Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captains Log:
    Stardate: 05050.0906

Yesterdays Tsunami has receeded and much like the litany against fear, I have remained. Eating Intuitivly led me to a dinner of scallops oysters and crab meat in a goat cheese sauce with Habenero peppers. Finished the eighth episode of game of thrones. They have somehow made Khal Drogo way more badass and adrmirable in the show than in the book for me. I admire this one

New Bone stock is simmering in the crock. I will add water to it today and let to go until saturday i think. My beef somehow had 4 hearts and 5 tongues LOL so i think I may go ahead and make some heart stew with this broth.

The weather is kind here i wish i could spend more time in it. This is a day a woudl prefer to work from home , or not work as the case may be.

Now if i could figure out why i am so tired. i do need 8.5 a night and i have been waking at 3 each night for a couple of weeks. not certain why yet

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Dune. Nice. I've recited something very similar in the same way a Catholic uses the rosary.
      Fear is nothing worth time. Fear is nothing worth me. Fear is when I am used up, spent, and broken. Fear is not. Love is. Fear is not. Truth is. Fear gets you nowhere and Doing gets you everything. Fear not, only be.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
        Dune. Nice. I've recited something very similar in the same way a Catholic uses the rosary.
        +1

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

So long as you master fear and do not let it master you, you're doing better than 90% of the population.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

I think that Harry Dresden taught me a huge lesson about how to deal with fear. Turn it into anger, use that anger to fuel positive change.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Originally posted by quelsen View Post
              I think that Harry Dresden taught me a huge lesson about how to deal with fear. Turn it into anger, use that anger to fuel positive change.
              I prefer how Roland Deschain deals with it: Acknowledge it, turn it into drive and outright persistence to do what needs be done. There was very little anger in Roland, only dogged determination.
              My Latest Journal

Comment

have not read that one. Thanks

I have trended to use my fear as a way to build a bigger wall from others. there are a lot of nasty people in the world, and from my n=1 not very many nice ones

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

I did that for a while, but those walls aren't worth the maintenance costs in my eyes. My fear tends to get set aside until I can rechannel it or use it.
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

I've chose who I want to deal with without everything getting ugly and then I have certain levels where I stack people based on their trustworthiness. Needless to say, most of my family, minus the spouse and kids stay towards the bottom.
                    Georgette

Comment

NK: the wall seems to cost me nothing. No pain ..... No Pain :-)

G: I dont have a stack. and I trust everyone.... The question i always ask is do i know them well enough to understand thier motivation. Because i trust everyone to act in thier own self interest at all times no matter the cost to others

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

G: I dont have a stack. and I trust everyone.... The question i always ask is do i know them well enough to understand thier motivation. Because i trust everyone to act in thier own self interest at all times no matter the cost to others
                        I'm not there. Don't know if or when I'll be there. I don't even trust my husband with certain things but that's the way it is.
                        Georgette

Comment

Geo- The way I see it, there are levels of friendship/ trust:
                          1) Husband- slot taken, implicit full trust
                          2) Old Guard- Those I trust with everything: my darkest secrets, my deepest desires, and the bodies I need to bury.
                          3) My Guys- I trust them enough to let them help me bury a body, but there are things I refuse to trust them with.
                          4) friend- they don't know much, and only know what I think is necessary to the friendship
                          5) acquaintance- small talk and "hey, how's the family." The darkest secret they know about me is that I have ex boyfriends and a strained relationship with my middle sister.
                          6) everyone else
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                            I'm not there. Don't know if or when I'll be there. I don't even trust my husband with certain things but that's the way it is.

I think you misunderstood.

I trust everyone. TO ACT SELFISHLY

The more i know a person the more i understnad how to protect myself from their selfishness.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

I think you misunderstood.

I trust everyone. TO ACT SELFISHLY

The more i know a person the more i understnad how to protect myself from their selfishness.
                              Sorry, today is a day of neverending blonde moment. I understand what you mean.
                              Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                                Geo- The way I see it, there are levels of friendship/ trust:
                                1) Husband- slot taken, implicit full trust
                                2) Old Guard- Those I trust with everything: my darkest secrets, my deepest desires, and the bodies I need to bury.
                                3) My Guys- I trust them enough to let them help me bury a body, but there are things I refuse to trust them with.
                                4) friend- they don't know much, and only know what I think is necessary to the friendship
                                5) acquaintance- small talk and "hey, how's the family." The darkest secret they know about me is that I have ex boyfriends and a strained relationship with my middle sister.
                                6) everyone else
                                Stumpy lost #1 spot 4 years ago. He's about 2 or 3 on the list.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X