No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calling Kuno.......I got an appt for my cyst on Sept 20. They probly won't remove it that day but I'm sure they will give me the go ahead to schedule the removal.

J- oh yeah we had tuna casserole and meatloaf too!

Comment

• Ha, our breakfast was an "Ultimate Donut" as if it were a healthy choice, or a sausage wrapped in a pancake type thing to resemble a breakfast corndog, or french toast sticks with syrup...I can't remember seeing eggs. Chocolate milk of course.

We had "fine dining" days too, where the tables would have white cloths, and we had fake candles and everything, and we'd get a roll, mashed potatoes with gravy, and shredded chicken or turkey or something like that, and salad...dessert too I'm sure. That was actually a pretty fun day Chicken nuggets were the most popular lunch item by far! Grilled Cheese sandwiches were another good one. No meatloaf or tuna casserole that I can remember, kids would never eat that stuff nowadays at school!
      You are what you eat,
      and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

• Man I loved fish stick day! I didn't eat bought lunch much... we were too darn poor, so home lunches for me, which I was okay with. Mostly cheese, lettuce and tomato sandwiches, fruit, the like. I ate breakfast at home I think... wow, can't even remember!! Probably some grain cereal, eggs on occasion. But my mom used to let me buy lunch a ocuple of times a month, so I saved it for the good stuff!
        sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Originally posted by DiabetesCanKissMyButt View Post
          calling Kuno.......I got an appt for my cyst on Sept 20. They probly won't remove it that day but I'm sure they will give me the go ahead to schedule the removal.
          Hey, T!!!
          I'm glad you're taking care of that cyst. Do you have someone to drive you to your appointment on the 20th?
          That way, if they decide they can actually do the surgery then, you'll be able to get it done all at once ;-)

Comment

• oh yeah, DD is off on Monday's so she can drive me

Comment

• Sweet.

Comment

• Taco casserole turned out to be more of a taco quiche. Still tasty though. Topped it with sour cream, olives, and salsa. Did not do my walk as planned because I had a bangin' headache when I got home (on the verge of migraine). Worked straight through with no breaks which is very bad.

Tomorrow I have my first ever appt with an endocrinologist. I have no expectations.

Comment

• Bad, bad T!!!
                  (don't make me get a rolled-up newspaper!)

Let us know how the appointment goes tomorrow?

Comment

• May I ask who the endo, you are seeing, is? I ask because I saw one in San Diego.

Comment

• Just saying hi to everyone (lots of folks seem to "be" here)--been a bit busy--reading, not really posting on journals much. Sounds like everyone's hanging in there.

Comment

• Hi Lab!

Marcadav- it's Dr. Chaudary. Is he the one you saw?

Kuno- roger that!

Comment

• No, I saw Dr. Daniel Einhorn. He's supposed to be great when treating diabetes, but SUCKED at treating thyroid.

Comment

• oh yeah I tried Einhorn but he wasn't accepting new patients.

Comment

• Apparently not going to Einhorn may have been a good idea!

Let me know how your appointment goes.

I'm of the opinion that it's more helpful to go to a good General Physicial than an endo when it comes to thyroid. The majority of them treat mostly diabetes... they tend to be pretty unknowledgeable about thyroid disorders and tend to test only TSH and treat only with Synthroid. (Generalization I know but I haven't met many people who had good luck with an endo.)

Let us know how it goes. I have a really good doctor in San Diego and he has a more open mind regarding thyroid and he tends to treat the "whole body", so is doing regular Vitamin D testing and am doing an Adrenal test for the next visit. He is big on supplementing as well, and just a bit more open about stuff. Plus I love the office... I have never waited EVER for a late appointment. I usually see the PA if I want to get in quicker, but they consult with him for every visit and if you have questions they will answer them. They're not perfect... still a bit CW regarding grains, but open to a lot, so I forgive them (His name is Daniel Bressler, he's off of University in Hillcrest). Anyway, thought I'd toss taht out, but let us know how your appt. goes!
                              sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Minxxa,
                                You're right. While Einhorn appeared to be caring, open, and a team player in the beginning, he was actually rigid in his views on thyroid treatment. He was also a TSH worshiper and just couldn't get past the fact that my TSH needed to be ignored. He also saw no reason for testing freeT3 even after he admitted testing mine showed a big difference between my free and total amounts. He hated Cytomel and had the gall to tell me he would one day stop prescribing it for me, even though it worked.

My last appointment with him didn't go well. He told me to come back and teach him AFTER I was "healed", including having lost the weight. My reply was "Why bother, you aren't open to new possibilities."

The sad thing is all I needed was a med increase of 12.5mcg to have things get better. Maybe I should go back and teach him. Especially since I've lost the weight.--NOT

DCKMB, While Einhorn sucked big time when it came to treating my thyroid, he is well respected for diabetes treatment.

Comment

Working...
                                X