No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you had a rockin' trip, and good job staying pretty Primal.

Comment

Thanks Diana!

And I just checked my mail and Good Calories Bad Calories has arrived!

Comment

So I found a grass fed/grass finished butcher 8 miles from me and just got back from checking it out. I was not impressed so I think next time i'm just gonna order online. It took me 40 minutes to get there and then I drove around looking for parking forever- massive traffic. The guy was not helpful at all and seemed more interested in leering at my chest than actually answering my questions. He was not professional at all. Anyway, I spent $26- .5 pound of bacon, 2 pieces of lamp chop, and 2 pieces of top sirloin.

Comment

welp, finished P90X. Phew. I am going to take a week off from exercise and then start another round. I really like my new muscles :-) Abs and triceps are especially defined and I feel so much stronger. I started only being able to do 3 push-ups and now can bust off 25 easily.

Today is day 41 of primal eating. Get blood results on Monday.

4 pieces of turkey bacon

1 egg fried in butter

nectarine with cream

black coffee

veal cooked with butter, cream, and mushrooms

grass fed top sirloin with broccoli

8 stalks of celery with almond butter

1/2 an avocado

cod liver oil

merlot

Comment

DCKMB, congratulations on your achievements. 25+ push-ups is tremendous! Great work :-)

Comment

Thanks, hfox, appreciate that.

Got my blood work in.

Total cholesterol- 136

Tri's- 61

HDL- 60

VLDL- 12

LDL- 64

Actually quite shocked at the cholesterol numbers- they seem very low. I don't have my last reading to compare them with though. I ate 2-3 eggs every day for 30 days before this and increased my saturated fat intake by like 100%. Seems like it should be higher...

A1c is 5.8.

TSH is 1.924

My BUN/Creatinine ratio shot up from 15 to 24 though- not sure if that's a product of eating more protein or what.

Comment

Day 43

3 eggs with spinach and feta

sardines

green beans

cucumber/tomato salad ala flynavywife (thank you- very delish)

1/4 avocado

cherries

lamp chop- first time ever making or eating lamb. Turned out quite good and husband loved it. Did a rub of lemon juice, oregano leaves, garlic, salt/pepper. Cooked in coconut oil over low heat

cucumber/tomato salad

nectarine and cream

cod liver oil

No exercise.

Comment

Day 44

Have been so sick all day. Ran over to the clinic at my work and they said I have an ear infection. Extreme pain. Still managed to eat a little bit though...

3 eggs with spinach and feta

almond milk

10 celery stalks with almond butter

greek yogurt

cherries

rasberries n cream

chicken breast/sweet potato/butter

Came *this* close to buying a digiorno pizza when I went to pick up my prescription. Figured if I wanted a starch I should stick with sweet potato. It hit the spot.

No exercise.

Comment

I'm sorry you're sick. That's no fun!

Comment

oh no! Ear infections suck! Poor thing.

spinach+feta=love

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Aww... I hope you're feeling better soon. Ear infections SUCK so much!

Lovin' the sweet potato. Great choice!

Comment

Get well soon! Ear infections are so painful! And great for resisting the Pizza temptation!

M x

Comment

Feel better soon, and good for you for choosing the sweet potato.

Do you make Almond milk at home or is it store-bought? All commercially available ones I've seen have carrageenan in them.

Comment

Thanks guys! I totally appreciate the well wishes. I'm feeling a bit better today thank goodness.

Maba- I buy the almond milk - didn't even think about carrageenan but I will look at it when I get home. I'm sure it probably has some kind of thickening agent. Will report back on that...

I think I am going to try to make home made ice cream this weekend. This is the recipe I'm thinking of using-

3 cans of evaporated milk (would whole milk be better?)

1 quart of half n half

1 quart of whipping cream

1 c. of splenda (thought about Stevia but have no experience with it)

Vanilla to taste

I have an automatic ice cream maker and it just sounds good in this heat. Any variations recommended for this recipe?

Comment

Okay, both my almond milk and my whipping cream have carrageenan. What the hell?! Are there any brands that don't have that stuff?

Comment

Working...
                                X