No announcement yet.

Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got the veggie gelatin made today, got caught up in working on the book and didn't do it until today.
    Did squats yesterday, pushups today, moving back in my DDPYoga. I would love to get back into the gym to have access to the weights, but until I start bringing in more cash, that will have to wait.
    I keep thinking of what I want to add to the back yard and figuring up how costly it might be ... initially I was thinking of a large square area that I could level off, fill with some good semi packed sand and have a place where I could do some of my workouts outside .... and then I remembered the neighbors cats, who already assume that my yard is their latrine ... and the whole sand idea went straight into the toilet.
    I would love the bounce back surface, but that stuff is way up there with the $ !

So for the foody things today ... bacon, yummy yummy bacon ... 2 nutriblasts of kale, blueberries, hemp, chia seeds, spinach and avocado ... not sure what dinner is, but it's going to happen soon because I am hungry.
    The big blast of sleet and temps in the 20's somehow cleared up my cedar fever stuff (for now).
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Comment

• Made the veggie gelatin salad thing .... an interesting mix of shredded cabbage, a little shredded carrot, green onions - tops and all, olives, seasoned with apple cider vinegar, meyers lemon, sea salt and a little stevia. It's strangely good ..... especially considering that I have never liked regular jello. Even as a child I was suspicious of the stuff, and didn't want to eat something that continued to quiver and shake and came in bright crayola colors. It's always been a creepifying thing for me.

Most likely I will consume the gelatin more by drinking it, but this salad stuff is pretty tasty and it doesn't shake everywhere.
      I wish I had put some bacon in it though ....

Comment

• Your veggie salad thing sounds so much like the jello molds of the 1950's. I can see why they might creep you out.

I may not comment much but I am still here reading along and cheering you on.
        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
          Your veggie salad thing sounds so much like the jello molds of the 1950's. I can see why they might creep you out.

I may not comment much but I am still here reading along and cheering you on.
          Yes, it is an old recipe form the 50's ... LOL. I have some new ones that I will try when I finish this bowl out ... at some point I will get into the bone broth, but I need to get a good source for bones first. One of my grandmothers was obsessed with the regular jello and thought it should be served at most meals, and always at Sunday lunch, along with a large chocolate cake and either an angel food cake or a pie .... thankfully I was young enough then that I didn't have to endure that !
          My Mom would make it for my Dad sometimes, and they were quite perplexed when I would cry if they put it on my plate ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Orannhawk View Post
            Yes, it is an old recipe form the 50's ... LOL. I have some new ones that I will try when I finish this bowl out ... at some point I will get into the bone broth, but I need to get a good source for bones first. One of my grandmothers was obsessed with the regular jello and thought it should be served at most meals, and always at Sunday lunch, along with a large chocolate cake and either an angel food cake or a pie .... thankfully I was young enough then that I didn't have to endure that !
            My Mom would make it for my Dad sometimes, and they were quite perplexed when I would cry if they put it on my plate ....
            The redeeming factor with the salad, I chopped the cabbage instead of shredding it, and then with the other chopped and sliced veggies and olives, there was little "shake room" for the gelatin. It just sorta sat around the veggies being all happy and gelified.

Comment

• Temps are dropping fast again with the approaching arctic air front, but I stuck with my kale and berry blasts for meals this morning. Struggling with motivation today, perhaps because of the cold and sneezing ... nonetheless I have to get past that crap and get moving again.

Comment

• Spent most of the weekend working on the book, zipped through three chapters and I was feeling pretty fracking awesome about that .... then managed somehow to bump a key and the whole damn thing went somewhere deep into nothingness. Note to self, hit save over and over and over again.
                Auto recovery was useless, and so was every other option I looked up ... zip in the dump files. Where in the hell does something go to if it's not even in the trash can ?

Huge lesson there, not only with the SAVE SAVE SAVE reminders, but also that I needed to step away and really look at what I was gaining as a result of losing these chapters. I called another writer, who also happens to be a cousin. I knew if anyone would understand this, she would. Interestingly enough, I didn't cry, I didn't get angry, and although I was upset, I knew that there was a reason why these pages went *poof*.
                I do admit to eating two slices of rat cheese (cheddar) .... which, did in fact make me feel like crap warmed over.
                Anyway, the first thing she says is exactly what I expected ... "there's always a reason, just step away, regroup and rewrite."
                Sleeping on it last night I realized that I was jumping around a little too much in the chapters that ran away, and I needed to rethink the story line and restructure.
                Things are in a better perspective today, my meals are on target and the writing is tighter. I have a stronger sense of where it is going now and I am hitting SAVE !

I've had the realization once again that there are things that I am in control of, like my meal choices and working out .... but in the bigger scheme of things, when I miss the key to save something or get out of balance with my workouts or eating cheese when I know I can't handle dairy, it's not a matter of giving up, it's just the time to see things from a different viewpoint and make the changes I need to make.
                I was reading the thread on the "thigh-gap" and while I am struggling with my thighs to lean out so my muscles actually show, I don't give a damn if there is a gap or not. It's just not a priority for me.

Yes, I am struggling right now with getting my schedule back in order and trying to convince my body that I need to be asleep WELL before midnight, so I can get up early and workout. Time to re-train my mind and get my body to follow suit. Like with my writing, I need to step back, regroup and do it the way I know works ... get my butt to bed at a reasonable hour so my workouts are solid, keep my meals tight and hit SAVE on the damned computer !

Comment

• Really warm day yesterday and I was outside as much as possible ... today, it's cold again and I'm by the heater ! Made up another batch of the veggies and gelatin last night. Adding it to my green drinks as well. I'm really starting to enjoy this gelatin stuff, thankfully it doesn't shake everywhere like the processed crap.

Comment

• Seriously considering doing IF again, as well as adding in Bulletproof coffee. I will have to wait to get the recommended coffee and MCT, but I can go with coconut oil and KerryGold in my regular coffee until then.
                    I will continue with my veggie blasts and the gelatin, but as a part of the IF. Planning to start this Tuesday, have to have my son pick up some KerryGold for me in Austin, sadly not available here.

Comment

• First day back on IF, with the Bullletproof. This was quite interesting but also very good. I wasn't hungry most of the day, broke the IF around 3 this afternoon with a kale /strawberry / gelatin shake thing, then had some sardines later. I drank a half cup more of just plain coffee after the Bulletproof, which I will not do tomorrow. After many months without coffee, it was too much and had me a little too buzzed for a while.

Comment

• Ok, this is it ... I am in bulletproof nirvana.
                        I've come to the conclusion that I was not getting enough fats in my diet because two days in to the Bulletproof IF, I am feeling crazy awesome good. Damn, why didn't I do this before ???
                        My only issue is with limiting myself to one large mug of it ! LOL

Comment

• Ok, screw that one mug of Bulletproof Coffee .... I've been having two and I feel better now than I have in months.

Yesterday
                          2 mugs BP Coffee
                          IF until 3 pm .... broke the fast with a smoothie thing of kale, mustard greens, strawberries, chia seeds and water, stirred in a spoon of Great Lakes gelatin after blasting it all
                          Large salad of romaine, kale, mustard greens with a little carrot, black olives and balsamic vinegar .... oh and some sardines.

Today
                          2 mugs BP coffee
                          IF until 3:30
                          Blast of kale, frozen cherries, water, hemp seeds
                          Pork tenderloin, carrot, green onions rolled into romaine leaves

Comment

• Today's foods are the same as yesterday, with the exception of the hemp (used chia seeds today) and ran out of romaine, so tonight's leftover pork will be just pork. 2 cups of BPcoffee this morning .... have felt like crap warmed over today. Sneezing all day, kept waking up during the night coughing. Not sure if this is a cold or just allergies ... weather bounced back up to the upper 70's after ice again the other day. I think this is kicking my allergies all over the place.

Comment

• BPCoffee, broke IF at 2:01 .... for some reason today I needed to get something else in my gut and damn fast.
                              Did a green shake thing with gelatin of course and immediately felt awesomeness flooding over me .... ah yes.
                              Had a snack of the leftover pork around 4:30ish, and another green thing at 6. Have about 3 bites of pork that will disappear in the next five minutes or so, and I am good for the night.

Comment

• Working to finish up a sizable custom print order, thankfully the BP coffee is helping me to stay at least somewhat focused. I am, however not thrilled that I am feeling somewhat nauseated around an hour or so before I have the first meal of the day. Once I eat (or drink my yummy green sludge) then I am ok ....
                                I don't recall this occurring when I did the IF before, although I wasn't doing bulletproof then either. I'm wondering now if I need to adjust when I eat that first meal, and if I do, is it going to throw me off track on the IF ...

Yesterday - BPC, broke IF at 1:45 with some green sludge (kale, strawberries, water, chia seeds, gelatin....)
                                Grilled some super thin boneless pork chops last night, ate them all. So thin and small, 3 would equal a normal sized chop. Steamed carrots with a smidgen of KerryGold.

Today ... BPC, feel like I could eat the paint off the walls right now, but trying to hold out at least until 1:30ish. Will do a green drink, no clue what dinner may be.

Comment

Working...
                                X