No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh yeah, I am going to do the stuffed lamb burgers off batty's blog.

Comment

• YUM on all of those things! Especially the tuna casserole, I used to LOVE tuna casserole! Tuna and green beans and noodles and cream of mushroom soup and cheese (parmesan I think) and garlic and spices...definitely a comfort dish I'm torn between cheesecake and creme brulee for my birthday...I love both so much!

Your birthday is really soon, so you're a Leo too huh? We rock
      You are what you eat,
      and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

• Your menu sounds awesome! I really need to sit down this weekend and figure out some different stuff... I've been in a bit of a rut!

Ah, tuna casserole. Yummmmmmmmm
        sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• When's your birthday hannah? I think I remember from last year that you are a Leo also. August 4th for me. ROAR!

My friend called this morning and said they are having a massive fire up by her house but that it "shouldn't" affect my drive up there. I looked it up and the fire is just off the freeway I have to take and it's massive and not contained whatsoever. I'm a little nervous about it. The fires we've had around here are no joke and I definitely don't want to get stuck somewhere. Blah.

Had 4 pieces of bacon for breakfast and brought salami and havarti with me to snack on for the drive up. Don't know what we will eat for dinner. Also copious amounts of vodka/sodawater. If I'm able to make it up there.

Comment

• Yeesh scary! Ya wildfires in CA and in AZ are NO JOKE, I know that for sure. I'd be wary about getting stuck if you get all the way up there and the fire jumps the highway...definitely not trying to be a party pooper, sorry!

My birthday is the 16th, and I'm definitely all lioness Give me the spotlight!!!! Ah it feels good....
            You are what you eat,
            and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

• Ya, the fire season has begun.
              sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

• Please be careful, T.
                Fun is good, and so are visits, but....

Comment

• I made it up but I was freaking out the last 30 minutes or so- Drove right into the thick of the smoke and could see the fire off the freeway (it was the Palmdale fire past state route 14 in case anyone saw the news). It was raining ash too- gross. But today it looks clear as a bell and I think they must have it contained.

Had a super amount of fun last night. Partied like it was 1999. Woot!

Comment

• Wow... scary. I'm glad you made it ok. Sounds like something out of the movies! Glad ya had fun though!

Comment

• thanks D!

Hey does anyone have a banana bread recipe? I have 3 bananas that are old and need to get used up.

Comment

• I just made some. It's supposed to be my blog post later next week.

Banana Bread Brownies

Ingredients:
                        1 cup almond flour
                        1 cup pecan meal
                        4 very ripe bananas
                        4 eggs
                        1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
                        1 Tbsp vanilla
                        1/8 tsp cinnamon
                        1/8 tsp nutmeg
                        1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
                        slivered almonds for garnish (optional)

Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and blend them together.

Mash the bananas, then add the egg and vanilla. Mix together until well combined then add to the dry ingredients. Stir together until the batter is smooth. Add the (optional) chocolate chips.

Grease a large baking ban with butter and pour in the batter. Sprinkle slivered almonds over the top.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Before serving, frost with honey butter.

Comment

• thanks D !!

Comment

• I've got my cheesecake baking right now. It smells SO good!

Comment

• hi back,

and thanks!

Though, I think once August is finished, I'll just contain my monthly challenges to my main journal.

And be careful out there. My friend in San Diego sends me pics and stories every year. Just another reason to stay away from Cali!
                              Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

• T,
                                YAY for cheesecake!!!
                                <3

Comment

Working...
                                X