X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel better soon DCKMB. Take care.

Comment

DCKMB:

Bummer about the cyst----but it's better than a fracture, anyway. I had one on the back of my right wrist about 15 yrs ago; they removed it w/o any problems (except for a really thin little scar).

You'll be back up and running in no time.

Comment

yeah totally better than a fracture!

Comment

I'm glad to hear it's just a cyst. They're pretty easy to take care of.

Comment

Glad to hear it's only a cyst too! That should heal a lot faster than a fracture, right?

I've been mixing up the cardio between running for 30-40 minutes with sprint intervals (so 3-4 miles) on the treadmill, the "arc trainer" which is a type of elliptical/stairstepper hybrid (it's easy on the knees and I like it better than the elliptical), and the stationary bike. I like the bike the least. I don't feel like running at a steady pace anymore, it feels too tedious, but the intervals are pretty intense. Maybe I'll do 2 days of sprint intervals this week, then 1 or 2 days of the other cardio machines. It's cold now, so I'm being a wimp and taking all work outs inside

You are what you eat,
            and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

sounds good, hannah.

Had 2 people tell me yesterday that I look skinny. I'm always a little put off by people who make these comments. It's also slightly amusing to me since I've actually gained weight. I weighed in at 145 yesterday.

Went Christmas shopping earlier. Didn't last very long because it was too crowded and I started getting irritated.

Have an appt with the hand surgeon on the 21st.

Comment

It always makes me curious, and a little annoyed... how people can make completely rude comments about how thin a person is (to their face no less,) but it's another story if someone were to make a comment about how fat a person is. When I was fat people never said anything about my weight, but now it seems like snarky comments are fair game. Ugh.

Comment

A family member at a party this summer said to me, "Make sure you don't lose any more weight." As if it were unhealthy that I'm actually in the NORMAL weight range for my height/age/gender etc. for the first time in my (adult) life. No--I was REALLY much healthier when I was overweight and a carb/sugar overloaded vegetarian for all those years... It's interesting no one ever worried about me when I had 3-5 strep/sinus infections a year and was constantly on antibiotics and was totally overweight. But now that I feel awesome (haven't been sick in ages) and pass up the cake and bread at parties and bring my own food for the most part (ds has allergies/food sensitivities which makes this a must) folks 'worry' about me...

It's so odd really--I look at so many people and wish they knew how good it *can* be--that you can feel and look amazing while eating delicious, satisfying, good for you *real* foods without worrying about all the CW crap...

Comment

*whispers* I think they're all secretly jealous...

Comment

It's interesting on the personal comments. I lived in Asia for years where there's culturally nothing wrong with saying someone is fat (in fact, I used to have customers in business meetings in Taiwan tell me..."oh, you're fat now...have you been overeating?"). Then, my friends in India who always told me I was too skinny no matter how I looked. And, my husband's Peruvian family who think it's a compliment to tell you you're fat, even if you're actually skinny. LOL

SO, I ignore what people tell me now

I second going w/ how you feel...And yeah, I think they're jealous too

Comment

lol! I have a peruvian friend who is chubby and she hates visiting there because she dreads her grandma telling her she's fat!

Chicks in general seem to be catty. I have not had much luck finding female friends that I can tolerate for very long.

Fairy- I had about 3 sinus infections a year when vegetarian also. I keep waiting for it to hit cuz it's been 1 year and 3 months since my last one.

Comment

hey did you try that gingerbread out? <3

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

[quote]

Fairy- I had about 3 sinus infections a year when vegetarian also. I keep waiting for it to hit cuz it&#39;s been 1 year and 3 months since my last one.</blockquote>

It&#39;s crazy isn&#39;t it? All those years I thought I was being so &#39;healthy&#39;, and totally thought folks who ate meat were crazy for killing themselves w/ it. Gosh--how delusional! All I had to do was look in a mirror or pay attention to my own energy levels...I&#39;m amazed I was so hoodwinked by the idea of what healthy *should* be, instead of realizing that I was so NOT healthy...

Isn&#39;t it awesome to feel great now! I love it!!! No peice of bread or cake etc. can compare to feeling awesome. (And I can make them all grain free anyway if I really want to...)

Comment

[quote]

Chicks in general seem to be catty. I have not had much luck finding female friends that I can tolerate for very long. </blockquote>

LOL...ditto. I guess I&#39;ve always been more of a tom-boy anyway. I can count on one hand the number of long-term female friends I have...and that includes my sister

Comment

FNW- I JUST finished making them. I&#39;ll go over and post in the christmas cookie thread. They turned out "okay."

Comment

Working...
                                X