No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt)

Here we go- comments are welcome...

Day 10

B- 2 eggs, sugar free syrup, milk, coffee

L- 2 turkey sausages, sauerkraut, strawberries

S- greek yogurt, blueberries

D- taco salad with ground turkey, lettuce, olives, salsa, sour cream, tomato, cheese, and avocado.

1 tsp cod liver oil

Exercise- Week 9, Day 3 of P90X= shoulders & arms

Calories= 1581

Protein= 119 or 31%

Fat= 86 or 49%

Carb= 85 or 21%

Looks pretty PB to me!

the sugare free syrup... I would take that out, but I try to eliminate the artificial stuff.

Keep going!

Comment

Definitely need to get rid of the sugar free syrup. I'm working on it but used it today nonetheless :-)

Day 11

B- 2 eggs, sugar free syrup, butter, milk

S- cashews and olives

L- Taco salad with spinach leaves, tomato, olives, avocado, sour cream, salsa, cheese, ground turkey. strawberries

S- greek yogurt and blueberries

D- portabello pizza. This is an old south beach recipe that has a giant portabello mushroom as the "crust." Scoop out all the gills, pile on top sundried tomatoes packed in oil, canadian bacon, and cheese. Bake until cheese is brown. YUM

1 tsp cod liver oil

Exercise- none. Was supposed to do yoga for P90X but I blew it off.

Calories- 1789

Carb- 108 or 23%

Protein- 105 or 24%

Fat- 109 or 53%

Comment

Great to see you posting!

What is a taco salad? I thought tacos were flour based round thingies..hehe...don't know the waord for it.

M x

Comment

All I can say is YUM YUM! Who said primal is boring!

Comment

maranne and miriam- thanks!

taco salad is just my name for it. No flour based round thingies involved :-) Just the ground turkey, spinach or lettuce, tomatos, olives, cheese, sour cream, salsa, avocado. I pile it all on top of each other on a plate and chow down.

Comment

Day 12

B- 2 eggs, sugar free syrup, 3 strips turkey bacon, coffee

L- portabello pizza, strawberries

S- blueberries, cream, cashews

D-portabello pizza (last one), milk, 2 pieces of chicken breast with pesto sauce. I noticed my pesto sauce has soybean oil in it. Is that bad?

Exercise- week 9, day 5 of P90X=legs & shoulders

Calories- 1462

Carb- 80 or 20%

Fat- 90 or 55%

Protein- 90 or 25%

Comment

How are you liking P90X?

Comment

Jedi- P90X is exactly what I needed and I do like it. But I will not be sad when my 90 days are done :-) I have 4 weeks left and I'm looking forward to being able to take a week or two off. I'm tired!

Comment

Day 13

B- 2 eggs, sugar free syrup, 4 strips of bacon, strawberries, milk, coffee

S- starbucks latte, blueberries and cream, cashews

D- 2 pork chops cooked in coconut oil (yikes- first time with this- I am imagining heart attacks!), broccoli

8 oz of merlot

Exercise- Week 9, day 6 of P90X= Kenpo

Calories- 1580

Fat-87 or 49%

Carbs- 80 or 19%

Protein- 80 or 21%

Looking forward to a sweet sweet rest day tomorrow.

Comment

Day 15

B- 2 eggs, sugar free syrup, butter, 3 turkey bacon, milk

L- salmon, cauliflower, blueberries

S- greek yogurt, strawberries

D- taco salad- ground turkey, lettuce, tomato, olives, sour cream, cheese, salsa

1 tsp cod liver oil

Exercise- Week 10, day 1 of P90X= shoulders, chest, & triceps

calories- 1377

F- 70 or 46%

C- 84 or 23%

P- 104 or 31%

I'm so full today! 1377 is a little low for me but I have no desire to eat any more.

Comment

Do you eat beef? I'm thinking a little ruminant derived fat would give you some Omega-3. All that poultry and pork seems a bit heavy on the Omega-6 end. Just thinking.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

grandma, I'm having a hard time with beef right now. I'm either getting crappy cuts of it or I'm not cooking it right- more likely a combination of both. I'm also coming off of a few years of vegetarianism so I'm adding and deleting things in baby steps. The pork chops I listed above were the first ones I've had in probably 8 years or more.

I have a package of steak in my fridge right now but I'm scared to cook it. I want it to be good and I want to like it but it just never turns out right. :-(

Comment

Steaks are more difficult, you need a good cut and to cook it right. But for your taco salad ground beef is as easy as turkey BUT ground beef has an N6:N3 ratio of 8:1 (a little lower of grass fed) where ground turkey has a ratio more like 14:1.

On the steaks, I'm not very good at it either, but to be a nice steak, you need a fatty cut (ribeye) and cook it to just medium. I usually make the mistake of buying lean cuts and cooking it to well done. All you get then is leather.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

Yes that sounds exactly like what I'm doing- buying the lean cut and then cooking it to well done and yes it's definitely leather.

Thanks for the information on the omega ratios- I had no clue that ground turkey was higher on the 6 than ground beef. Will definitely make the switch next time I go grocery shopping. In the meantime, I'll eat my left-overs- don't want to waste them. :-)

I need to re-work my dairy comsumption also. Once I deplete my dairy stocks, I will be re-evaluating how to cut back a little more on that. I love my dairy though !

Comment

Working...
                              X