday, 12/18
                  · Leftover chicken (breast).

Monday, 12/19
                  · Coffee with cream, chicken cuuuuuuuurrrrry! (chicken, sweet potato, white potato, onion, coconut milk, coconut oil, spices)
                  · Pork roast with carrots and parsnips + butter. I'm in a bad mood, I want some junk.
                  · A whole 72% chocolate bar, it was way too bitter for just 72%, so meh :-(

Tuesday, 12/20
                  · 2 eggs with leftover pork fried in bacon fat.
                  ·
                  Broiled sardines (2 cans) with cubed squash roasted with butter.

Wednesday, 12/21
                  · Made chowder! (haddock, onions, potatoes, red pepper, celery, corn, heavy cream) Had 2 bowls! Boyfriend brought home a gingerbread cookie. Made pudding (coconut milk, cocoa, cornstarch, sugar).

Thursday, 12/22
                  · 3 eggs fried in bacon fat.
                  · Leftover chowder.
                  Last edited by abstractpersona; 01-05-2012, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Scale says I lost 15 pounds since April, but I have to go to a clinic and re-weigh myself to make sure.
                    I guess that's a nice Christmas present :-)

I messed up the meat order this month, so we got lots of chicken, some pork, and little beef. U G H ! ! ! This is going to suuuuuck!

Friday, 12/23
                    · Chicken curry,
                    · A ton of sips of the boyfriend's Pepsi max. That stuff tastes slimy! Feels like I'm drinking sewer water.

Saturday, 12/24
                    I'm not doing Christmas this year, so...
                    · Beef rib roast, asparagus, mushrooms, onions.
                    · 3 Gingerbread cookies made with gluten-free flour. Boyfriend surprised me with those before I woke up. Came out quite good!

Sunday, 12/25
                    .:*...:*MerryChristmas!*:.*
                    · Leftover meat
                    · 2 squares peanut butter fudge (I think she makes it with marshmallow fluff and peanut butter)
                    ☆ one coffee with cream, and a mug hot chocolate.

Monday, 12/26
                    · 3 eggs with leftover rib roast meat.
                    · "small" plain popcorn, and regular Sierra Mist at the movies. Odd that they don't sell diet soda. Watched Tintin, good memories :-)

Tuesday, 12/27
                    · Lots of yummy ham, 1 fried egg in 1 teaspoon bacon fat, 1 cup broccoli. Coffee with a couple tablespoons heavy cream.
                    · Chocolate pudding (cornstarch, cocoa, milk, sugar) (put it in my mini-cocotte, useless thing!)

Wednesday, 12/28
                    · Mashed sweet potatoes (cooked with lots of butter), a big chunk of ham. A glass of milk. I can totally understand why they make kids drink flavored milk... milk tastes disgusting plain! I'm dying for some fresh milk!
                    · For dinner: fried egg, green beans, coffee (my coffee is always decaf unless stated otherwise) with heavy cream.

Thursday, 12/29
                    · Chicken curry with pumpkin and turnip.
                    · Snicker's bar.
                    Last edited by abstractpersona; 01-05-2012, 11:54 AM.

Comment

What does it mean when one doesn't "do" Christmas?
                      Depression Lies

Comment

I don't know!, it's my first time not doing Christmas :-O

I have no idea what I'm going to end up doing.
                        Maybe 1) make cookies 2) make hot cocoa or coffee 3) go walk at the trail, it's snowy!, and bring said cookies and hot drink.

I might go to midnight mass just for the nostalgic factor.

How's that sound :-) Happy holidays to you

Comment

New Year's resolutions
                          No technology past 8 pm , sleep by 10.
                          Follow this How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie and this.
                          I think it would be nice to do a whole30, then get cholesterol and thyroid panel, if I can get a doctor's appointment.

For New Year's I want to make Wintergreen lasagna (I try not to use many noodles), coconut macaroons, tiramisu... What else...? Antipasto? That's a given.

I've been curious about making a sweet potato pie. Maybe I'll make it in those mini-cocottes. When I eat sweet potato cooked with just butter, cloves, and garam masala, it tastes so much sweeter than pumpkin pie made with lots of sugar, so I think it would be tastier and healthier to make it with sweet potato. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Friday, 12/30
                          · Ham, a few bites of pumpkin, drank some chicken stock,
                          · Ben and Jerry's Phish food, coffee with a splash of cream.

Saturday, 12/31
                          · Coffee (I think I need to stop drinking it), 1 banana, two eggs.
                          · One pork chop with green beans, asparagus, and shallots.
                          · A bunch of Maria cookies covered with chocolate (some white, some regular) (I do not put this and the Tiramisu in red because it's planned)

Sunday, 1/1
                          · Like, way too much tiramisu! :-) 3 fried eggs.
                          · Leftover pork chops, green beans, and... TBA.
                          Poor Man's Tiramisu:
                          2 packets of chocolate mousse (and two cups milk). Whip this.
                          1 small carton of heavy cream. Add a bit of salt and sugar and whip this.
                          1 large or two small packs of Maria cookies.
                          Make a espresso and add brandy to it. You'll dip the cookies (just enough to wet) here before adding to pyrex dish.

In pyrex dish, layer mousse, cookies, heavy cream, cookies, then repeat. End with just mousse.
                          Monday, 1/2

· Last few bites of tiramisu. Good bye, my precious!
                          · Quick soup (2 cups chicken stock, 2 eggs).
                          · Small can of tuna with hot chili paste and olive oil stirred in. Two small Sprite Zero bottles.

Tuesday, 1/3
                          · More egg drop soup (1.5 cup chicken stock, 2 eggs)
                          · Bag of chips = really really bloated. Hot chocolate.
                          Made more bone stock last night, and it came out like gelatin this time. Also tasted much richer than usual. But I did everything the same I always do... so I have no idea what caused it *shurg*

Wednesday, 1/4
                          · Plain bone stock.
                          · Roast beef + small red potato + 2 carrots + 2 parsnips.

Thursday, 1/5
                          · 1 scrambled egg and 3 bacon slices, black coffee.
                          I wasn't hungry, but boyfriend got me a nice coffee, and what's better with coffee than bacon and eggs? (Portuguese mother would answer fresh bread and hard Sao Jorge cheese! That'd be good too, I guess :P )
                          · About 10 slices of good quality salami.

Last edited by abstractpersona; 01-05-2012, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I bet you could make a lasagna with peeled zucchini slices instead of the pasta!
                            Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                              I bet you could make a lasagna with peeled zucchini slices instead of the pasta!
                              Nah, I don't like out of season vegetables.
                              But in that picture there are 6 layers of noodles? I really only use 2 or 3, so it's not so bad.

I want this lasagna, only one I ever liked :-D

Comment

Hey, how about using cooked bacon in place of the lasagna noodles? :P

Would it be pure bliss, OR would it be pure bliss?
                                Last edited by abstractpersona; 01-02-2012, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X