X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tanyayogi View Post
    Ok thanks! 1 square/day?
    hmmmmm maybe you wanna hear from.... more chocolaholics
    "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
    Currant: 136 lbs
    Goal: 125 lbs
    11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

DAY 4: 4/16

GOALS: Cut carbs to 100g or less. Focus on eating more protein and not giving into sugar cravings.

Breakfast: 1 almond pancake with 30g 70% cocoa chocolate + 1/4 banana + carrot-orange juice = 70g carbs (oops...oranges have so many carbs!!!)

Snack: 1 fistful of nuts = 20-30g

Lunch: salmon carpaccio with olive oil and some parmesan shavings + cod(fish) ceviche with coconut milk, cilantro, onion, tomato + blueberry-raspberry-strawberry-ginger-mint smoothie = 5-10g

Snack: uh oh...1/2 cup of nonfat chocolate frozen yogurt + 1 tbsp coconut milk with chai tea = 20-30g

Dinner: none

Exercise: walking for 3 hours (shopping!)

TOTAL: 140g carbs WHY CAN'T I GET UNDER 140???

ASSESSMENT: I gave into chocolate froyo...very unprimal (lots of sugars and very processed and nonfat). Other than that it was a good day. I got some walking + plenty of Vitamin D in, all done with 50+ SPF. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO GET MY CARBS TO 100g OR UNDER?! ALSO: new jeans size hell yeah I can finally fit into 25 again!!!

PRIMAL RATING: maybe 7/10

Last edited by tanyayogi; 04-16-2011, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tanyayogi View Post
        TOTAL: 140g carbs WHY CAN'T I GET UNDER 140???
        Perhaps try cutting the juice altogether and just stick with water .. ?
        "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

11 more lbs to go

Comment

Originally posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
          Perhaps try cutting the juice altogether and just stick with water .. ?
          You're right. That OJ really ruined it for me! Otherwise was my day pretty Primal? Other than the froyo, I should've skipped that too.

Comment

hmm if you can find Full Fat ... It would be better ( Thats what I hear anyways .. Less processing) but where can you find full fat frozen yogurt? I think you could probably make your own for a special treat, just gotta find some Full Fat .. I think if you do a seach through the forums it'll give you more details on the FF yogurts/ dairy products ..

and I think Mark wrote a blog on carbs recently .. I'll go find it for you .. Have you bought the Primal Blueprint book yet? I'm just reading it.. Lots of interesting info in it ..

Other then that it sounds great , your taken to the primal life wonderfully ( And your almond pancakes sound delish! ) ..

11 more lbs to go

Comment

Originally posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
              hmm if you can find Full Fat ... It would be better ( Thats what I hear anyways .. Less processing) but where can you find full fat frozen yogurt? I think you could probably make your own for a special treat, just gotta find some Full Fat .. I think if you do a seach through the forums it'll give you more details on the FF yogurts/ dairy products ..

and I think Mark wrote a blog on carbs recently .. I'll go find it for you .. Have you bought the Primal Blueprint book yet? I'm just reading it.. Lots of interesting info in it ..

Other then that it sounds great , your taken to the primal life wonderfully ( And your almond pancakes sound delish! ) ..
              Thanks for all the advice. I'm gonna check out YOUR journal now!
              No I haven't bought it yet as I would get taxed like a bazillion dollars to get it shipped to Argentina. I'll buy it once I move to the States or maybe when I go to NYC in June. Yeah full fat does NOT exist here. I think I'll just keep it the occasional indulgence for now. At least it isn't *GASP* a BAKED GOOD! DUN DUN DUNNNNN.

Comment

Ok for real nowww

I'm DONE with feeling miserable about my carb content! I've been Primal for 1 week almost but really not 100%, maybe 80% (which I know is good!) - so that's it. I've been off wheat for over 2 weeks but that hasn't been enough.
                Tomorrow is the day I eat 90g carbs (MAX!). Here's the plan - tell me if you see any downfalls in sight.

DAY 5 PLAN: 4/17

GOALS: Cut carbs to 90g or less. Do bodyweight exercises and 1 hour 20 minutes of ashtanga yoga upon waking. Listen to my body: eat when hungry, stop when not. Ignore cravings or drink 1 spoonful balsamic vinegar/green tea/water. Count carb, protein, and fat grams to calculate nutrient ratio.

Breakfast: 1 almond pancake with ~15g 70% cocoa chocolate + 1/4 banana + 1/2 tablespoon of honey = 20g carbs, 18g fat, 6g protein

Lunch: grilled salmon with a side of veggies = 5g carbs, 12g fat, 22g protein

Snack: 1/2 cup nut mix (almonds/walnuts/hazelnuts/pumpkin seeds/a tiny bit of dried banana/tiny chunks of dried apple/some dried blueberries/some raisins) OR 1/2 cup almond milk + 1 cup mixed berries smoothie = ABOUT 45g carbs, 32g fat, 15g protein

Dinner: 3-egg omelet with rosemary, paprika, cumin, garlic, onion, salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, spinach, arugula, cilantro, 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan OR 1 mozzarella ball = APPROXIMATELY 5g carbs, 42g fat, 33g protein

Exercise: 10-30 min session of bodyweight exercises and maybe 1 hour 20 mins ashtanga yoga OR 1 sprint

TOTAL: ~75g carbs (target: 50-90g) = 300 calories, 97g fat (target: 80-100g) = 873 calories, 73g protein (target: 70g) = 290
                Total calories: ~1,500 calories of which 58% are FAT, 20% are CARBS, 18% are PROTEINS

ASSESSMENT:

PRIMAL RATING:

If you have any comments, suggestions, critiques, please do let me know!!

__________________________________________________ _________________________________
                What I Ate:
                DAY 5: 4/17

GOALS: Cut carbs to 90g or less. Do bodyweight exercises and 1 hour 20 minutes of ashtanga yoga upon waking. Listen to my body: eat when hungry, stop when not. Ignore cravings or drink 1 spoonful balsamic vinegar/green tea/water. Count carb, protein, and fat grams to calculate nutrient ratio.

Breakfast: 1 almond pancake (3 tbsp almond meal + 1 egg) with ~15g 70% cocoa chocolate + 1/6 banana + 1/4 tablespoon of honey = 20g carbs, 18g fat, 6g protein

Snack: got sugar cravings, wasn't hungry, ate the following: 1/4 cup nut mix + 5 pc. dried banana w/ 1/2 tbsp almond butter + 1/2 avocado = 30g carbs, 45g fat, 18g protein

Lunch: smoked salmon salad (some sour cream & capers, greens) + grilled cod with lettuce = 5g carbs, 12g fat, 50g protein

Snack: 1 small square 70% chocolate (3g carbs, 3g fat, 0g protein) + full-fat storebought Greek yogurt (14g carbs, 8g fat, 5g protein) = 20g carbs, 11g fat, 5g protein

Dinner: none or a 2-egg omelet with tons of veggies, olive oil, and some parmesan shavings

Exercise: 2 sets of the 5 essential primal bodyweight movements (about 10-15 mins) = my first LHT session!

TOTAL: 75g carbs (target: 50-90), 96g fat (target: 80-100), 79g protein (target: 70-85)
                Last edited by tanyayogi; 04-18-2011, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Hola! Como andas? Hey! sorry to be random,
                  Are you just living in Buenos Aires temporarily, or are you from their? If so you are the first Argentinian I've met on the boards. I'm from Buenos Aires, but moved to the states (Florida) and wen't to University their too. I've also lived in New York
                  Last edited by Evita; 04-17-2011, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Evita View Post
                    Hola! Como andas? Hey! sorry to be random,
                    Are you just living in Buenos Aires temporarily, or are you from their? If so you are the first Argentinian I've met on the boards. I'm from Buenos Aires, but moved to the states (Florida) and wen't to University their too. I've also lived in New York
                    Hola Evita,
                    I've been living in BA for 2 years, my father is Argentine and my mother is Colombian. I grew up in Switzerland though and am moving to NY in the fall to start college How's Primal gone for you?

Comment

Yogurt is very easy to make. Just get some whole milk and some yogurt with live culture in it. Look for instructions on line. I haven't made in, oh, about 40 years.
                      Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by hedonist View Post
                        yogurt is very easy to make. Just get some whole milk and some yogurt with live culture in it. Look for instructions on line. I haven't made in, oh, about 40 years.
                        currently making full-fat greek yogurt :d

Comment

OH YEAH MY FIRST DAY OF UNDER 100G/CARBS!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOOOOO!!!
                          75g! YEAHHH. Even if I miscalculated stuff, it couldn't have been more than 25g of carbs miscalculated.
                          AND GUESS WHAT: no sugar cravings right now. A giant lunch of fish and a snack of full fat greek yogurt left me with NO DESIRE for suga.

Comment

BEFORE: (now), 117 lbs, 27% body fat (estimate), 5'1.5

AFTER: ? - my goal is to trim my body fat to 10%

Comment

Sorry for the giant pictures...

Comment

What a global life you have led so far! My dad is from Austria and I have some distant family in Switzerland
                                I love primal for it doesn’t demonize fat, offers alternative exercise philosophy and avoids heavily processed foods.

My deal would be that I too had eating disorders, and really messed my body(metabolism) and my mind. So I currently eat carbs like potatoes, polenta, brown rice etc, in moderation with all the food groups (fruit and sugar included) in an attempt to get back to normal-so I don’t really eat hardcore primal per-se. When I went super low-carb, I got a really flat stomach and quick weight loss do to water, but every-time I ate a carb my stomach would blow up, which it never did before. I also have been reading up on insulin resistance due to long term low-carbing.

I had gained weight when going to the United States ( to fix it I went on “diets” and over exercised, then got disordered) , most likely due to stress, lack of walking everywhere like I did in Argentina and the food is heavily processed, even the meats and fish are drastically different. You have to search far and wide and pay big for grassfed or ethically raised meats etc. I also don’t eat red meat anymore here but do eat wild caught fish New York City has good farmers market, so you will thrive

You look great In your pics, and Im sure you will reach your goals Keep us updated!

Comment

Working...
                                X