• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And how do we spell frustration ? two little letters, ME
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orannhawk View Post
      And how do we spell frustration ? two little letters, ME
      Let me guess. The scale hasn't budged at all?
      Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
        Let me guess. The scale hasn't budged at all?
        Not down for sure ... I am actually weighing more than I did went I went full paleo in 2010 ... and I am taking into account muscle weight. Not to mention that other than a little upper body workouts, I haven't had a full workout in close to three weeks now .... broke a toe, dislocated another and still can't wear anything other than flip flops (which are wrecking my legs and back).
        I'm drinking my Living Clay (which I LOVE ) - doing my greens blast in the morning and sticking with meats and a few veggies (like zucchini) or a mixed green salad (no dressing) and I am hungry all the time now. I don't what is going on, other than being totally disgusted with myself.
        Spring of 2014 will make it 4 years since going paleo, and although I have had a few minor slip ups, they have been minor ... and yet I seem to be getting nowhere with eliminating the rest of the body fat.

Comment

• FINALLY .... things are starting to move ....
          more drastic than what I should be doing, but still paleo, so it's all good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orannhawk View Post
            FINALLY .... things are starting to move ....
            more drastic than what I should be doing, but still paleo, so it's all good.
            Frustration is almost over?
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Damn .... my last posts have evaporated.

Ran a low grade temp yesterday, still dealing with a lot of sneezing and congestion, but I'm thinking it may be the cedar and not the onset of the flu. Either way, I am still not feeling super good and my morning workout went to hell.
              Mixed up a yummy breakfast of kale, arugula, a little leftover avocado from last night's salad, some strawberries .... smmooooth and yummy. Now to get rid of the headache and congestion !

Comment

• Sorry to hear you've been sick...............

I've discovered soy is my enemy! as is tomato! Right now I'm testing the theory that eggs are not my friend. I'm doing the Virgin Diet. See my journal for details.

I do hope you're feeling better.
                Last edited by tomi; 01-08-2014, 12:52 PM.
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion
                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                  Sorry to hear you've been sick...............

I've discovered soy is my enemy! as is tomato! Right now I'm testing the theory that eggs are not my friend. I'm doing the Virgin Diet. See my journal for details.

I do hope you're feeling better.
                  I think it's allergies or cedar kicking in ... I avoid soy and tomatoes are in my allergen foods. I haven't had any eggs in months now and I actually feel better. I'm heading over to see your journal now !

Comment

• Abbreviated workout today until this "crud" is lessened and I can breathe again.
                    Squats, pushups and bitchin (yeah, that was a part of the workout too !)

Blasted for breakfast and lunch, kale with hemp hearts, a little frozen blueberry, water, lunch one had some spinach added
                    Couple of slices of leftover jerky for some protein

Comment

• Dragging today and really missing caffeine.
                      Made the decision to order some Great Lakes gelatin to supplement with ... I don't have any deer bones, no access currently to beef or chicken bones via grass fed/no antibiotic, etc. - so it seems like the logical thing to do until that time arrives for better availability.
                      Debating now over dinner and not wanting to cook .... geesh, I need an in-house paleo chef.

Comment

• So, I skipped the cooking and did a roll-up of romaine, spinach and avocado slices with a little sliced roast beast. Fast and easy and drinking some gelatin now.

Comment

• Cedar fever is kicking azz here ...
                          Got my Great Lakes gelatin in and picked up some yummy Meyers lemons, going to make some gelatin squares with lemon and the peel. Drinking the stuff twice a day now and hopefully soon I can get ahold of some good bones to make some bone broth.
                          I have to say though, I am feeling some differences with the addition of the gelatin and that is awesome. I'm still drinking my shot of Living Clay every day too.
                          I've actually thought of making some gelatin squares and mixing in some clay with it .... I know, weird as hell, but I really like the taste of the stuff. Yummy living dirt makes me happy.

Slowly seeing some changes in my thighs, although I really want to speed that process up FAST.
                          I want to create a space in my back yard where I can put in some kind of surface where I can work out .... the yard is not level in any way, shape or form and I know I would end up twisting something out of place. In my dream world where money is no object I would put in a large space with the nice resilient stuff like they use on the track .... firm, but with that feeling of bounce without bounce. Lottery numbers anyone ?

Comment

• Wow ... scammers are running heavy on here today ...

Comment

• Hey how's it going?

Still doing Virgin Diet........... but haven't left out eggs yet. I'm doing a Virgin Diet/Specific Carbohydrate Diet ........... suspecting a Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth could be my problem. All the puzzle pieces seem to fit together - so I'm going for it 100%.
                              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion
                              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                                Hey how's it going?

Still doing Virgin Diet........... but haven't left out eggs yet. I'm doing a Virgin Diet/Specific Carbohydrate Diet ........... suspecting a Small Intestine Bacterial Overgrowth could be my problem. All the puzzle pieces seem to fit together - so I'm going for it 100%.
                                Evidently the cedar fever is trying to manipulate itself into something more ... ran a low grade temp yesterday, broke it and the way I am feeling now, it's back. Adding some extra grapefruit seed extract caps to the mix (natural antibiotic thing).
                                I'm adding in more gelatin daily and I think it is definitely helping.
                                Looking at having to buy another Nutribullet now, I guess I have just about worn this one out !
                                Did have a yummy one this morning though ... kale, a few frozen strawberries, a little carrot, chia seeds and gelatin. Going to make a veggie gelatin thing this afternoon with some leftover cabbage, green onions, meyer lemons, a few olives, shredded carrot ... should be interesting !
                                I've been eating the Living Clay now for the past two months and my gut issues are next to nothing now ... things are closer to normal for me now in that subject line of TMI ! Actually I would say that it's closer to normal than it's ever been and I love the taste of the stuff.
                                My Mom laughs at me when she calls in the morning now, wants to know if I drank my morning dirt ! LOL ... it's the first thing I do now when I get up.
                                I have noticed a difference in my thighs, where the excess was so dense before, it is looser and breaking up and I have been wearing pants (comfortably !) that were so tight last year that my circulation was compromised ... lol.

I looked at the SCD a lot, considered it for a while, but I didn't take it on. I haven't had any eggs now in about 5-6 months and although I do miss them, I think I am feeling better without them.

Comment

Working...
                                X