No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - grandma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have been trying all of those things and it is getting better. Some warm weather would be nice to open things up. I keep having to apologize to people for my smell LOL!

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

hey grams, I don't have any advice on the smell but i wanted to say your valentine's dinner sounded lovely.

I have your enchiladas on my meal list for this week (remember your crockpot enchiladas from awhile back?)

Comment

Hahaha, that was a big mistake huh? When I was rendering beef tallow I went a little too long on the stove, in the oven, and in the microwave...what can I say I was trying to figure out what method would be best! Anyway, the smell was EVERYWHERE, even stuck in my nose it seemed, and it just took a while to get it out of the house. Fortunately it was October, so it was only somewhat cold and I was able to open the windows every day for a while. I hate febreeze in general, but it might help for the furniture at least.

And kudos on the Valentine's dinner, that did sound amazing

You are what you eat,
        and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

@DCKMB thanks for reminding me, that sounds good -- I might be allowed to use the crockpot. If I promise to be good.

@hannahc Mrs G. won't let me forget that for $.50 I could have bought some chicken broth. But.... we all know that's not the same. But that's a fight for another day, best to lay low for now

Comment

I was allowed back in the kitchen this weekend, the memory of my last mistake are far from erased, we still smell like we live in a night club, but it is getting better.

Sat Night: almond and coconut crusted pork chops with avocado and red onion salsa --- came out really good. Plantains fried in CO (it went with the theme, all whip myself later). BAS

Sunday: "kalua-ish" pig. I was kind of afraid of the liquid smoke thing, so it was mostly just shredded pork. Good none the less. Coleslaw and broccoli.

Comment

Yum those pork chops sound delicious. I've been craving a crusted something lately...I was kind of thinking chicken crusted with coconut flakes. Yours sounds awesome though And I LOVE fried plantains, they are just slightly sweet and lend such good flavor to a meal. I've never made them on my own, only had them out a couple of times. Fried in CO sounds like an awesome treat sometime though, kind of like sweet potatoes for me.

I don't like the liquid smoke idea either. I've heard both sides to why it's bad and why it's fine...and I'd just rather have nothing to do with it.

You are what you eat,
              and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

Started some seeds inside:

Tomatillo --- had to order those online $2.00 shipping for $1.89 packet of seed. Hopefully I can save some seeds from this years crop

Peppers

3 kinds of tomatoes

Eggplant

Sweet and hot peppers

Surfing for some recipes, found this one that looks good

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chicken-scallopine-with-sage-and-fontina-cheese-recipe/index.html

I'll have to try it an let you guys know

Comment

Sens 3-0. D Alfredsson!! Oh wait 3-1

Comment

Everything going okay, grammie ????

Comment

Working...
                    X