No announcement yet.

Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so ends day 1 of my whole 30 ... and it went really well, although I did have a slow start.
    First meal - scrambled eggs with onions and some ground venison, that I put into romaine leaves and topped with thinly sliced radishes and avacado. It was so filling that I didn't want to eat until early evening.
    I had a small roast beast that I did a dry rub on last night, let it sit in the frig overnight to get happy .... actually used the same spice mixture from the Crispy Carnita recipe that Mark featured, with the exception of the cinnamon stick (ran out of them, so I added in a heaping tsp. of Saigon Cinnamon to the spice blend). I like roast, but I like the way my Mom and my Grandmother always made them and I've never quite gotten one to taste the same, so today's carnita variation was an experiment ... that WORKED !
    I added the bay leaf and the water and cooked it just like the Carnitas .... the meat was moist, tender enough it melted in your mouth and the seasoning with the added cinnamon was amazing !
    I did a quick side of lightly sauteed greens to go with it, along with thin slices of onion. It was soooooo good !
    And ... I had someone contact me about one of my art pieces that I have on FB and she bought it ! Wooooohooooo !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Comment

• Good food and an art sale? It sounds like your Whole 30 is off to a great start. I hope it continues!

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
        Good food and an art sale? It sounds like your Whole 30 is off to a great start. I hope it continues!
        YEP ! Grinning .... yeah, I need it to continue in a big way ! Actually got an order a few minutes ago for a printing order too !

Comment

• LOVE the small bag with the hawk on it.
          Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
            LOVE the small bag with the hawk on it.
            Smiling ... thank you !

Comment

• Day 2 of 30
              Meals went well, although they were not very imaginative
              Scrambled eggs with onions, radishes, gr. meat and avocado
              Leftover roast beast with onions and the rest of the avocado
              BAS with grilled chicken

Feeling pretty good, up later than I should be, but I finished another small order tonight, so it will be nice to get it out of the way and pick up some $ !!!

Comment

• Day 3 of 30
                2 Eggs, grilled onion, coffee (plain)
                Slice of lean brisket, handful of black olives
                Romaine and onions

Comment

• Ahhhhhh ... Day 4 of 30 ....
                  two cups of yummy plain coffee, although I had planned on a little coconut milk and forgot about it. Actually feeling pretty good today, did some pushups and squats, hit the shower and heading for the studio. Working on some jewelry pieces today

Lunch - small romaine salad with a little ground meat
                  Dinner - medium romaine with 2 slices of lean brisket, grilled onions

Finished up a triple wrap bracelet with picture jasper ... looks really nice. Went through a lot of my beads and stones for things to work on tomorrow ....
                  Last edited by Orannhawk; 01-27-2013, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• See you sold that bracelet already! Best get another one made because, dang, it was beautiful.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                      See you sold that bracelet already! Best get another one made because, dang, it was beautiful.
                      Thank you !!!
                      Grins ... I've got beads and stones all over the main table in the studio, sitting in their own little trays while I work out designs ...

Comment

• Day 5 of 30
                        Slept sooooo good last night, and I am noticing that my joints and muscles are not as sore .... and no advil either ! I went to sleep last night before posting the rest of my meals, so here we go ...
                        Small grapefruit with a little sea salt - omg this was so good !!!!
                        SBAS (as in smaller BAS !) of romaine, ground meat, onions, olives, radishes

Anxious to get into the studio, have to finish up this cup of coffee and make a quick run over to the tax office to file my agriculture exemption.
                        Breakfast this morning, scrambled eggs with meat and onions, cucumber slices and coffee .... yummminess
                        Lunch today was a lovely salad of greens, cucumber and thin slices of radish and little chunks of grapefruit. Amazing ...
                        Dinner tonight, BAS with ground venison, onions, avocado and a nice cup of tea.
                        Last edited by Orannhawk; 01-29-2013, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Day 6 ...
                          Woke up early this morning when I heard someone say my name ... got up and went to the front door thinking someone was here, no one here, and just me and the dog. Hhhhmmmmnnnnnnn, thinking it was my Elder hollering at me. She has a way of letting me know I need to get on the phone to her !

B- scrambled eggs with turkey sausage (mehhh to the sausage) onions and raw spinach
                          L - medium BAS with leftover ground, lots of fresh lime juice
                          D - large BAS with meat, cucumbers, and maybe a little grapefruit

I really need to get to the store and get some other veggies ....

Comment

• Day 7 of 30
                            Got in a fair workout, made a lot of progress on things in the studio and even got the coffee maker ready to go for tomorrow morning. Energy levels are pretty sweet.

B- eggs, turkey sausage, onions and coffee
                            L- leftover ground, onions, small cabbage "slaw" (minus all the crap !)
                            D - last of the turkey sausage, cucumbers with lime, and more slaw

Comment

• Days 8 and 9 of 30
                              Oops, stayed in the studio too long last night and didn't record anything !
                              Day 8
                              B- egg, onion and spinach omelet
                              L - chicken, BAS
                              D- burger patty, grilled onions, cucumber salad w radishes, celery

Day 9
                              B- eggs, ground, and onions, coffee
                              L- BAS with chicken
                              D - romaine "tacos" - ground with shredded red cabbage, onions and lots of lime

Comment

• Just want you to know that I'm still here spying on you!

Comment

Working...
                                X