No announcement yet.

Nobody knows what i'd be without you...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will. One step at a time as they say. The other thing that i've been wondering about, the last week my cigarette cravings have been horrendous. I mean, their easy enough to get over. find something to do to keep my mind and (or at least) my hands busy, and i'm ok, i can get past it. it's the fact that they've come back so strongly. To my credit, i smoked good cigarettes. Natural American Spirits. God i miss them. not so much the smell or taste, or the hacking and coughing, just the action of it, and how smooth they were.
    A rose by any other name.

Comment

Ugg. So I didn't have any time to properly prepare food last night, so I brought some frozen chicken fajita meat and my home made pizza sauce, and ate that at the park. I only got to eat about 4 peices before getting busy, and didn't have time to eat after that. I was starving to the point where I reallly wasn't safe to drive myself to work, and had no other option. I got to the mall, I was hungry as hell, and justin gave me $5 to eat off of. I needed meat, not just a small bowl of veggies. I couldn't get a steak for under 9 dollars, and a burger, sans bun and fries cost the same as with bun and fries. The difference...the bun and fries made the McDonalds sized patty more filling. I already regret it. The food that once was my delicious scape goat when I had nothing else is about to make me sick. Damn mall restaurants for not having better selection of cheap meat products.

Comment

Ok, so you guys tell me what i can do with this.

I don't know what the hell i'm going to do for the next couple days. I can't afford to get food until wednesday, and as you can see, there is nothing here. In the freezer, the hamburger is getting used sunday for my moms sauce, and there's hotdogs. Unless you guys can tell me what option i have that i'm not seeing, i may have to give this up for now. not give up, just put it on hold until i can get grocries. Tell me what i need to do, because i'm lost here.

Comment

I'm so mad about this set back. My chest hurts, my stomach isn't happy, and I'm tired as hell. I hate that i don't have enough money to replenish my supplies as they get used, and that I have to wait until wednesday to buy grocries. I only have to do this for a day, though, at least for now. My mom is making pasta tomorrow, which means meatballs. I'll just eat meatballs until they run out or i can buy grocries. I still have a small head of broccoli i can eat, and i think 1 carrot. I'll figure out something. For now i'm going to stick with the gluten free items we had in the cubbord. it's the best i can do for now.

Comment

Do what you need to do, sweetie. Tomorrow is another day. Cutting gluten is a great first step. You will see immediate benefits. When you are able to go shopping, chicken thighs are cheap, ground beef, calves liver, eggs. Make a meat loaf or a roast chicken or a frittata, those will last you a few days with a side of roast vegetables such as broccoli or cauliflower. You don't need to eat steak, esp if it's not in your budget. The produce that is on sale is what's in season, look for that. Right now I'm eating lots of asparagus.

Comment

I'm going to do my best with it. I'll get what i can and i think my mom will help me with the rest. I think I just chose the wrong time to start this. I should have waited until we went for grocries like i had planned to, but i didn't think she'd be able to go for a long time, and i thought we had enough to last.

Comment

Here's a guide to making changes step by step. Maybe it's too much to try to do everything at once:

Archevore - Archevore Diet

Comment

Interesting. See, thats basically what i was doing. I had cut out everything but the potatoes at first, but i did after two days, and I had cut out all sugar except the occasional ice cream. then again, it's hot, and i like ice cream when its hot. i suppose that was the one thing i wasn't quite ready to give up. and having had to go back to eating my peanut butter sandwiches for the day because i had no meat to cook, i have confirmed what i already knew, that i didn't miss eating my breads as much as i thought i would. yeah i love my peanut butter, but i'm ok with adding some melted peanut butter to ice cream once a month and getting it that way. hell, i had toyed with the idea of making my own vanilla ice cream from whole milk, organic vanilla and stevia.

but yeah, just eating one peanut butter sandwich on wheat bread, i had an acid belch, which i haven't had in two weeks. I forgot how nasty those were. and I don't feel good about having to eat it. but, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Comment

So can't wait to get grocries wednesday. The only meat i've had available to me the last couple days has been nothing. Today, i have 3 leftover meatballs from last night's dinner. I have this odd pain in my stomach. it's where the rib cage ends, right in the middle. it feels like a bruise or how i imagine a lump of some kind would feel. I don't feel anything, though, and I don't see any bruises. It's more of a discomfort than a pain, but it's there none the less.

Comment

Alrighty, well, I've been back on the wagon for about a week now, and I've already re-lost the weight i'd lost then gained back. I already feel better, more awake, and my stomach feels great. Soo happy to be back on the wagon. I've eaten more chicken than steak, but that's because I can't really afford to buy a lot of it. What I did get, though, was amazing. Wal-mart has pre-cut steak, cut in strips for stir frying. Its not a great cut of meat, but it has a lot of marblized fat in it, and it tastes great with the right seasoning. I'm also teaching myself to eat my steak not so well done. I've always gotten it "shoe leather" well done. Anyway, feeling great, and happy. I'll write again later!

Comment

Alright. Well. I've got a bit of an issue, nothing i can't work through, though. I am soo tired of chicken. I never really liked it to begin with. Seriously not liking it any better having eaten it pretty much every day the last week and a half. Yay for being broke. At least i have food, though. My baby bought me dinner last night, and let me get a 16oz steak, so i have steak for lunch and dinner today! =^_^= my baby treates me so well. i got up late this morning and didn't have time to make breakfast, so i grabbed a banana, and when i stopped to get gas, picked up two bags of cashews. I haven't eaten cashews since i was a little kid. I never liked them. I thought they tasted nasty. Now, they taste sweet to me. pretty good stuff. I get paid tomorrow, so i'm going to make time to stop at the local fruit stand and see what i can get there in means of fresh fruit/veggies and see if they can reccomend a good butcher. Even if i have to buy the meat and cut it into steaks myself, i don't care. so long as it's good meat and it's inexpensive enough. Are there any primal's in the southern indiana area who can reccomend a good butcher? or at least a good place to get decent meat? Anybody have any opinions on Rainbow Blossom? (natrual food store) And what is your all's opinion on the Fuze juice drinks?

Comment

It seems to me that you're doing well and it will only get easier with time. My wife and I both agree that nuts are a god-send. A handful of various seeds and nuts will stave off hunger for a while.

We even smuggled our water bottles and some baggies of mixed nuts into the movie theatre last night and didn't even give a second thought to popcorn.
                          There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

READ THE BOOK. it's not all about food, you need to execrcise too. All I have seen is a post on day 2 about a short bike ride. That's not going to cut it and you should know that. Don't go hog wild on the nuts, they are big on calories and almost all of them are high in Omega 6 fatty acids. Don't eat more than a SMALL handfull in a day. Drop the idea that fruit drinks are a good idea. Nothing but sugar, you don't need it. You appear addicted to sugar. Withdrawl sucks but you need to do it. Especially fructose. now, get out there and lift some heavy things, sprint once a week and move often at a moderate pace.

Comment

Working...
                            X