No announcement yet.

Quelsen the African Honey Badger goes Primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's a rare breed. It's like someone took 3 of the comedians I like(d) and turned 'em into one man the size of all of them: George Carlin, Carlos Mencia, and Robin Williams. If he ever stops in West TX or Dallas, I'm going to one of his shows.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

He's definitely one I want to see live. He's definitely a good mix of the 3 you listed, Naiad.
      Georgette

Comment

He really does have an almost Robin Williamsesque talent for voices and noises.
        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
        My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          He really does have an almost Robin Williamsesque talent for voices and noises.
          He really does. I love his cop voice. Hell any of his voices are great.
          Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
            He really does. I love his cop voice. Hell any of his voices are great.
            I think my favorites are when he's quoting himself and the lady at the hotel where he checked in late.
            My Latest Journal

Comment

I think my favorites are when he's quoting himself and the lady at the hotel where he checked in late.
              And then the same lady ends up working for OnStar. Classic bit.
              Georgette

Comment

I had never seen this guy before! He's hilarious! "You know what time it is? It's tomorrow!"

Thanks for the recommendation, I just watched about 1/2 hour and nearly wet my pants.

Sorry to hijack your journal Quelsen, I was reading all your stuff too.

I'm curious what your diet was like when you were doing the HCG. I read Pounds and Inches by Dr Simeons and thought that his prescribed diet sounded amazingly restrictive. Is the Kevin Trudeau one similar?
                My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
                  I had never seen this guy before! He's hilarious! "You know what time it is? It's tomorrow!"

Thanks for the recommendation, I just watched about 1/2 hour and nearly wet my pants.

Sorry to hijack your journal Quelsen, I was reading all your stuff too.

I'm curious what your diet was like when you were doing the HCG. I read Pounds and Inches by Dr Simeons and thought that his prescribed diet sounded amazingly restrictive. Is the Kevin Trudeau one similar?
                  It is all relative. Pre HCG my diet for 3 years was this.

Sirloin, Collards, Mozzeralla cheese, Ezekiel bread. each day

one slice of Ezekiel bread with 1 oz of mozzerella
                  375 g of sirloin
                  2 cup collards
                  = 800 Kcals

I did that so that i could then go for a 800 Kcal walk each day and "force" my body to burn fat....

it didnt work but i am stubborn and i decided that if my body was going to hold on to weight at 0 total calories it coudl just fuck off. I hated my body so much that i would literally hit it, punch it, whip it. i cried most every day. Fasted for weeks at a time

HCG was a breeze.

500 kcals + my own stored fat? come on... that is ( given the fact that i burn about 1.15 pounds daily ) about 4500 Kcal

then for maintenance to HAVE to eat 4500 kcals or gain weight... the hardest part was figuring out where to get the money from. Eating drove me to bancruptcy... Seriously i went from 150$ a month for food to 800$ and had to file so that i coudl keep loosing weight. Trust me AMEX can go to hell.

No hitting, no brutal exercises no walking 5 miles a day for 0 losses... give me HCG any time.
                  Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                  Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                  Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

Thanks for the info, I have reached a point where I am just getting seriously jacked off. I've weighed the same (give or take 5kg) for over a year, low-cal, low-carb, low-fat, none of it works for more than a week! I still have about 20kg to lose so I'm not willing to just give up and accept it yet.
                    I found the Simeon book interesting because of his description of areas of fat that are not 'normal' and don't shift with normal dieting. I have a lean, chiselled face, you can clearly see my collarbones and ribs, I can wrap my thumb and pinkie around my wrist, yet I can't lose that extra 20kgs from those stubborn areas. If I do lose, I get gaunt in the face and chest, but nothing else moves! It's so freaking frustrating!!
                    I don't know that you can even get HCG injections over here, but it sounds like an interesting idea. Do you think the drops are completely useless? It's hard to find any debate that hasn't been written by the suppliers of the drops, with their obvious bias and foregone conclusions.
                    My Journal

Comment

i can send you my standard issue email if you are serious and i dont do injections i use RX grade and make sublingual drops. I dont like the homeopathics because they are engineered and some bodies knw the difference between left hand rna and right hand rna sequencing.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                        i can send you my standard issue email if you are serious and i dont do injections i use RX grade and make sublingual drops. I dont like the homeopathics because they are engineered and some bodies knw the difference between left hand rna and right hand rna sequencing.
                        I would definitely be interested, thanks! Do you want to use the MDA email or shall I PM you my personal email address?
                        My Journal

Comment

Pm me, it will come from gmail

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Captains Log:
                            Stardate: 05020.1004

I wish i were more verbose. It is a childhood failing. I understood Gandalf so well. When your peers have no idea why you are quoting the Bible or even worse Robert Heinlein at the age of 8 it tends to isolate you. By teen years no one in my age group understood me. I kept waiting for people to catch up, but i have to acknowlegde that it will never happen. Perhaps if i had been able to attend college during my "college years" then maybe i woudl have found a crowd to hang with. Alas it was not so.

So I live in books, it isnt a life i am actually proud of as it left me unable to connect with the people who were around. To be honest every endeavor i make to improve myself so that I meet my own expectations seems to push me farther and farther away from the norm.

I would like to figure out how to connect with persons i consider worth the effort as i apparantly cannot step to a place my mind considers down. Am i that rare an individual such that i can truly count the total number of aquantances i have had to say noting of people i consider true freinds? Or am i luckier than i know and simply need to appreciate it more?

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Captains Log Supplemental:

Quote I found ponderable:
                              Trying to control the emotional self willfully by manipulative attempts is like trying to choose a number on a thrown die or to push back the water of the Kamo River upstream. Certainly, they end up aggravating their agony and feeling unbearable pain because of their failure in manipulating the emotions.
                              —Shoma Morita, M.D.
                              Character is developed as one moves from being feeling-centered to being purpose-centered. A feeling-centered person attends to feelings to such an extent that the concern for self-protection reigns over decisions and perceptions. Given the human condition, change, pain, and pleasure are natural experiences. Indeed, emotions are a rich type of experience and a valuable source of information. Feelings are acknowledged even when what is to be done requires not acting on them. Constructive action is no longer put on hold in order to process or cope with symptoms or feelings. The individual can focus on the full scope of the present moment as the guide for determining what needs to be done.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Captains Log:
                                Stardate: 05040.0804

This was a slow weekend. I decided that i wanted to relax so I ran all of my errands friday night, obtained the current 8 episodes of Game of Thrones and dug in. This weekend I took a walk in the local park and visited the resident Elcrys (lol) a 250+ Bur Oak. She is beautiful and very very interesting. It is obvious that she has been ravaged by disease several times yet she heals herself and goes on living. I am glad no one has taken her for wood, that would be a shame. I sat on her roots for a whle and contemplated my own life. Whenever I come face to face with an eternal spirit i am reminded of my relative youth, and yet I too am an eternal spirit moving from transition to transition. There i times i curse my lack of access to times before in a tangible manner and at the same time these 39 years have been such a crushing weight that i cannot imagine conscious knowledge of other lives with thier own triumphs, there own despairs.
                                After that i grilled a whole chicken and a beef hanging tender and sat down to enjoy Game of Thrones. I noted Sean Bean in the credits and was both happy and sad. I mean I have a mancrush on Sean and I knew there is only one role for him and as expected he was Eddard Stark. Such a Noble and Honorable Fool, he reminds me of me. I would hope that i would have more self preservation in my veins that Eddard however truth compels me to note that I tend to be blind to schemers and manipulators which is why i prefer self exile. nah nah nah nah cant get me if i stay alone.
                                the chicken carcass of course became soup, it is interesting how my food management style has changed suop is a given assuming bones LOL.
                                My oldest freind invited me to dinner with his family which is always a treat. His eldest was in from her break from Annapolis and i know that makes them extremely happy. Such an awesome family does give me hope that such a thing is possible. At least it provides me with some template of what is possible. I am very fortunate to have them in my life. I learned yesterday that he had come to work at the company where we met only 6 or so months before i did and he left about 8 months after that. Talk about synchronicity.
                                This week i want to add one event to my weekdays. I need to find something local that i can put effort into to get me out of the house, I have gotten my pattern down and now have time as long as i follow it to the letter, so i should be able to find one thing.
                                ttfn

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

Working...
                                X