Primal Journal - onalark

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onalark View Post
    Making almond-egg-banana pancakes for breakfast. Oh noes! The PUFAs! STFU PUFA police, you don't own me!

Think I'll also eat it with some greek yogurt. Later today, I may cook up some liver because, y'know, blood loss.

And tonight: steak. Steak steak steak. Gimme that steak.

Putting off my Whole30 a week because we need to do some drinking on Saturday. My best friend was also in the hospital this weekend because her baby girl had an infection. Ugh. We need drinks, and we need them this weekend.
    Gee, Steph, d'ya think? This is not the time to be strict with anything. This is the time to cut loose. Fuck yeah!

Your experiences are very similar to what I went through. Reading it brings back tears I thought I was long since past having.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      Gee, Steph, d'ya think? This is not the time to be strict with anything. This is the time to cut loose. Fuck yeah!

Your experiences are very similar to what I went through. Reading it brings back tears I thought I was long since past having.
      I'm sorry, PB.
      Steph
      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Went to work today. Going to pull a half day then head home.

Leftover ground beef, eggs, and onions for breakfast. Some radish kimchi that may be a bit too funky for me, but I want to get some good stuff in my gut after all the medications. Also snarfed down a nectarine from the farmer's market that had that lucious "eat me!" perfume, and some more blueberries and blackberries. Planning to do zucchini "spaghetti" for dinner, or maybe some shrimp with baby tomatoes and basil. We'll see!

A little more bleeding today, but no cramping/contractions or pain. As per the ER, I have constipation due to the hydromorphone (hence the kimchi and yogurt), and that's causing me more pain than anything. :P

Despite all this, I am still looking forward to the next attempt. Go stubborn refusal to quit!
        Steph
        My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• *hugs*

With mine the embryo was the first thing to come out (I know, I was digging in the toilet bringing up big handfuls of clots of tissue and looking). It looked like a little gray seahorse and after Hubby had a peek (I'm sure I was straight for a horror film with blood running down my hands...and legs...and everywhere) I was finally able to say goodbye.

I think I lost my mind a little bit after that because I kept yelling from the bathroom "Oh. My. God. Honey! You HAVE to see this!!" and it would be the biggest mess of nasty stuff. I think I almost made him barf but I was laughing like mad. Sometimes the body is so freaking disgusting its cool. (Also, I was on some super-duper pain meds.)

Thank you for sharing your experience. It is heartening to know that others make bad jokes and laugh at their bodies during this time. *hugs* This crud stinks but here's for trying again!!
          See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Comment

• Oh yeah. When chunks of you are falling out on the floor and the blood is gushing like something out of a horror movie...you really have two choices: laugh or cry.

I choose to laugh, as long as I've still got the energy for it.

Also, quite a few times I would go into the bathroom, there'd be a huge gush and I'd yell, "What the...seriously? SERIOUSLY???" Like I was in a sitcom, or something. :P

Me: "Pieces of me keep falling out! I feel like a zombie!"

Him: "I think you mean a leper."

Me: "Zombies are cooler. I FEEL LIKE A ZOMBIE."

Thanks for stopping by, Kaylee. *hugs*
            Steph
            My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Oh hey, hydromorphone/Dilaudid, you say you cause constipation? Well, MEET NATURAL CALM. That's right, motherfucker. Magnesium citrate FTW.

No doctor's appointment this morning; he's busy delivering babies. The nerve! Well, actually, I guess it's okay. OB's doing actual deliveries is kind of cool, even if it means I have to reschedule. If it comes to me needing to use a hospital, this is the kind of doctor I'll want.

I ate a ton of clams last night and I feel better. Still headachey, still tender, but not as woozy and lightheaded. Came home from work yesterday and slept for an hour until Mr. Onalark came home, and after dinner I went straight to bed. Would have loved to get 8 solid hours but oh well. Hopefully tonight.

I can tell Mr. Onalark is feeling like he should be able to DO something. The litterbox is being cleaned regularly, the dishes are scrubbed and put away...I wish I could give him some quest to go on that would magically fix things, but alas. I don't think he realizes how much just "being there" counts.

Tonight I will finally have my shrimp and baby tomatoes! I swear it!
              Steph
              My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Boyfriend was on pain killers after shoulder surgery and would not listen to any of my advice, like taking magnesium to combat the constipation instead of your standard OTC laxative. Silly man.

Have you considered taking any iron supplements? I know your body probably will/may bounce back normally, but I'm sure that's not quite the same as the regular monthly blood loss. I was just thinking of post-miscarriage supplementation in the same vein as post-birth supplementation. Some ladies use encapsulated placenta, others just use iron supplements. Anyway, sounds like you're taking good care of yourself, but I'm all about preventative care (as in, no fainting or iron deficiency for Onalark, please!)

Mr. Onalark seems like a great dude. I can't imagine what things are like from his end, but I'm sure he will sort through it in his own way and time.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  Have you considered taking any iron supplements?
                  They tend to make me sick. I prefer to just eat massive amounts of meat. So far, no issues with that, and today I'm feeling way, way better. I also semi-suspect the medications were still bouncing around in my system. Though they did great things for pain management, there have to be side effects with that stuff.

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  Mr. Onalark seems like a great dude. I can't imagine what things are like from his end, but I'm sure he will sort through it in his own way and time.
                  He is. I lurv him. I'm also encouraging him to spend Friday with my stepdad for some "guy time". I figure he could use a break from "guess what's gushing out of my body this week!"-type stuff.
                  Steph
                  My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaylee99 View Post
                    Thank you for sharing your experience. It is heartening to know that others make bad jokes and laugh at their bodies during this time. *hugs* This crud stinks but here's for trying again!!
                    Amen.

Comment

• We had Korean BBQ for lunch, which is great and filling and primal! and full of kimchi and now I want to sleep.

Sleeping of which: I got about 9 hours last night. No heartburn, no nightmares, no waking up to pee...it's been a while since that's happened. I think with a couple more nights like that I could be back to "normal".

I AM starting a Whole 30 on Monday...but first I'm going drinking on Saturday because it'll be my last drink for a while and I really do love Campari on the rocks. The older I get, the more bitter I like my drinks....

Dinner was meh last night. I had to cover it in sambal oelek to enjoy. No idea what I'm making tonight. I have a pound of ground beef in the fridge, so...something with that. :P
                      Steph
                      My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by onalark View Post
                        I really do love Campari on the rocks. The older I get, the more bitter I like my drinks....
                        I haven't had Campari in years. My Mom used to drink that stuff. I remember thinking it was horribly bitter but it might taste good now that I eat 100% cocoa chocolate. Hmm. Worth another try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          I haven't had Campari in years. My Mom used to drink that stuff. I remember thinking it was horribly bitter but it might taste good now that I eat 100% cocoa chocolate. Hmm. Worth another try.
                          Campari and soda water. Good stuff. I usually drink it in negronis: Campari + Gin + Sweet Vermouth, shaken, on the rocks.

I'm also a fan of Campari's less boozy little sister, Aperol.

Neither are primal, but that's why Mark gave us 20%.
                          Steph
                          My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Yummmmm! My Whole30 ends next Saturday and I can't WAIT for a piece of dark chocolate. A drink sounds lovely as well.

PS-My OB said to munch on liver to help restore iron and blood levels. I hate live so I didn't, but I love that I have a primal OB

FYI-you're gonna bleed forever. I thought I was done and suddenly started again today. AHHHHHHH!!!!! Dammit. Doc thinks its an actual period just wonky because of everything. More blood tests tomorrow to make sure. Yippie.

*hugs* Sound like you've got a great guy there!
                            See what I'm up to: The Primal Gardener

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaylee99 View Post
                              Yummmmm! My Whole30 ends next Saturday and I can't WAIT for a piece of dark chocolate. A drink sounds lovely as well.

PS-My OB said to munch on liver to help restore iron and blood levels. I hate live so I didn't, but I love that I have a primal OB

FYI-you're gonna bleed forever. I thought I was done and suddenly started again today. AHHHHHHH!!!!! Dammit. Doc thinks its an actual period just wonky because of everything. More blood tests tomorrow to make sure. Yippie.

*hugs* Sound like you've got a great guy there!
                              Hah. My OB just gave me some iron pills. I should probably break out the liver from the freezer.

The bleeding is in fits and bursts at this point, and the ultrasound today looked good. I'm hoping we're nearing the end times. I miss special adult snuggle times with Mr. Onalark.
                              Steph
                              My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Wasn't terribly hungry after KOREAN BBQ OVERLOAD ZOMG, and the power went out just as I got home, so we went and had Thai and I ate a papaya salad with a couple shrimp on it. Then we came home and lit candles and commented on how nice it is to just listen to the rain...then the power came back. And I went to bed. The end.

As previously mentioned, the follow-up ultrasound looks good. Empty uterus. I think I saw a little "FOR RENT" sign in there when the OB was poking around.

Looking forward to sleeping a metric crap-ton this weekend and maybe doing a little housework. I don't have anything I want to "make" for fun. Though now that I think about it, I haven't had a nice tri-tip in a while....
                                Steph
                                My Primal Meanderings

Comment

Working...
                                X