No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, so far so good. They got into town yesterday afternoon and went straight to Chili's. Was at work so didn't have to go with them. For dinner I made them chicken with pesto sauce and green beans with butter. They ate it up and all was well.

I got up and did my P90X work-outs at 5am both yesterday and today so I can spend evenings with them.

Yesterday I had a 3 egg omelet with spinach and a sprinkling of feta, salsa, almond milk, blueberries/cream. Left-over portabello concoction, strawberries, then the chicken pesto and green beans. Ate almond butter right from the jar. Cod liver oil as well.

Same thing for breakfast today- omelet, berries, almond milk. For lunch I have the left over chicken and green beans. Strawberries. Don't know what's for dinner yet as I'll probably have to go out to eat tonight. Wish me luck :-)

Comment

Sounds like you're doing great!

Blueberries and cream sounds soooo good.

Comment

Thanks Diana, it's been surprisingly easy. We went to Red Robin last night and I got a lettuce wrapped burger. Tonight is still up in the air. Tomorrow I think may be more difficult because I am taking the day off work and we are going to the county fair. I love soft serve ice cream that they have there but I think if I load up on blueberries and cream before we go, I won't have a problem. Or maybe take my almond butter with me and eat the rest of the jar. LOL

Comment

Oh, I thought I responded to this.

The burger sounds yummy. I wonder how a lettuce-wrapped hot dog (uncured) would taste. Carnivals can be a real bummer. It seems like there's nothing we can eat. I took some beef jerky with me to the last one and munched on that while walking through. The blueberries and cream sounds fantastic.

Depending on how much effort you want to put into it, you could freeze the berries and cream, and take it with you, so you can walk around the fair and eat it, so that you get that whimsical feeling of eating fair food without actually eating fair food.

Comment

that is an awesome idea! Will try it and let you know how I fare.

Comment

Relatives are gone and I'm back online. Did not do the berries and cream at the fair- took almonds with me instead and that worked fine. I am sick and tired of eating out though- I'm sick of eating period! I made the most primal choices I could but it was not optimal. Moving on- glad to get back to normal.

I made beef jerky in my dehydrator though and it turned out really good. I used a chuck roast and the butcher cut it into 1/4 inch slices for me. I marinated it over night (2 pounds worth) in a water, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper mixture. Took about 10 hours to dehydrate. Very flavorful.

Comment

Day 29

3 egg omelet with spinach and mushrooms

almond milk

sardines and green beans

nectarine

olives

turkey sausage and sauerkraut

coconut oil

cod liver oil

almond butter

My stomach felt funky today so I didn't eat very much.

I'm getting new blood work done on Wednesday. Probably won't get the results till I get back from Vegas later next week though. I'm excited and apprehensive to see the new numbers.

Comment

Got the blood work done this morning. I will post results when I get them.

Still having stomach issues.

Yesterday:

3 eggs scrambled

3 pork chops and saurkraut

nectarine

turkey sausage and green beans

Almond butter

cod liver oil

coconut oil

Today:

3 eggs, spinach, mushrooms, salsa

3 pork chops, saurkraut

nectarine

Almond butter

halibut and cauliflower

cod liver oil

I think nectarines make me hungry so I won't be buying any more of those. Will go back to berries instead.

Exercise: Week 12 of P90X. Only 9 more days to complete the program.

Comment

Hope your feeling better DCKMB, I actually find that nectarines and other stone fruits make my tum a bit funny (acidy) and then saw your comment that they make you hungry so might be the reason why you have been feeling a bit off. Maybe sauté in butter before eating and that might help and also will taste yummy!

Comment

Thanks Miriam, I am feeling better. I'm completely out of fruit now anyway.

Today is Day 32.

3 eggs fried in coconut oil, tomato

chicken salad from Red Robin

Almonds

Beef broccoli stir fry

cod liver oil

beef jerky

almond stuffed olives

Had lunch with a friend today who has just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. I tried to educate her on what to eat but, good grief, it's a losing battle. Her husband is very controlling and thinks he is the expert on all matters so she's going along with his version of what's healthy. She asked me if a croissant was better than regular bread ^_^ I tried to help but I think her husband is going to win out on this one and keep feeding her granola and bagals.

I am getting shocked responses when I tell people what I'm doing. On one hand, it's annoying and I want to withdraw and not talk about it with anyone (avoidance of judgement and criticism) and on the other hand, I want to shake them and say Wake Up!

Comment

Good luck on the Blood work. Make sure you get a triglyceride number along with the HDL/LDL and use this web site. May give you a better LDL number than the lab will give you: http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~geoff36/LDL_mg.htm

I know how you feel. Someone told me today I look like I lost weight, I said "thanks" He asked "how are you doing it" I said "watching what I eat". End of story. I didn't feel like getting into it. He is a "cadio bunny" who eats frozen burritos for lunch every day, so I didn't think it would be a good conversation.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

BTW -- I am of the opinion that croissants are better then regular bread. I'll take butter over soy oil any day and croissants have a much lower GI (67 vs 95-100)

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

Day 33

3 egg omelet with spinach and feta

Carl's Jr. low carb burger

beef/broccoli stir fry

Got all my snacks for road trip to Vegas. Got a plethora of nuts- almonds, sunflower seeds, and walnuts. Got my homemade jerky, some almond butter and celery sticks, some big ass green olives, and I'm going to boil up some eggs as well. I have a big cooler so I think the perishables will be okay.

Usually when I go to Vegas, I like to sip down a few margaritas poolside. The thought of a margarita right now makes me feel ill.

I'll be bringing P90X with me and doing my final week of the program while I'm out there. That should be interesting.

Comment

Mmmm your road trip snacks sound amazing.

And I'm with you on the margaritas. They've always been "my drink" and my husband makes amazing ones from scratch (no mix) with grand marnier in them... but they are really unappetizing to think of right now. Seems they'd be really really really sweet.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Made it back from Vegas in one piece. Had an awesome time and ate "mostly" primal while there. Only one day where I cut loose and ate crap and sugary alcoholic beverages. We pretty much ate my primal snacks every day for lunch- cherries, beef jerky, and hard boiled eggs. Worked out perfectly.

Now to catch up on posts- looks like some of you guys are having a famine week so going over there to read first...

Comment

Working...
                                X