No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight I'm gonna have the enchiladas. I got anaheim peppers to stuff the hamburger/sauce into and then will sprinkle the top with mozzerella/cheddar and bake. I know grammy did his in the crockpot but I think I'm going to do it more like casserole style in the oven. REALLY looking forward to it.

I'm going to get my pickled eggs started sometime today also.

P90X Kenpo for the exercise this morning. And I am wiped out. Think I will go take a nap. Didn't sleep last night either.

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Comment

MMMMM chicken parmesan and eggplant manicotti!!!! I wish I could be the meal thief this week No groceries though. I will be eating out of the fridge and freezer exclusively (well, and chicken coop...just the eggs, I won't be killing a chicken!). For some reason that chicken parmesan is making my mouth water like crazy...I can't let myself spiral into being a cheese fiend again though. NO! Bad hannah!!!

You are what you eat,
      and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

lol! the chicken parmesan is super easy. Just chicken tenders in a casserole dish, pour a marinara over the top (I use Classico cuz it doesn't have added sugar in the ingredients list). Add a bunch of mushrooms (fresh or canned). Top with a little cheese and bake.

Comment

Those stuffed peppers sound really, really good. Think I might have to try something like that tomorrow. Hmm...chicken parm sounds good, too. Darn! I must be hungry!

Comment

The stuffed peppers ended being really good although DH didn't like it. I'll probably end up eating it for lunch every day this week cuz it made a huge pan.

Gonna make the chicken parmesan tomorrow night. Thinking about dregging (sp?) the chicken in almond flour so it has that more traditional crust that chicken parmesan usually has. Thoughts on that?

First day on the new job was interesting and awkward today. That's all I'll say in case anyone from work reads this (I doubt it but just in case).

Got a 30 minute walk and 1 hour of neck P/T today. I've been wearing a pedometer the past few days cuz we are doing this healthy thing at work and I'll have to post my steps for my team. Today I had 7341 steps. 10,000 is supposed to be approximately 5 miles.

Food today: 2 chocolate/blueberry protein shakes, greek yogurt, walnuts, stuffed peppers, 2 hard boiled eggs, V8

I have Diana's eggs pickling in the fridge. I am so excited about it. Can't wait till Friday when I can sample one.

I am trying SO hard to get up in the mornings to do my work-outs instead of after work. I set my alarm for 5am this morning and blew it off. Gonna try again tomorrow morning. Will do P90X Chest & Back if I make it out of bed. lol.

Comment

I always have a hard time with breading foods. I can never get it to stick! Even with almond flour. Such a disappointment. Let me know how yours turns out.

I hope things pick up at work. It's always hard being the new person. I hate that feeling. It's cool that you're participating in a healthy thing at work as a team. Good way to bond.

Let me know how you like the eggs.

It takes some time and practice to get into a morning routine. I'm such a morning person now, awake at 6 am no matter what time I end up in bed. Can be kind of a pain sometimes but morning workouts rock.

Comment

The chicken parmesan looks good. I haven't eaten it yet cuz it's still baking. Hurry up and GET IN MY BELLY! lol. I dregged the chicken in almond flour, fried it up in coconut oil, added mushrooms, just a little bit of marinara, and some fresh mozzerella. Baking now and smells so good.

Work was better today. I was able to finish 1 project. It is SO hard! Diana, the good thing is that I'm not new. Same company, same department, same people, new role. So at least I don't have the added stress of not knowing anyone or not knowing the company.

Food: 2 chocolate/blueberry protein shakes, 2 hard boiled eggs, V8, stuffed peppers, chicken parmesan.

Got in P90X Chest & Back- after work though. And a 30 minute walk.

Comment

Lol GET IN MY BELLY I think I can go for a nice long walk OUTSIDE this weekend...sunshine and 50 degrees. Doesn't that sound awesome DC??

You are what you eat,

Comment

That does sound nice. You enjoy it- soak up that sun. The sun makes me happy. Unfortch, it will be raining here but that's okay. Only 3 weeks till spring and 2 weeks till daylight savings time!

Comment

OH, I was confused! I didn't realize it was the same company. LOL! Well that's a relief huh?

OMG, I forgot about daylight savings time. Yay! Cannot wait til we hit 50 degrees here. I'm excited to see 40's!

The parm sounds so yummy!

Comment

Glad to hear work was better for you. How have the co-workers been with you switching roles/jobs? I found that sometimes that wasn't easy, but I'm sure it depends on the situation.

That parm recipe sounded great - I think I have might have to steal it from you!

Comment

Deb- for the most part the co-workers have been super supportive. There are a couple that I detect have some issues but I'm trying not to let them get to me.

Today I did P90X arms & shoulders and a 30 min walk. Food: chocolate/blueberry protein shake, 2 eggs, turkey sandwich (with bread- I had a craving), and 4 pickled deviled eggs (SO GOOD). I actually made fish for dinner but I'm not going to eat any cuz the eggs made me full :-p I will take it for lunch tomorrow.

I am so glad tomorrow is Friday. I'm pooped!

Comment

Amen to that! I'm thrilled today's friday! TGIF!

Mmm... friday fish...

That's one thing I really miss from CW days. Friday fish fry. A big slab of battered and fried fish, home-made mac n cheese, and coleslaw. *drool* I will have to invent a Primal version. I miss the friday fish fry.

Comment

Glad to hear that your job got better through the week! And TGIF for sure, this week has been so slow for whatever reason.

The bread didn't hurt your tummy? I literally can't eat it anymore. Painful bloating/joint inflammation. Hubs was saying just yesterday that after being really good for only a week (his first whole week, maybe 10 days even) having NO grains at all, he ate some mexican food in AZ and had terrible "gastric distress" literally 10 minutes after his meal. He was a little sad that this way of eating makes cheating nearly impossible if you want to avoid serious tummy troubles.

You are what you eat,

Comment

It HAS been a long, slow week. Total WTF? o.O

A big fat TGIF today though. Eating, drinking and making merry!

Comment

Working...
                                X