Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
    So, what is the latest with the boyfriend? You've been posting more.......
    Grins ... everything is going pretty good
    He's working this weekend, so it's been quiet here .... smiling, although I've had some sweet emails ! Heeeheee

Well, change that, fairly quiet, coz I've been pretty verbal today with the damn leg cramps again. Out of my liquid minerals and the tabs of calcium, potassium and magnesium are just not doing it. Keeping my fingers crossed that the clinic is open tomorrow so I can grab a few more bottles.

Ended up not having the salad, mainly because I felt so yucky ... did boil the eggs for the next day or so, and traded the pork chop for a couple of pan grilled gf burger patties with some grilled onions.
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Comment

• Finally back ....
      My computer started acting all wonky some days back and I realized (from past experience .... sigh...) that it was starting to crash. I went through all of my anti-virus and malware runs and other than pop-ups, there was nothing showing up ... then it progressed to web pages not coming up, everything turning off and the whole system not rebooting after boot scans ... ended up having to get another computer. This new one is either # 5 or # 6 since 2003.

I've still got to re-install programs and get used to the changes in the new system, but it is faster that the other one and that one was pretty awesome when it was running.

Getting used to not having the fruit now, although the first few days were a real bitch ... no, wait, I was a real bitch ! LOL
      Really tracking the carbs now and staying on top of that and it is making a difference already. I've also started back with my Braggs shot tonic (organic apple cider vinegar w/the mother) 3 times a day .... lovely potassium there. Had a really bad cramp catch me in the back ribs the other day, grabbed the ACV and slugged back about a tablespoon or more ... and the cramp was gone in seconds.

Meals today:
      B: 3 boiled eggs, 4 TBSP hemp seed, big handful of organic greens, celery
      ACV (apple cider viengar)
      L: bacon, avocado and more greens
      ACV
      D: plans - grass-fed beef, onions, asparagus with lemon
      ACV

Comment

• Thinking I was going to catch up on threads tonight .... ah, lovely spam with pages filled with listings of what to watch ... just fracking craptastic. Azzholes.

hhhhmmmmnnnn .... the dramatic reduction in carbs is evidently making me lean into bitch mode. Well, that and a few other pissy little things.... geesh, lets just say SINGLE. Damnit

Dinner meal changed to bacon and a 3 egg omelet with onions and spinach.
        Last edited by Orannhawk; 07-25-2012, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Meals today :
          B:Salad of organic mixed greens, onions, radish, hemp, evoo
          L:Grass fed ground with onions
          D: More meat, asparagus maybe

Comment

• Originally posted by Orannhawk View Post
            Meals today :
            B:Salad of organic mixed greens, onions, radish, hemp, evoo
            L:Grass fed ground with onions
            D: More meat, asparagus maybe
            Short, sweet and to the point. Now tell me what I should have for dinner!!
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
              Short, sweet and to the point. Now tell me what I should have for dinner!!
              BIG steak with grilled onions and some bacon for dessert ?

Comment

• And today ...
                B: grass fed ground with whole mess of onions, big handful of arugula (and wishing for fresh mustard greens), hemp seeds, eevo and avocado
                L: IF until dinner time today. Took my Mom shopping today and there was literally no where that I could get anything edible, Paleo/Primal and not end up dealing with cross/contam with gluten
                D: 2 grass fed steak patty things, onions, cucumber, celery and the rest of the breakfast avocado
                And of course my ACV !

Watched a little vid this morning while I had breakfast regarding less than optimal workouts ... and lo and behold, the first one is just had to be my fracking favorite one in the gym (well the old gym) ... leg press. This trainer went on to explain the muscle build in the quads and the fact that it's not working all of the thigh and in fact tends to make the hamstrings weaker - esp. if you haven't been doing anything specific for the hammies .... and there's the fact that it's not functional movement ...
                Sunnybeaches ... NOW I understand why there are still some workouts that I tend to cuss my way through .... WTH.... why didn't I think about the hamstrings ?
                I've had this amazing strength on the leg press and most often plating beyond a lot of the guys in there, yet switching over to the functional stuff (including body weight things) and I am struggling with the lower body stuff. WOW ... what the hell was I thinking ???

Comment

• Serious heat again here today ... enhances the mold and allergy crap all so well.

Meals today
                  B: radishes
                  L: grass-fed ground with onions and celery
                  D: same as lunch with a small yellow squash added in
                  ACV 3 x a day

Foot is really, really hurting again. Switched back to my zero heel shoes (as close to barefoot as I can go due to an injury to the same damn foot in 2003) yesterday and for most of the day, the pain level was much less than it was wearing either of the other running shoes. Today, it's bad, bad, bad.

Comment

• Absolutely craving my hemp seeds and won't have any more until next week ... not making me happy, happy, happy with that.

I don't know what to think about my foot, today it feels perfectly fine and yesterday and last night I was in tears with every step. Go figure.
                    B: ground meat, onions
                    L: ground meat, onions, cucumber
                    D: either more of the same or possibly a pork chop, with onions

Comment

• Decent workout this morning and a good visit with the chiro, although there was more to put back in place today .... sigh ... I HAVE to go and get new shoes, these damn things are throwing me off balance so bad.
                      Meals today
                      B: ground meat, onions and cucumbers
                      L: BAS, chicken
                      D" stir fry thing of pork, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, radish, a little carrot

Finished a few new leather (deer hide) pieces today in the studio and worked on some drawings ... had DVD's of Angel running in the background, so it was a pretty good day. My little Boston had all of her tennis balls in there like a hoarder, sleeping on the floor next to them.
                      Off to dream now ....

Comment

• Dragging behind on posting .... meals are going well, workouts pretty good, although still dealing with some issues with my foot.
                        Big omelet for breakfast, small snack of grass fed ground, dinner out tonight (an actual date .... no, not the same guy as before, that one is gone with the wind in his hair ....sigh ) ... anyway, nice guy, polite and a gentleman, great meal ... New York strip, grilled asparagus and tea.
                        Got a lot of work done this week and still trying to get this new computer to work right .... irritating as hell that it's not doing things the way it should be.
                        Off to check things on FB and then to sleep !

Comment

• Bacon, bacon and bacon for breakfast .... yummmmmmmmmmmmm
                          Finished off the little bit of steak and asparagus from last night for lunch ... have to cook this afternoon, do some meaty things for the week. Have a beautiful head of cauliflower that keeps calling out to me, so likely something will happen with that tonight !

Comment

• Good workout this morning ... finished up the last of the meat last night. Hunting season can't get here soon enough.

Comment

• Hey, sexy woman! How did your date go the other night??

Comment

• Have a wonderful birthday, Linda!

Comment

Working...
                                X