No announcement yet.

Primal Journal :: LucyH

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You wrote " I don't feel like for the amount going in, enough is coming out, if you know what I mean. And I'm not very regular, and sometimes I just have to sit and wait a little while for anything to happen. It's not like I'm severely constipated, it just seems like the pipes are taking awhile to adjust to the different nutrition they're getting. Maybe I'll try to eat some coconut oil today and see if that helps."

You are not alone. BMs will be smaller and less frequent, and may take a bit longer to make an appearance. This is normal from what I understand (andd have experienced personally). I only go now every 2 or 3 days. It felt wierd at the start, but doesn't bother me now. I've upped my coconut intake (from none to a tablespoon or so a day) and occasionally take a calcium/magnesium supplement in the evening (when I remember).

If the coconut doesn't help move things along, apparently changing your 'pooping posture' to more of a squatting one will help. You'll need one of those small plastic step stools (or a couple of books) to raise your feet while you're sitting, and then lean forward a little. I haven't tried this, but did consider it at one point before things improved enough so it wasn't an issue.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Hi Lucy,
      I live more towards the center of town but I go hiking out in the east county all the time. Where exactly do you live? Maybe we could do a hike sometime.

Robin

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        Hi Lucy,
        I live more towards the center of town but I go hiking out in the east county all the time. Where exactly do you live? Maybe we could do a hike sometime.

Robin
        I live in Pine Valley, where all have you gone hiking? I've really only hiked the Pine Creek trail, I usually take my dog for walks in the meadow in the middle of the valley. Let me know when you'll be out that way!
        My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
          You are not alone. BMs will be smaller and less frequent, and may take a bit longer to make an appearance. This is normal from what I understand (andd have experienced personally). I only go now every 2 or 3 days. It felt wierd at the start, but doesn't bother me now. I've upped my coconut intake (from none to a tablespoon or so a day) and occasionally take a calcium/magnesium supplement in the evening (when I remember).
          Thanks Belinda! Things are a little smoother today I think the coconut might be helping, but I will keep the other ideas in mind if I continue to have difficulties.

Comment

So I decided to join the May 30 day challenge since this is my second month, and I'm ready to get a little stricter now that I seem to have made it through my carb flu.

My goals for the next 30 days:
            1. No diet soda
            2. No nuts
            3. Limit fruit to berries
            4. Limit dairy to HWC, grass-fed butter/ghee, and very occasionally cheese (I know it's still a lot, but my northern european DNA means that dairy doesn't bother me )
            5. IF a minimum of 20 hours twice (later in the 30 days, I'm still working up to that )
            6. Walk, walk, walk, every single day, always outside so I can get my vitamin D
            7. LHT twice a week

Comment

Why yes, I did just eat pork rinds and salsa for dinner, along with a bowl of strawberries. It was late and I wasn't that hungry. No picture of that fancy meal

Comment

I ate quite well yesterday, although I probably could have skipped dinner. I don't usually get home before 7, and last night it was after 8, so by the time I cook and do all the little things I need to do, I don't eat until 9. I'm wondering if eating late causes insomnia? The last couple nights I've gone to bed at a reasonable hour (10-10:30), but I wake up at 3:30 or 4 with mini anxiety attacks. I'm going to try skipping dinner or keeping it very light.

Yesterday I ate:
                Breakfast: Sausage and egg breakfast bites (I thought they were okay, my husband LOVED them), I think I'm going to do them as muffins next time, I think I cooked them too long and they were dry
                Lunch: A burger bowl at The Counter, so that was my one lunch out per week. I love that I can get something like this. I don't think the meat is grass-fed, but it is natural/antibiotic & hormone free.
                Dinner: Seared ahi tuna with wasabi cream and zucchini fritters:

Walking was limited to parking far away while running around at a couple different shopping centers while running errands at lunch and after work. I think I may need to go to a chiropractor, my back feels a little tweaked.

I also discovered Kombucha, which I think will take care of my diet soda cravings, it's delicious! I may need to learn to make some myself.

Comment

I think I just ate way too much lunch. It was super delicious, but so rich, and I think I'm going to take a break from dairy for the next week or so. Last night I made dinner (even though I wasn't eating), so that's what I brought for my lunch today. It was a stuffed mushroom, and then a watercress & mushroom salad with a creamy horseradish dressing:

I love mushrooms, but this was just too many at once

For the stuffed mushroom:
                  Remove the stem from a portobello mushroom.
                  Chop that, along with some onion, garlic, celery, zucchini and spinach. Mix up with some ground meat (I used pork), and an egg and season with salt, pepper, and dried oregano. Mound this mixture into a couple portobello mushrooms and bake at 400 degrees for around 40 minutes, until done!

Comment

Creamy horseradish dressing?! Did you make that?! I'm in heaven right now just thinking about it.

My latest 30 day PB assessment

Comment

I did! I sauteed some shallots and garlic in a little butter, then blended it with horseradish, and a little cream and sour cream. I love horseradish

Comment

I LOVE horseradish. And shallots. That sounds SOOOOOO good. I'm gonna try it. THANK YOU!

Beautiful photos, too.

My latest 30 day PB assessment

Comment

Thanks! I like taking pictures of food
                          I think I'm going to have a little of that horseradish dressing with my steak tonight too, but then I'm going to take a break from all the dairy. But I am going to enjoy it tonight!

Comment

Okay, my lunch yesterday did not make me feel good. Too many mushrooms, I think. I really didn't want to eat anything when I got home, but then my tummy started growling, so I just had some sweet potato fries (half a sweet potato, cooked in coconut oil). I'll have my steak tonight

This week has been full of minor stresses and on top of that I think I'm developing a raging case of PMS. It varies from month to month, but this is a bad one. Despite all that, I've slept well the past couple days, and thank heavens it's Friday, because I am out of steam.

Comment

Mother's Day was crappy, but I'm not even going to mention it here. I'll just move on to Monday, when I got right back on track and ate some very good food, including a little chicken piccata and asparagus for dinner:

Comment

Okay, so much for not mentioning Mother's Day. It was stressful and I ate crappy food (White mocha latte, See's candy, Panda Express). And now, three days later, I'm still up 4 pounds. Which just seems ridiculous. Yes, it was crappy food, but it wasn't huge amounts. Overall, I don't even see how I could have even consumed more calories than I normally do. I am frustrated, but still determined. I think that what is most disappointing for me right now is that I am still trying to figure out just what I should be eating to lose weight. I get that I may also be gaining muscle, but I have a good 70 pounds to lose, so I don't think it's too much to expect the scale to be moving downward. I've been eating very well, and eating far fewer calories than when I was eating a SAD. Blergh.

Comment

Working...
                                X