Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hug* DCKMB

I'm with ya sister. Hang in there. I've limited my postings as well, and not just because I work too much.

Personally, I adore sweet potatoes, but since I'm not currently running I limit them. I've considered taking up some more cardio though, and like you I think I'm going to start restricting fat/calories a bit more. (Though truthfully I know a lot of what I need to do will require surgery, rather than restriction.)

I'll catch you on FB to. Grok On Girly!

Comment

Just thought I'd post here since I logged in to tell FNW congrats. Nothing major to report. 2 more weeks until work crap is over- can't wait! Bumped carbs up to about 100 a day and added running back in 3 days a week. It feels really good. Have not checked blood sugar since I went to the doctor just because I'm sick and tired of tracking it. That's all.

Hope you all have a GREAT Thanksgiving!

Comment

Hiya. Work crap is over. YAY! I made it- phew. Now it's smooth sailing till the end of the year. And I have dec 24 - jan 3 off so I am totally looking foward to that.

Haven't checked the threads around here yet. Will have to catch up. Hopefully the atmosphere has improved????

Today I made a lovely beef stew with a mixture of grass fed beef and bison. They were almost expired so I had to use them up. Let it cook in the crockpot for 4 hours and it smells so good in here. Put lots of root vegetables, celery etc in with beef broth. Also made a walnut bark with 86% chocolate. It's something I usually do once a holiday season. I am craving ginger bread very bad so I need to figure out how to modify. Any ideas?

I'm off to have a mug of hot cocoa made with heavy cream and watch Christmas with the Kranks.

Comment

your stew sounds really yummy... also the walnut bark. yum!!!

I'm also craving gingerbread. I always love it - my favorite holiday treat. No ideas though. g2baker (I think that's her username) is going to try a coconut flour gingerbread recipe but I don't think it would end up the right texture... we'll have to see what she thinks.

How do you make your hot cocoa?

Glad to see you back!

Also, things got dicey here with a loudspoken troll but he's since been banned and things have lightened up a bit lately. It's nice again.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

hey hey FNW!

i stole my hot cocoa from diana. heavy cream with 86% chocolate. I put about 1/4 cup of heavy cream and dilute the rest with water cuz I don't want the calories but it's still very rich and creamy.

so glad the troll has been banned! hopefully now everyone is in a better mood.

Comment

just melted chocolate? Good plan!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Melted chocolate + cream sounds fabulous! I guess you could dip strawberries in it like fondue.

Comment

I think I'll try this gingerbread recipe from lowcarbdude http://lowcarbdudecom.blogspot.com/2...d-cookies.html.

I'll use all almond flour and keep the molasses and probably double the spcices like he suggests.

Frosting: mix 8 oz. cream cheese with 1/3 stick of softened butter. Blend in four packets of Splenda and a dash of vanilla extract. Blend until creamy. A drop or two of food colouring will allow you to make gingerbread "ornaments".

- 1 3/4 cups almond flour

- 1/4 cup oat flour (finely ground whole oats)

- 1/4 lb (1 stick) softened butter (if using salted butter, omit the salt later in the recipe)

- 1/2 cup granular Splenda

- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar Twin

- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses

- 2 tsp water

- 1 tsp vanilla extract

- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger

- 1 tsp cinnamon

- 1/4 tsp nutmeg

- 1/4 tsp ground cloves

- 1/2 tsp salt (omit if you are using salted butter)

Preheat oven to 300F.

Cream butter with Splenda and Brown Sugar Twin in a large bowl. Add water and spices and mix well. (Personally, I would have increased the spices by 50%.) Gradually add almond flour and mix to a stiff dough. Form into small balls and place on greased cookie sheet at least 1" apart.

Bake at 300F for 20 minutes. After five minutes in oven, press cookies down with a fork in a criss-cross manner. Continue baking, being careful not to burn and adjusting time for your oven.

Makes about 2 doz. cookies - 1.4 effective grams of carbohydrate per cookie.

Comment

Mmmmm gingerbread I'm actually a bigger fan of gingersnaps, but cookies are my kryptonite. Yum yum yum, I might have real ones if I find a good batch! If you don't count the last 4 days (my in-laws have been here) I've been doing actual cardio (30-40 minutes, 3-4 times per week) for a couple of weeks now, and eating more like 50-100 carbs per day. I feel good! I hope you're feeling better now too, especially with work stress being over. I'd like to lose at least 8 pounds too, and I'd love to get to my goal weight of 125 actually (4-5 pounds more). That way I could maintain between 125-130 and be happy How are you feeling after a little more cardio?

You are what you eat,
                    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

hey hannah!

Defo feel better since the work stress is over. I'm so happy to be back to running. It makes me feel vibrant and "cleaner" somehow. 30 minutes, 3-4 times a week for now. Didn't do any last week cuz I was working 15 hour days but back to it tomorrow. I haven't weighed myself in awhile but my normal weight is 135. My pants fit so that's good. I guess if I can maintain through the holidays and not gain that will be successful.

What cardio are you doing? Running?

Comment

Got the christmas tree up yesterday. It looks beautiful. Have had a hard time this year getting into the holiday spirit though. I feel more bah humbug this year.

Eats:

2 eggs

beef stew

greek yogurt

2 clementines

shephards pie

Exercise:

40 minute run

Comment

Had some stuff I shouldn't have today:

2 eggs

butter

mixed bean soup with ham

2 clementines

shephards pie

6 triscuits

.5 glass of wine

greek yogurt

No exercise.

Dr. appt tomorrow to check out my swollen wrist.

Comment

I could never handle triscuits. They reminded me of eating dry shredded wheat- lol.

Sometimes we need one of those days of just goofing off on our good behavior. No biggie.

Good luck at the doc tomorrow. I hope it's not serious.

Comment

man i have always looooved triscuits. put some cream cheese on those bad boys. mmm.

but yeah, i agree with DR that "no biggie." It's not like you ate a whole box of them.

I lurve clementines.

Comment

Back from the Dr. My wrist swelling is actually a cyst. I thought I had injured it doing all the burpees and push-ups but it's a cyst. I left a message with a hand surgeon they referred me to because it's big enough that it needs to be surgically removed. And I can't do burpees or push-ups because it aggravates it and my range of motion is impeded.

Comment

Working...
                                X