No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow he sounds like a complete tool. I'm glad he's not accepting new patients.

I just mainly want to get established with an endo because I realize as I age, I may not be able to control the diabetes as well. Although my PA is super nice, I have to pretty much tell her what to do and what tests to order. I would like someone who might be able to think outside the box (like you don't have to be fat and out of shape to have type 2 and with this scenario do I have any other options). Is it really type 2 or a hybrid of something else (like 1.5)?

I don't think there's any problem with my thyroid but there happens to be a thyroid Dr. in the same office who only does that so I guess if I do have a problem, I have a resource right there.

thanks for all the feedback you guys. i will report back.

Comment

• just popping in to report- I really liked this Dr. He was very thorough and explained a bunch of stuff and even drew me diagrams. Ordered up a bunch of tests just so we could see where I stand. I left the lab order in my car though so I'll have to tell you everything he ordered when I get home from work. I go back on the 15th for the results.

Comment

• Okay here is what he ordered up:

Islet cell antibodies
        TSH
        T4 Free
        A1c
        Insulin Antibodies
        Microalbumin/creatine ratio (urine)
        GAD 65 antibodies
        C-peptide
        Metabolic panel
        Lipid panel
        CBC

He is trying to figure out if I am in fact Type 2 or a type called LADA (type 1.5) which is an adult onset type 1 basically. And he's checking thyroid since diabetics have higher risk for thyroid problems. Once we figure out that stuff, we can determine a treatment path. And if I really am type 2 then I would just continue on business as usual with my metformin. So I will go on Friday morning to have the bloodwork done and then go back in on the 15th for the results.

Comment

• Food: HB eggs, V8, sweet potato fries, taco salad, grapes, bacon cheeseburgers, sugar free popsicles
          Exercise: 50 min walk

Comment

• Sounds like he's making a good start. I've read about LADA but not enough to understand the differences. I like this site:
            http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/index.php
            http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/18382053.php

Comment

• thanks for the sites, marcadav.

Comment

• Just popped in to say hi!

My hubby is type 1.5. Adult diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. The nice thing about 1.5 is there are alternatives to regular obese type 2 treatments! You're already on the right track with living primal, it's done wonders for my husband. He doesn't even need insulin anymore (right now, we know this may change as he ages or if he falls ill etc.) but checks his bsl every so often just to make sure he's doing ok.
                The more I see the less I know for sure.
                -John Lennon

Comment

• I'm so glad you found a good doc, T.
                  And also that you're so good about taking care of yourself, because you are very important <3

Comment

• I was going to post a bunch of negative thoughts about work today but decided not to. I'm trying to be that person who doesn't let the stress permeate their being or control their existence. Deep cleansing breaths, in....out. Very good.

Food: HB eggs, grapes, cobb salad, bacon hamburger with tomato and pickle
                    Exericse: 1 hour walk

Comment

• I was going to post a bunch of negative thoughts about work today but decided not to. I'm trying to be that person who doesn't let the stress permeate their being or control their existence. Deep cleansing breaths, in....out. Very good.
                      Well done!

Comment

• ha thanks DR- well played earlier but just ate a crap ton of crap- totally stress eating too and I know it. UGH.

I think I need to start running again too. That was always a big stress reliever for me. I'll have to start over though- print out Couch 2 5K and get going on it.

Comment

• I've been thinking about that Couch 2 5K too. I miss running, and I totally suck at it now. Being able to pound out an easy 5K again would be awesome.

Comment

• Well let's do it! Walking and hiking is nice and all but I feel cleansed after a run. Only 30 minutes a day, 3 times a week- you with me?

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Comment

• are you guys going to start new journals for the sept challenge or operate off your usual journals?

Comment

• I am just going to run off my usual journal.... having multiples will make it confusing.... make sense?
                                Last edited by TAWFUNGUY; 09-02-2010, 09:15 PM.
                                sigpic

Signature Approved by Mark Sisson

Comment

Working...
                                X