Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diggin' the mojo chicken.

Comment

once again work-out turned to work. I moved my rock pile. Squats, deadlift, overhead press, carrying heavy things (is there a gym equivalent of that?) -- you name it I did it. It's gonna wreck my sleep again.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

Monday:

B: chicken sausage 2 egg omelet with cheese

L: BAS with left over mojo chicken (it was better cold)

D: 10oz Steak, Salad OO/V , green beans

No work out, went to WATCH a hockey game.

Comment

Tueday:

B: chicken sausage egg mcPrimal with coconut flour pancake (OK, rather just have an omelet)

L: forgot to pack a lunch so I went to a taco place and had carne el pastor tacos -- just ate the filling. (no cheese)

D: still in the mexican mood so I invented fajitas stir-fry (steak, onion, peppers, salsa, zucchini stir fried in CO) I was feeling a little carb-needy so I served it over black beans. (fit day says 20g carbs per .5 cup serving). Fesh cilantro on top.

Salad OO/V

Need to do something active tonight

Comment

Strange day

B: skip

L: took my daughter to her first sushi restaurant. She loved it. A very worthwhile cheat. It was a really special experience.

D: Chicken and veggies from a chicken pot pie my wife made. Another cheat. Huge Salad.

I gotta get back on the wagon tomorrow. I'm starving tonight, but I know what that is, it's the carbs talking to me, they are trying to pull me back in.

Interestingly, my wife is feeling it too. I have done most of the cooking for that last few days and when I haven't she has been trying to accommodate me. So she has been pretty primal for maybe 4-5 days. She went on a bit of a bender today: brownies, chicken pie, pancakes for breakfast.... She told me tonight that she felt terrible, foggy head, worn-out.... I said -- see, what have I been telling you....

Comment

Back from a long Vacation. It was great, got lots of sun, walked million miles, snorkeled, surfed (my first time), etc. The eating end wasn't so good, but I tried my best when possible (ate a lot of eggs) and when it wasn't I said - c'est la vie; it's vacation.

Now is time to get back on track however.

Comment

wondered where you were, grandma. Nice to see your posts again.

Comment

Welcome back! I'm dying to go on vacation. Although, mine won't be any place 'tropical' or extravagant, per say, but none-the-less, "All work and no play makes SassaFrass a dull girl!" ;-)

I bet we could come up with a wonderful 'Primal Pot Pie' recipe if we all put our heads together! Like, use the pie crust recipe and sub sweet potatoes for regular, etc! Dang, IF for lunch and now I am thinking of food! ;-)

Comment

Sass,

I'm sure we could, but I'm not all that motivated to try. My attempts at pancakes sort of left me sour on the ideas of replicating the bread-like experience with primal ingredients. I would be just as happy with a chicken stew as opposed to trying to replicate a crust. Although in a fruit pie, a nut crust sounds great.

I recommend vacation. Even a stay-cation improves one's attitude.

Comment

Yeah, I did an almond crust for my fruit pies and it was good.

Camping and a 'lodge' event for me soon!

Comment

It has been a day since IT happened, but I am still bummed. Let me tell the story, even though I am a little embarrassed:

I was playing with putting a smoke box into my gas grill this weekend. On Saturday we had a fantastic "brisket". I use quotes because it was not the right cut of meat for a brisket and practitioners of the art from would frown on my technique, but no the less I used roast with a dry rub of paprika, all spice, salt and pepper and smoked it for a good 3 hours. It was fantastic. So Sunday I tried 2 chickens, I split them to cook a little faster and threw them in the with the skin side up and left them for 2.5 hours. After 2.5 hours they were gorgeous! The skin was brown and crisp (I had the heat a little high to make the skin crisp) but I was concerned that they were a little underdone. So I flipped them over and went into the house to finish the rest of the meal. When I came back out the grease had caught fire and burned the crap out of the once beautiful chickens

After removing the skin I was able to salvage the meat, but that lovely skin was lost. I'm such a dummy!

Comment

Aww... what a bummer!

Not to worry. We've all had our cooking faux pas. So sorry to hear about your lovely chickens though. Consider it a learning experience. (That's how I make myself feel better about my disasters- lol.)

Comment

At least you salvaged the meat!

I used to hate chicken skin, but only if it was all rubbery. Now, I drizzle bacon grease over the bird while it cooks and DANG! I steal everyone's skin off of their plate if they don't pay close enough attention! :-D

Comment

We ate anyway, even the meat wasn't that great, dry and boring.

Comment

I'll get back in the habit of plogging (primal journal logging)

B: smoked chicken omelet. not a great experiment - note to self buy bacon

L: Filling from a chicken burrito and salad from catered lunch at work

D: 8oz steak and boat-load of zucchini/mushroom saute.

Playing Ice hockey tonight -- first time in 5 weeks I'm so excited.

Comment

Working...
                                X