Kit's starting again! Here we go!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch and tea were boring!

Today however is EXCITING we are picking up the girls and going to see our new puppy who is 4 weeks old. Only 4 more weeks and we can bring him home!
    My journal

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29984.html

Comment

yay for puppies.

my friend made fun of me for being specific about the cat we want:

female, light colored, long haired, low fel d 1 protien producing, 7 yrs old or older, good mouser. I don't think it's asking too much.

Comment

Got to be specific, after all how do you get what you want if you don't know what it is!

Puppy (now call 'Ruff') is wonderful. He is so cute. Mind you so is the rest of the littler...could have brought the lot! Anyway we have to wait another month before we can bring him home. he still needs his mum for now.

Back to eating vegi's. The stuffed marrow was wonderful and there is enough left for lunch today too.

Barry Groves Trick and Treat arrived yesterday. Looks like it might be interesting reading.
        I have also ordered Nourishing Traditions, in the hopes it will help with son aged 14. He is not going to go paleo/primal, but maybe there will be some ideas in there to clean up his act a little. Maybe we can compromise.

Not sure what we are having for tea tonight, need to plan the next weeks meals today. The beef should be here (half a grass fed cow) by Friday at the latest, so lots of lamb and pork this week I think!
        My journal

Comment

Here goes a picture of my new exercise routine.

Or not....I will try again

There he is! isn't he the cutest thing you have ever seen in your life!
          He is still far to young to leave his mum, it will be a month yet before we get him.
          Last edited by Kit Rivers; 05-21-2011, 10:08 PM.
          My journal

Comment

He's lovely!! Is he a cocker spaniel?? I"m squinting at the screen to try to tell, lol.

How did you feel on the protein days?? I'm considering doing something similar. Good tally on the telethon so far - I haven't caught all that much of it, but there have been some interesting problem contributing!
            Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

He is a labradoodle! We used to have a labradoodle, before they were invented, ours was called a poodle cross back then. He died 2 years ago aged 15. We had another dog, a free dog out of the paper, who I loved to bits, but she had to be put to sleep at 9 months due to an inherited condition. The owners would not let me see the mother and now I know why. Jess had it so badly the vet recommended euthanasia. (Owners had all sorts of plausible reasons....)

Food today. I have decided to have a bit of a turn around. i did not feel great on high protein, and by coincidence Barry Groves book arrived this weekend. After reading that, he recommends high fat rather than high protein so i thought I would give it a try, although it feels very weird!

Breakfast. 2 eggs, lots of fatty bacon all fried in butter and the butter mopped up with mushrooms. Half a small glass cream.

Throughout the day, 3 cups of tea with cream. i did not feel hungry at any point in the day, so had no lunch or afternoon tea.

Supper, fish (hoki), salmon, eggs, onions, and the last of the french beans from the garden (about 8 small ones) all fried up in butter, then cream stirred in to make a sauce.

I did not eat much as I wasn't hungry and it was very rich, but now it is almost 9pm and I am still bright eyed and busy tailed. Normally i would be off to bed by now.

It feels so counter intuitive, but I am going with it for the time being. I shall keep you posted.
              My journal

Comment

Labradoodles are so cute looking!!

I've looked up Barry Groves - he seems to have plenty of 'anti-him' people raving, but basically he's saying just to eat natural foods and lots of fat, isn't he?? Sounds like Kurt Harris, and seems like a logical approach! Can't wait to see how it works for you. In the past I've felt quite ill on such low carbs, but I was pretty metabolically wrecked at the time, so not the best of times to try something so new. Fingers crossed for you . . .
                Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

Humm.... real life seems to have got in the way again! Fell of the wagon. I do feel great on that way of eating but I miss my blueberries. When life gets stressful I have a bowl of berries and cream.

Back to my normal way of eating, if you can catch it or gather it, go for it!

Breakfast (if hungry) is always bacon and eggs. Lunch is often last night tea heated up. Tea is meat and veg, but low on the starchy ones. Tea with cream at will during the day and raspberries and blueberries with cream for a treat.
                  I like barry Groves and Kurt Harris way of eating best. I feel great, have lots of energy, enjoy cooking the food, plenty of variety etc etc. I expect one can lose weight faster by doing other things but I also want to be happy!

Today I am at home all day, the car is at the garage, Peter has cycled to work, and the boy is being taken to school by a neighbour. I am going to use this time at home to try to make clotted cream! I found a place that made it in Leeston. $35 for 500g!!!!!!!!!! So I am going to have a go myself.
                  My journal

Comment

Bummer about that wagon! Somehow stress always seems to bounce us right off the damn thing

Ditto on the wanting to be happy while losing weight. I really used to love cream, and it makes such an easy treat with berries - finding an alternative has been a constant search for me. Coconut cream is great, but I'm not sure that it's doing good things for my gut. Still, I'm ever hopeful. Kurt Harris is the go-to guy for me at the moment, with Paleobirds calorie ideas as a backup.
                    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Comment

Ugghhh. Crap weekend. My 19 year old is bulimic.

On the plus side she did come and tell us.....

Also found out (Friday) why son (14) is having trouble at school. His tests put him on the 16th percentile for reading/writing and the 99th (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) for intelligence. He gets by using his smarts to disguise his problems and so far has successfully had us all believing he is bright but lazy.....

Not sure how much I will be around as dealing with real life at the moment.

I am still eating primal but not worrying about things at the moment.
                      My journal

Comment

Take care - family and health come before a message board!!
                        Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Comment

thuoght of you today.

Comment

Working...
                          X