No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - onalark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leftover sweet potato hash and egg for breakfast. Snacked on some grapes and almonds between meetings. I love summer fruit.

Lunch...um, hoping there's something in the cafe other than chicken breast and salad. >:| Dinner -- no idea, because I worked OT and wasn't able to go shopping like I usually do.

Contemplating lifting or sprinting today, despite two nights of less than optimal sleep. Again, OT woes.

Supplements - same old, same old (D, kelp, selenium, folate).
    Sleep - 7 hours.
    Period - no effing clue what's going on down under, and my body temp isn't helping the mystery. Just gotta wait and see.
    Steph
    My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Here's breakfast.

Breakfast hash with egg and sauerkraut by fivebyevif, on Flickr

And here's dinner.

Tomato salad by fivebyevif, on Flickr

The steak was steak and the broccoli was broccoli, but the tomato salad was really good. I improvised a quick dressing by mashing raspberries and diced shallots in red wine vinegar, drizzled that over the slices, and then drizzled a small amount of lemon-infused olive oil over that. Yum!
      Steph
      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Hiya Steph,
        Your periods are going to be a little weird for a while. Stop/start, heavy/light, stop for three days and start up again for two, etc. It will take a little while until the uterus settles down to a steady cycle so don't let that freak you out. Just be patient. And keep pads with you at all times.

Let us know how the sous vide machine turns out. I've been thinking about one of those (as if I don't already have enough kitchen gadgetry!)

Comment

• Yeah...I figure things will be hinky for a while. Stuff still cleaning out? I dunno. I don't even know if I should bother with temp tracking right now. I did test a luteinizing hormone strip last night to see if I might be ovulating, but no. Though those have a very narrow window where they work, so....

I will absolutely update on the sous vide machine and how it works. The Googles seem to indicate I'll either love it or hate it. If it keeps us from eating out, I will love it.

Thank you! It's not really a subject you can exactly bring up in polite conversation with a lot of women, so in that, these forums are very handy.
          Steph
          My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Breakfast was more hash and eggs. My husband said I should be more careful about my hash habit. I told him it's California, it's expected.

The cafe pulled through for lunch -- chicken quarter and kale. Yum!

I ran sprints yesterday (8 x 15 seconds)! And I didn't get a headache! Kermit arms!!!! I think we can confidently say the anemia has passed.
            Steph
            My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Time to head home. I forgot -- I started a ginormous batch of bone broth last night. Should be done when I get home. I'm also soaking sunflower seeds, because $8 for a jar of sunbutter is outrageous.

Dinner...think we'll do some TJ's chicken sausage, onions, and peppers. Maybe a nice salad. That sounds good, doesn't it?
              Steph
              My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Hot damn! I caught me a spammer!
                Steph
                My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• My bone broth came out perfectly jello-y, and I got a load of tallow out of the deal. Sweet! Also, finished drying and toasting my sunflower seeds; all that's left is to blitz them into oblivion.

Wrapping up the sweet potato hash breakfast (got one more serving for tomorrow). Had some salt-grilled salmon and salmon/tuna sashimi for lunch. Tasty, but I missed the soy sauce. Not sure why I can eat salmon at Japanese restaurants, but when I cook it at home I want to barf. Hmmmm.

I'm having a love affair with nectarines right now. The perfect dessert fruit. Soooo goooood.
                  Steph
                  My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Yup. I am totes ovulating. The LH strip does not lie.

Made some ridiculously ugly meatballs for dinner, so not going to post the photos here. Too bad something so ugly tasted so good. Trader Joe's has a marinara in a can that doesn't have a single offensive ingredient. Tastes great, cheap as hell, I'll take twenty!

Finally, this was breakfast:

Purple Sweet Potato Hash by fivebyevif, on Flickr

And lo, it was good.
                    Steph
                    My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• purple sweet potatoes? I've only heard of regular purple potatoes! They're my favorite.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        purple sweet potatoes? I've only heard of regular purple potatoes! They're my favorite.
                        Okinawa sweets! They are wunderbar. It seems like they have less moisture than orange sweets, so they stay nice and firm. I think we get them here in Cali because there are a lot of Hawaiians living in these parts. They're hard to find in boring grocery stores; I go to the Asian markets to buy them.

Other things I've done with purple sweets is peel, cube, toss with a lot of oil, and cook in a hot oven until crispy. Then I use them as croutons. Awesomesauce.
                        Steph
                        My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by onalark View Post
                          Yup. I am totes ovulating. The LH strip does not lie.

Made some ridiculously ugly meatballs for dinner, so not going to post the photos here. Too bad something so ugly tasted so good. Trader Joe's has a marinara in a can that doesn't have a single offensive ingredient. Tastes great, cheap as hell, I'll take twenty!

Finally, this was breakfast:

Purple Sweet Potato Hash by fivebyevif, on Flickr

And lo, it was good.
                          Yeay for ovulating!! are you temping every day? I temped and tracked.

I had no idea transitioning to primal could mess with cycles. I'm experiencing that myself.

I also love that same marinara from TJs. For the kids, it goes over rice pasta or even rice, and I take it over squash or zucchini.

Greats pics!!! I want to make that sweet potato hash like now! Yesterday!
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d61289-12.html

Comment

• Originally posted by avocadogirl View Post
                            Yeay for ovulating!! are you temping every day? I temped and tracked.

I had no idea transitioning to primal could mess with cycles. I'm experiencing that myself.
                            I temped every day when we were TTC, and need to get back into the swing of it. Actually, I feel like primal normalized my period. Which is nice! I like being able to get through a period without feeling like someone's grabbed a hold of my ovaries and twisted!

I had an early miscarriage (8 weeks) at the start of July, which is why I've been testing with the LH strips. Trying to pinpoint when my body's going to go back to "normal" (in the non-pregnant sense). Based on last night's LH test strip and the lack of anemia, I think "normal" is now.

Originally posted by avocadogirl View Post
                            I also love that same marinara from TJs. For the kids, it goes over rice pasta or even rice, and I take it over squash or zucchini.

Greats pics!!! I want to make that sweet potato hash like now! Yesterday!
                            It was yummy. Thanks! And yes, that marinara is great!
                            Steph
                            My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• No time for breakfast this morning, so I skipped it. Nice to be able to do that! Inadvertent IF is inadvertent!

Lunch was taco salad -- sans taco shell, rice, beans, sour cream, cheese...basically just a pile of lettuce and salsa and meat. Then I had the same thing for dinner, and a banana mid-day for the heck of it. GO ME.

Busy work day. Lots o' stress. Home soon.
                              Steph
                              My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Did I mention my sunbutter attempt was a total failure? Well, it was. Oh well. Guess I keep ponying up for the stuff in a jar.

Tonight's (first) sous vide attempt is a pair of double-thick pork chops. Looking forward to see how they turn out.

Sweet potato hash for breakfast, Thai chicken for lunch. I actually had to get the chicken boxed up (!!!) because I was full about 2/3rds of the way through. Hunh.

My jeans fit again without a struggle, which is a mighty good thing. Now I just need to get knocked up again, and grow out of them. Again. :P

But on the bright side: I have a diet plan to follow post-pregnancy that I feel fairly confident will help me lose the weight. The first week is annoying, but after that you get used to it, and then your pants fit again. Yay!
                                Steph
                                My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Working...
                                X