A Primal Dietitian??? Martha T.'s Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're doing great! I'm sure you'll make your birthday goal
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

Boot Camp Day 9: 143.5 lbs, down another lb after 4 days at the same weight. Feeling great. I made lamb stew last night for dinner with lean stewing lamb, bison bone broth from my freezer, 2 large parsnips (a new veg experience for me and one I'm liking), an onion, some bacon fat for sauteeing the onion and meat, and then lots of baby spinach and fresh cilantro thrown in at the end. It was an interesting combination of flavours that I really enjoyed. The remainder will be my lunch today. And I'm driving past the best grocery store for buying thick cut liver today, so that's what's on the menu for tonight. When hubby is away, younger son and I have a big liverfest!

Comment

Boot Camp Day 10: Weight 143.5 again today. That's fine if it's settling at a lower level. We had our feed of liver last night - yummy. With fiddleheads on the side - extra yummy! Such a short-lived treat!

Comment

Boot Camp Day 11: 143.5 lbs for 3rd day. All good. I leave in a few minutes for a 3 day road trip to my son's Provincial championship for Special Olympics Floor Hockey. Staying with a friend, as I'm just a spectator for a change (I'm usually team manager on these trips - major stress!) It's definitely going to be a challenging couple of days food-wise. I'm hoping for no significant gain in the next 3 days. Definitely not likely to continue with the loss.

Comment

Boot Camp Day 12: I"m staying at the home of a friend, for 3 days while my son plays in a Provincial Special Olympics Floor Hockey Championship, so I have no way to weigh myself or too much control over my food. But lo and behold, her hubby is eating mainly meat and veggies in an attempt to lose weight, so our supper last night was chicken pieces and two salads. I had brought a pie as a gift, but had none.

Yesterday morning, after I had driven 2 hours to drop the two athletes off to meet their bus to the tournament, I ate my breakfast of a cold leftover homemade hamburger, while sitting in the car in a parking lot, then went off to do some shopping and stuff in this larger town. I dodn't end up eating my lunch (salad from home with avocado and tuna) until almost 3 p.m., with no discomfort at all. Amazing the power of one burger!

Today will be a bit more challenging, as I have pretty much exhausted my supply of home food. But I can make eggs here at my friends (they've all gone off to work, so it's just me and the dog), and I'll figure out lunch later. Supper is planned to be BBQ and asparagus. And a big walk with girlfriend and the dog after supper.

Only cheat is alcohol. I had a beer yesterday, and will likely have wine tonight. Oh, well...

Comment

Boot Camp Day 13: Believe it or not, despite spending the day being a spectator at a sports competition held at a college campus and staying with friends, I had an almost perfect Primal day yesterday. Home alone for breakfast (they all had to work early), I made a cheese omelet in butter and coffee with cream. Lunch was the remains of my home-brought food - an avocado and small tin of tuna in olive oil. I bought tea. Supper turned out to be enormous pork chops stuffed with sausage and asparagus. Doesn't get much more primal than that!! And a 5K walk in the evening.

Today won't be so easy. Quick breakfast before early competition, no more of my own food, so lunch will be purchased likely. But supper will be the remainder of the pork chop, eaten in the car on the way home.

Can't wait to weigh in tomorrow to see how I survived the weekend.

Comment

Boot Camp Day 14: 142.5 lbs. That's down a lb from 3 days ago, and down 7.5 lbs in the past 2 weeks (3lbs of that was post weekend bloat). And that's after a weekend roadtrip! Yesterday, I had nothing but a Tim Horton's (coffee shop) for my meal options, so I bought a chicken salad sandwich and ate the middle out of the very fresh bun. Kind of hard, but not really. Seemed wasteful, but then, I'm not wearing that bread, so I guess I'm OK with it. I did eat chicken noodle soup, though, the only soup choice available. I didn't get on the road for the trip home until after 5 p.m., so I ate macademia nuts and mixed dried fruit on and off for most of the 5 hour drive.

Can't believe that I managed to lose weight while away - I'm so impressed with that fact that I posted on the Share a Triumph thread!

Edit: I have been recording my weight on Livestrong.com most days since I started eating more primally in late Oct, starting with a post-European-trip, post-weekend high weight of 157 lbs. I noticed today when entering 142.5 lbs that I have now matched my lowest point, also 142.5, on Jan 13th. From now on, I"m into new weight territory for the last couple of years - yeah for me!!
                Last edited by marthat; 06-12-2011, 06:40 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

yay! well done Martha!
                  Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!

F/49/5'4"
                  GW 140 lbs

Comment

Thanks, Belinda! How did your countdown to your birthday go? Happy 49th BTW!

Comment

I made it to 158.8, but I was back at 159 this morning! I attribute that to eating mangoes with my berries for the last couple of days so I won't do that anymore. Plus the 300 calorie ice cream bar I ate probably didn't help either

F/49/5'4"
                      GW 140 lbs

Comment

How do you like Livestrong for keeping records? I'm not really trusting FitDay's food stats, and some of the others (like SparkPeople) just don't work for me.
                        Durp.

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
                          I made it to 158.8, but I was back at 159 this morning! I attribute that to eating mangoes with my berries for the last couple of days so I won't do that anymore. Plus the 300 calorie ice cream bar I ate probably didn't help either
                          Good for you! Starting the next year in the 150's - that's great!

My scale only measures on the whole and half lb. It's enough detail for me, as the tiny fluctuations can make one crazy. A Dixie cup of water weighs 3 oz, more than the difference between yesterday's and today's weights for you. No biggie!

Comment

Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                            How do you like Livestrong for keeping records? I'm not really trusting FitDay's food stats, and some of the others (like SparkPeople) just don't work for me.
                            I have used Livestrong for daily food journalling, and it works fine - great database, even for Canadian items. But I can't keep up with the daily journalling, drives me crazy after a while. But I use the daily weight tracking feature. I just use the basic free features. I have entered several of my own recipes and then been able to track consumption of them - that part is useful.

Comment

Maybe I'll switch. Thanks!
                              Durp.

Comment

Boot Camp Day 13: 144.5 Major rebound, though I can't see why. Other than the fact that I had no real supper the night before the low weight yesterday. Or the evening of eating dried fruit and nuts (car food) is coming back to bite me. But yesterday was just about perfect - even had only an avocado at mid-day, not very hungry after a bacon and egg breakfast. Oh, well, this too shall pass.
                                Interestingly, I checked my % body fat this morning after finding an unexplained 2 lb weight gain, and it's down another % to a new low. That would indicate some fluid retention. Yesterday was a bit salty - that may explain it. Tomorrow will tell.
                                Last edited by marthat; 06-13-2011, 04:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X