No announcement yet.

AJs 2nd try at PB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok. Here is what i ate the last three days as best as i can remember.

Friday:
    B: 2 pieces of bacon 16oz of green tea
    L: 6-8 skinny steaks
    S: chicken breast and carrots

Saturday:
    B: half a banana and tbl of almond butter, 16oz of green tea
    L: flank steak cooked in EVOO
    S: Ham and broccoli/cheese casserole, 1 sip of champagne. (not sure what was in the casserole but i am assume just broccoli/cheese and maybe some sour cream or milk. I had a couple plates of Ham so I probably had too much.
    Also had 2 glasses of red wine at the end of the day.

Sunday:
    B: IF
    L: Turkey and Ham, 1/2 a sweet potato, and 1 scoop of mashed potatoes, 1 sip of champagne
    S:Ham and Turkey, 1 piece of American cheese
    Also had 2 glasses of wine throughout the day.

Comment

I feel like I did good for my first holiday on PB. I had to go to two Easter dinners and the worst things that I ate were a little of homemade mashed potato/sweet potato and some fruity wine. I am sure the wine was not the healthiest, it was sweet. i think they were rose, strawberry, or sangria. I am not sure I did not see the bottles.
      Last edited by AverageJoe; 04-25-2011, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Well after one week here are my updated stats:

Weight:255 (so that is 7lbs lighter)
        Waist:44 3/4 (so about 1/4" smaller)

Most importantly I feel fine. I am not always hungry or struggling to stay on track. I am happy with the results, I realize that some of the weight is water weight. I am going to try and start to do some mini workouts this week (pushups/squats/planks).

Comment

Amazing Progress!! and Woo hoo for the first holiday on PB !!! I started mine like 5 days before X-mas.. :| those holidays seem to get right in the way of things eh??
          "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
          Currant: 136 lbs
          Goal: 125 lbs
          11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

Yesterday's Meals
            B: banana and almond butter and 16oz of green tea
            L: ham and apples ( tried to make a sauce. heavy cream, cinnamon, water, butter) it was just ok, too much butter.
            Snack: 4 pieces of bacon
            Supper: pineapple, turkey, cheese
            Snack: another slice of pinapple

I know too much pineapple but I was craving sweets for some reason.
            Last edited by AverageJoe; 04-26-2011, 09:32 AM.

Comment

I tried to make blueberry muffins from a recipe w/ coconut flour and coconut milk. The milk smelled rancid when i opened it. so i threw away both cans and threw out the muffins. =(

I was struggling yesterday, all i wanted was things that i could not have. So i settled on bacon and pineapple, it seemed to do the trick. Today has been better so far.

B: banana/almond butter and 16oz of green tea.

Comment

Well it has been awhile since I last posted. I have been busy at work/home. I work in I.T. so i rarely go on the computer when i am home. I have stayed true to PB and have not deliberately cheated. If i did eat something not PB it was unknown to me, so am sure i have followed 80/20 rule. Anyway, I weighed in again last Monday. I was down 5 more lbs.

Weight:250 lbs.
                Waist: about 43"
                B.P.: 130/92 and 130/93

I have enjoyed trying new recipes. I made the primal barbeque sauce for the chicken and ribs that ate. I also made coconut/blueberry muffins and used some heavy whip cream and blueberries for a treat.

Comment

Well another week down. Here are my current stats:

Weight: 246
                  Waist: about 42"
                  B.P. 127/93 and 128/95

The primal eating has been going good. The hardest part is when I do not have time to go to the store and low on food. I need to get more into the other aspects of being primal. I need to start walking more and lifting heavy things. Anyway, work is very busy and stressful so i am not surprised my weight loss was only 4 pounds. I am actually surprised that I lost 4 pounds b/c I have been eating too much fruit/heavy cream.

Comment

Wow! You're making great progress.
                    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
                    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
                    CW: 146.8 lbs
                    GW 140 lbs
                    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

After 4 weeks:

Weight:262 - 243 lbs -down 19lbs
                      Waist:45" - 41.5 " - down 3.5 "
                      B.P. 119/88 and 121/82 -down from 140/101 and 133/96

I am happy with my progress. All the changes have currently just been from eating P.B. I have not started working out yet. I plan to start working out this week:

I am planning to start slow. When i commute to the office it is about 5 blocks after i get off the train. So that is about 10 blocks to and from the train which is about 1 mile. So on the days I do not go to the office i will walk 1 mile. So my schedule will look like:

Monday: walk 1 mile/pushups/plank
                      Tuesday: walk 1 mile/squats/plank
                      Wednesday: office
                      Thursday: office
                      Friday: walk 1 mile/pushups/plank
                      Saturday: walk 1mile/squats/plank
                      Sunday: off

I know this routine is pathetic but i want to start off easy and make working-out part of my routine.

Comment

So far the working out is not going good. Again I have not done anything this week. I need to figure out the best time for me to workout. First i will state the obvious. On the days that i go into the office i am tired in the morning. I get up early 5am so that i can leave work early and pick up my son from daycare. When i get home around 530 I hang out with my son, then feed him, then give him a bath, then my wife comes home around 7 and we put him to bed around 730. Then my wife and i still need to eat dinner. At night the last thing i want to do is to workout before bed. Especially because i have usually already showered and am winding down from the day. Anyway, i am not making excuses. It is my fault that i don't workout. I am thinking the best thing may be to just workout on the days that i work from home or the weekends. Otherwise my thoughts are to do a quick workout. Maybe just do sets or pushups/planks every morning when i wake up. Work my way up to 100 for pushups and an a couple mins for planks. I am not sure what is a good time for planks. Anyway i am just rambling, so i will stop. I happy to hear thoughts/advice from anyone.

Comment

Finally started working out a little.
                          Sat:
                          set1-20 jj 20 pu 20 sec plank
                          set2-15 jj 15 pu 15 sec plank
                          Sun:
                          set3-10 jj 10 pu 10 sec plank
                          Mon:
                          set3-10 jj 10 pu 10 sec plank

Comment

Also i should mention i have a bad lower back. I am hoping that losing weight and gradually working is going to fix it. I went to the doctor multiple times and they are no help. They just give me an anti-inflammatory and pain pill. They say that i have arthritis in my back. I don't believe them, my back has always been fine and did not start hurting until I tweaked it one time helping someone move. It has never been the same since. I back is functional but i experience pain every day.

Tues:
                            set1-20 jj 20 convict squat 20 sec plank
                            set2-15 jj 15 convict squat 15 sec plank
                            set3-10 jj 10 convict squat 10 sec plank

Comment

Another week down.

My weight yesterday was 238lbs. So that 24 lbs since i started PB.

I was able to do light workouts most of last week and then do some yardwork on the weekend. PB works for me, i can easily watch what i eat w/o having to count calories and i do not need to workout that much. I still need to workout more than i do now but I am just happy that i feel like i can stick with PB for a long period of time. Hopefully the rest of my life.

Comment

I think this will be 7 weeks down. I lost a couple more pounds this week.

Weight 236 lbs.
                                B.P. 122/88

I am definitely not losing weight as quickly as before, but I am happy that i am still losing. I am still not working out as much as i would like to but anything is better than nothing. So for me being P. B. is still a work in progress but I am happy with what i have done so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X