No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (DiabetesCanKissMyButt)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And actually....I quit taking the birth control pill 6 days ago so I am completely and totally drug free. Pretty exciting. I hate to get TOO excited though because I'm just testing the waters right now and who knows what will happen. But for now, I am happily RX free. Will just have to be careful and use "other" birth control methods till I get to my appt.

Comment

Yay on being drug free! I wish I was that brave, but I abhor the lady cycle. I've been without it for... oh... 7 years. I tried it out briefly and hated it. So for now I'm still a slave to depo, until they can give me another solution. :P

Comment

food today is:

bacon, eggs, coco oil, heavy cream, salmon, cauliflower, hamburger casserole, glass of pinot noir

exercise: yoga and walking if it's not raining

Comment

Yay! Drug Free!

Diana, intervention for you..... ;-)

Love your food today DCKMB! Or, maybe I'm just hungry....

Comment

I love my food today too. I've been enjoying a glass of wine in the evenings and it's been lovely.

Comment

(I had a beer last night! 6.6g carbs, but the whole alcohol factor, I understand, stops Ketosis dead in it's tracks, right? Uggggh! I just want to lose these last 15 - 20 lbs.....)

Comment

Yes the alcohol thing is interesting. Living la vida low carb has an interesting blog about it: http://livinlavidalocarb.blogspot.co...urning-on.html

Comment

AWESOME news on the metformin removal! That's fabulous. Looks like your body is adjusting wonderfully. Gotta love the Primal lifestyle.

Comment

Thank you DCKMB. I know it's an issue and I never 'need' alcohol, but dang, sometimes I just like a break on the weekends. I hate trying to 'diet' or be restrictive on the weekends, but I need to do something, or I'm not going to go anywhere!

Comment

Yep. I like me some alkyhol too. Life is short- enjoy it.

Comment

Company picnic today. I hate them for reasons that I will not put here in case anyone from work is reading. But it actually turned out to be somewhat fun and I didn't eat any crap. I had salad and chicken and that was pretty much the only thing I was able to eat and it was fine.

Came home and had a salmon ceasar salad and a granny smith apple with almond butter. Surprised that I could barely finish the apple because it tasted so sweet. Will probably have a glass of vino later on.

Tomorrow is Friday and it's going to be 85 degrees this weekend. I am so stoked.

Comment

I love successful outings! I try to talk and float a lot too, so I'm not stuck at the crappy food area the whole time. I don't like work functions a whole lot either...it's annoying to make small talk with people you have almost nothing in common with. At least that's how it is at my job.

So jealous of your weather btw, I'll be in Pittsburgh this weekend where the high is something around 48! Brr! I do get to see gorgeous fall leaves though, so I think that's a point for the east coast (there aren't many to give so I'm being nice, I'm a west coast girl all the way down to my vibram loving toes).

You are what you eat,
                          and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

Congrats on your successful removal of Metformin from your life. You're doing great.

By the way, not all Californians freak out in the rain. This one thrives on it and doesn't get nearly enough of it!

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

hannah, you'll be able to wear your newly finished scarf in that chilly weather! lol. As far as company functions go- you nailed it. I am actually quite antisocial so it's energy draining to have to put on the smiley face and start chatting.

Griff- hey nice to see you in my journal! I was just referencing southern california people driving in the rain - not the entire state. We seem to have a particluar problem down here. I think the problem is that it rains so little that when it does the oil build-up on the freeway makes it really slick. (trying to cut them some slack here :-))

Comment

DCKMB: Hey lady, I was reading about you stopping the BC and thought I would chime in.

Here's my story, in short: I have HORRID cramps every month. The only thing that works is a heating pad, hot foods only, and 800 of Motrin and 1 tylenol. Its insane. Anyhow, mi madre had a hysterectomy at 36 for endo and my (~1.5 yr) younger sis has already had a "scraping". So I feel like im pretty much screwed. In addition, I was on Loesterin and it made my BP go from 120/68 to 160/110. So hormones are a no-go. I decided that my only course of action for prevention of cramps, endo and babies is Mirena. I have a couple friends who are VERY happy with it, and its a very low dose progesterone only thing. Mah doc says it helps with endo really well too. Maybe you could check it out, after you get your metformin thing under control!!!

Right now, Im waiting to see how much it will cost me and Ill report back if you like.

Hannah: You make scarves too?! Im GLAD youre in OH girl!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

Working...
                                X