No announcement yet.

Feathers and Bones - Orannhawk's Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange day today ... the front is slow moving, and I think the barometric pressure is getting to me. My cell phone has been wonky all day, not sure what is up with that unless one of the towers is screwed up.

Started the day with some convict squats, then had my egg white shake. Headed to the grocery store and filled up the cart. Planned out some meals for the week, pulling recipes from both Primal cookbooks, Everyday Paleo and Paleo Solution. Made up some basic burger patties, cooked them in the leftover bacon grease after I fried bacon and sauteed mushrooms for the bacon/shroom dip. Had a small patty with the dip spread on it ... OMG, that stuff is amazing, but it is rich so a little bit goes a long way.
    I have to say though that my mayo-making skills need a LOT of help !

I'm still not on course with my meals yet ... one very small patty with bacon dip and 3 baby carrots over an hour ago and I am still full. Not sure what I may do about dinner, if I am hungry I still have a chicken boob in the frig, and burger patties, but right now the thought of another meal is just not where I want to go. It was this way the last surgery too ...
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orannhawk View Post
      I love capes too !
      Look into your ancestral traditions, you may find something there that you would love to wear !
      I did a medieval / gypsy thing one year ... I wanted it to look like the loose skirt, with the gathered peasant style top ... came out pretty cool, actually used an old flat sheet to make the skirt, then dyed it.
      I love the gypsy look! I am currently wearing a Rennaissance bodice. Because they're letting us dress up for Halloween. I'm still trying to figure out 1- how to work bodices/coursets into daily wear and 2- what shape won't kill me since I sit all day. This one not laced as tightly as it should be is doing ok so far . . . The cape is, of course, part of the wench costume

Good luck with the healing. I wouldn't be surprised if your body is not too keen on food because it has better things to do with clearing the anethesia and doesn't want to be bothered to digest at the moment. I'm sure your appetite will pick up once you're feeling better to get the nutrients you'll need for the actual healing.

When I had my knee surgery, the nurses laughed at me because they'd never seen someone coming out of anesthsia with a smile. Well they hadn't seen the cool things the ceiling was doing before they knocked me the whole way out . . . But now that I think about it, I was pretty worthless for the next week. I'd just chalked that up to the painkillers and the fact that Mom was staying over to take care of me so I didn't have to be functional.
      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
        I love the gypsy look! I am currently wearing a Rennaissance bodice. Because they're letting us dress up for Halloween. I'm still trying to figure out 1- how to work bodices/coursets into daily wear and 2- what shape won't kill me since I sit all day. This one not laced as tightly as it should be is doing ok so far . . . The cape is, of course, part of the wench costume

Good luck with the healing. I wouldn't be surprised if your body is not too keen on food because it has better things to do with clearing the anethesia and doesn't want to be bothered to digest at the moment. I'm sure your appetite will pick up once you're feeling better to get the nutrients you'll need for the actual healing.

When I had my knee surgery, the nurses laughed at me because they'd never seen someone coming out of anesthsia with a smile. Well they hadn't seen the cool things the ceiling was doing before they knocked me the whole way out . . . But now that I think about it, I was pretty worthless for the next week. I'd just chalked that up to the painkillers and the fact that Mom was staying over to take care of me so I didn't have to be functional.
        Corsets for daily wear .... hmmmm... giggling, I'd be ripping that off within thirty minutes. I had a bf once who tried to talk me into wearing one for a party we were invited to. I told him if he could create a matching shoulder holster covered in black lace then it was a 'go' .... for some odd reason he didn't see the humor in that (we didn't date very long ! LOL ) .... Not a primal man for sure !!!

I bet the nurses were a little taken back with you waking up smiling ... yeah, ceilings do tend to have some interesting effects !
        The anesthesia takes maybe all of six to seven seconds on me and I am totally out. They gave me Vicodin after I had the gall bladder taken out, lowest dose they had. I still cut it in half, and slept for 6-7 hours. I just can't do that stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Orannhawk View Post
          Corsets for daily wear .... hmmmm... giggling, I'd be ripping that off within thirty minutes. I had a bf once who tried to talk me into wearing one for a party we were invited to. I told him if he could create a matching shoulder holster covered in black lace then it was a 'go' .... for some odd reason he didn't see the humor in that (we didn't date very long ! LOL ) .... Not a primal man for sure !!!

I bet the nurses were a little taken back with you waking up smiling ... yeah, ceilings do tend to have some interesting effects !
          The anesthesia takes maybe all of six to seven seconds on me and I am totally out. They gave me Vicodin after I had the gall bladder taken out, lowest dose they had. I still cut it in half, and slept for 6-7 hours. I just can't do that stuff.
          I knew there was a reason I liked you. What was wrong with him? Lady-like and badass all in one beautiful package? He couldn't handle it? (My favorite part of Tomb Raider II was her riding side-saddle and shooting targets. I mean, how hot is that?)

They gave me something first so they could put a nerve-block on my leg. Apparently it needed to be numb from the time I woke up until the painkillers kicked in. I think that was what made the ceiling do fun things.

I have yet to try Vicoden. However, I will tell you that Codine and The Corpse Bride is a great combo!

Oh yeah- did you know that during the time of the Pilgrims coursets (stays, technically) were actually used like weight belts? There was the day-to-day one and the "good" one. The good one was tighter/stronger and was worn for dressing up and for really heavy labor. Who knew they had a practical use?
          Last edited by drssgchic; 10-28-2011, 09:42 AM. Reason: Oh yeah!
          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

I knew there was a reason I liked you. What was wrong with him? Lady-like and badass all in one beautiful package? He couldn't handle it? (My favorite part of Tomb Raider II was her riding side-saddle and shooting targets. I mean, how hot is that?)

They gave me something first so they could put a nerve-block on my leg. Apparently it needed to be numb from the time I woke up until the painkillers kicked in. I think that was what made the ceiling do fun things.

I have yet to try Vicoden. However, I will tell you that Codine and The Corpse Bride is a great combo!

Oh yeah- did you know that during the time of the Pilgrims coursets (stays, technically) were actually used like weight belts? There was the day-to-day one and the "good" one. The good one was tighter/stronger and was worn for dressing up and for really heavy labor. Who knew they had a practical use?
            LOL .... I was thinking the same thing too ! Prim and proper never was in my vocabulary .... heeheee. I mean really ... black lace on a shoulder holster works pretty damn well in my opinion ! Or a nice blade tucked into a garter !
            Love that part in Tomb Raider. Giggling, codeine and the Corpse Bride ....

Never thought about the corsets being weight belts ! Granted the majority of my Ancestors are all Native, so the norm there was a good sized blade tucked into a 'belt' at the waist.

Comment

• Note to self .... NO more super glue.

Comment

• Is there a story here??
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                  Is there a story here??
                  Laughing .... yeah, the artist glued her damn fingers together while working on the Halloween costume for my son's god-daughter. "Jewels" on a sparkly headband, and naturally one drops on the desk and unlike the slower adhesion on the sequined headband, that little sucker did the insta-stick on the desk. I use different types of glue and adhesive things in my studio and don't have any issues with them .... but super glue is evidently my kryptonite.
                  I did manage to not peel off any skin, and finally got the last of it off .... with a buffer type sandpaper.

The headband though .... is shiny !

Comment

• Workout this morning was good ... did a few squats on the hack to warm up, then went into Zercher squats, low reps at 50, 60, 70, 80 and 90 lbs.
                    From there went to the close grip pull down, doing alternating reps there and on the seated triceps push down ... close grips at 12 / 60 lbs., 10 / 70 lbs, and 8 at 80 and 90 lbs. - triceps push at 12 at 90 lbs, 10 / 110, 12 /130, 15/130. Finished the workout with the ropes, deep squat stance, 3 sets at 25 seconds with 15 second rest in between the sets.

Did a few short sprints this afternoon, it was so nice and cool outside finally . Feeling a little sore tonight, but not bad.

Meals :
                    egg white shake
                    burger patty with 2 spoonfuls of the bacon/shroom dip (OMG that stuff is addictive !) 2 boiled eggs, arugula.
                    leftover chicken breast, lightly grilled onions in coconut oil over romaine and arugula, half an apple
                    2 burger patties, avocado, cucumber. Had planned to cook a zucchini, but the cucumber was faster.
                    egg whites w stevia

Comment

• Stayed up WAY too late last night talking with an Elder on the phone and as a result, overslept this morning.
                      Realized that I neglected to post meals yesterday ... so here goes ...
                      egg white shake
                      2 boiled eggs, arugula, bacon
                      leftover chicken w cucumber salad w onion, carrot, radishes
                      last of the bacon, zucchini

and today ...
                      boiled eggs and bacon
                      egg white shakes
                      pork chop w roasted baby cabbages (yeah, brussels sprouts LOL)
                      another chop and a salad of romaine, arugula, radishes, cucumber

Comment

• Good workout this morning .... calf raises on the hack, giant sets. I have no idea what the hack actually weighs, but I added on an additional twenty. My calves were screaming when I finished. OMG
                        Cable pulls after that, went fine with that and added more weight. Bats, basic swings went well until I moved up to the ten pounders. I noticed that I had to re-position my grip to keep control and my left swing is still wobbly. Moving back to the five's until I can get the left arm back in sync. Finished up with a swing variation, and I could really feel the muscle in my back and stomach with this.
                        Going to talk to a friend today and get a chin up bar made so I can cement that thing down in my back yard. I've got to look up the specs on them and then figure out where I want to put it, then get out my post hole digger. Have to figure out how high it needs to be, as well as add on a good foot at least to cement in .... as well as scavenge out some decent pipe !

Drinking some egg whites, going to add in some boiled eggs and bacon in a minute. BAS for lunch with chicken. Absolutely no clue about dinner, have to go dig around in the freezer and see what is left, so some meat thing along with either steamed zucchini or a cabbage slaw (plain) and an egg white shake.

Comment

• I want a bodice dagger so badly. Pretty, shininess in your clevage, hiding the pretty sharpness tucked behind the cloth . . . But they're not exactly practical in today's world, you know? Now the hunting knife I also want . . .

That's awesome that you have more little kids to dress up. Half the time I think that's the only reason to have them. My parents always swore the reason to have kids was so they would have an excuse to do fun, kid-stuff again

Comment

I want a bodice dagger so badly. Pretty, shininess in your clevage, hiding the pretty sharpness tucked behind the cloth . . . But they're not exactly practical in today's world, you know? Now the hunting knife I also want . . .

That's awesome that you have more little kids to dress up. Half the time I think that's the only reason to have them. My parents always swore the reason to have kids was so they would have an excuse to do fun, kid-stuff again
                            Grinning ... I'll admit I have carried a blade in my bra more than once, but they were folding blades.
                            It's really fun that my son has the god-daughters - they are so much fun. I have their treats ready for them, fancy bags with apples, oranges, new crayolas and drawing paper.
                            LOL, I still do kid-stuff even when they aren't here !

Comment

• Catching up with things now ...
                              Meals on punkin day ... egg white shakes (2), BAS with chicken, apple and strawberry with coconut manna
                              I was so fracking tired when we got in I was not cooking.

Yesterdays meals:
                              egg white shake w egg white protein powder
                              chicken breast, small apple, cucumber, onions, romaine, radishes
                              ground meat mixed with one zucchini, one yellow squash, okra and onions ... enough here for multiple meals
                              handful of fresh strawberries

Think I am getting a cold ... WTF is up with that !?
                              Congestion, headache, overall yuck ... damn

Had to make a Vet trip this morning, so I did convict squats and counter push ups when I got in.
                              Egg white shake w/egg white protein
                              leftover ground meat/veggie mix stuff
                              My son is roasting a chicken for dinner, so I'll throw in some baby cabbages as a side, maybe some avocado before they go to crap
                              Egg white shake
                              Last edited by Orannhawk; 11-02-2011, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Nooo! No getting sick. I've noticed that there is something going around over here, too.
                                Here are some cold prevention tips from a dirty-hippie Oregonian (hey, we live with that damp chill 7 months out of the year, I know my stuff):
                                1. Neti Pot (use it often when feeling congested)
                                2. Ginger tea: take a large chunk of raw ginger(1-1.5 inches?), chop coarsely, boil in 1 a quart of water with honey to taste, for half an hour or so. It should smell (and taste) very strong. Add whiskey if desired.
                                3. Hot Toddy: in a mug put 1 shot whiskey with 1 tsp. honey and the juice of 1 lemon, cover with boiling water.
                                4. Whiskey induced sleep.
                                5. get someone to make you chicken soup, once you're sick it's too much work to make a batch yourself.

Hope you manage to avoid the ick. Or that it passes soon...
                                (field) journal
                                primal start-weight (3/11): 154
                                current weight (8/25/2012): 141

Comment

Working...
                                X