Journal: Yogi Goes Primal! (tanyayogi)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Modern Cave Women View Post
    I find with my sugar/ carb cravings I need to take a spoonful of coconut oil.. it stops the craving asap .. (YUMMY COCONUT OIL!)
    Can't find it here in Argentina will coconut milk do as a substitute? What about a spoonful of vinegar?

Comment

Originally posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
      Soccer and Yoga, FTW!
      Plus, you USED to weigh 100 lbs...when you were ill and needed help. I'm assuming it would be horrible for your health (both mental and physical) to get anywhere close to that weight again.
      Yeah, I don't want to be 100 lbs again but getting to 108-110 healthily is my goal or whatever really my goal is to lose lots and lots of fat, which might/might not mean weight loss too. I really don't know much about JUST losing fat I usually just lose fat/muscle/etc.
      Any advice on this?

Comment

Originally posted by tanyayogi View Post
        Can't find it here in Argentina will coconut milk do as a substitute? What about a spoonful of vinegar?
        I think you can order it online.. I have no idea about vinegar..*gag* hmmm magnesium helps with the chocolate cravings I heard... I don't know about the *sugar* cravings though
        "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
        Currant: 136 lbs
        Goal: 125 lbs
        11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

OK-
          that's it
          I'm going to STOP counting calories - as Mark says, not all calories are created equal. I will listen to my body (except when it's like MMM CHEESECAKE/BROWNIES/OREOS/SUGAAAAAAAAR/CARBS!) and eat until I feel satisfied (not full).

What about counting carb grams until I get a hang of it?

Comment

I think you can order it online.. I have no idea about vinegar..*gag* hmmm magnesium helps with the chocolate cravings I heard... I don't know about the *sugar* cravings though
            Haha, a spoonful of balsamic vinegar actually tastes pretty good - strong and tangy. Yeahh I don't think my mom will be too excited about ordering it online + Argentina HATES imports and taxes stuff ridiculously, like 50% of the original price. It's lame.
            I heard the vinegar thing helps regulate insulin/carby cravings/stuff/imbalance, haha. It was on the blog like 2-3 days ago.

Comment

Haha, a spoonful of balsamic vinegar actually tastes pretty good - strong and tangy. Yeahh I don't think my mom will be too excited about ordering it online + Argentina HATES imports and taxes stuff ridiculously, like 50% of the original price. It's lame.
              I heard the vinegar thing helps regulate insulin/carby cravings/stuff/imbalance, haha. It was on the blog like 2-3 days ago.
              ughh the smell of vinegar makes me ill to my stomach! but that was before when I lived the CW lifestyle.. Perhaps it's changed.. I'll have to look into that sometime ..
              "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

11 more lbs to go

Comment

OK-
                that's it
                I'm going to STOP counting calories - as Mark says, not all calories are created equal. I will listen to my body (except when it's like MMM CHEESECAKE/BROWNIES/OREOS/SUGAAAAAAAAR/CARBS!) and eat until I feel satisfied (not full).

What about counting carb grams until I get a hang of it?
                LOL your starting to sound like me when I'm writing in my journal! MMmM DOUGHNUTSSS..

11 more lbs to go

Comment

LOL your starting to sound like me when I'm writing in my journal! MMmM DOUGHNUTSSS..
                  Oh dear! When do they go away? And the carb counting? OK? Too obsessive and unprimal?

Comment

YESSS! No need to count the calories. Carbs shouldn't matter too much either as long as you're eating proper foods, but if it gives you peace of mind to count something, then go for it.

As far as exercise to lose the fat and increase muscle, you need to start doing some heavy lifting or at least body weight exercises. Check out Mark's free PB Fitness E-book for some ideas if you don't have access to a gym. Throwing in a sprint session once a week or once every other week would be beneficial as well.

Comment

Oh dear! When do they go away? And the carb counting? OK? Too obsessive and unprimal?
                      I'm not craving anymore.. I found .. DARK CHOCOLATE..

11 more lbs to go

Comment

YESSS! No need to count the calories. Carbs shouldn't matter too much either as long as you're eating proper foods, but if it gives you peace of mind to count something, then go for it.

As far as exercise to lose the fat and increase muscle, you need to start doing some heavy lifting or at least body weight exercises. Check out Mark's free PB Fitness E-book for some ideas if you don't have access to a gym. Throwing in a sprint session once a week or once every other week would be beneficial as well.
                        Yes Great Tips !!

11 more lbs to go

Comment

Some almond or sunflower butter may help with the sweets cravings...if you can do it with out going overboard on some 72% or up chocolate (1 small square).
                          I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                          Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                          "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

I do bodyweight exercises in yoga. Is that not enough? I do ashtanga yoga, the most vigorous kind, 1h20 mins about 4-6x/week. I will check it out! Thanks.
                            OK what exactly does the sprint consist of? Like running supppeeeer fast for 30 seconds and resting?

Comment

I'm not craving anymore.. I found .. DARK CHOCOLATE..
                              As did I! I've eaten it every day since going Primal. That ain't so primal :/

Comment

Originally posted by gojirama View Post
                                Some almond or sunflower butter may help with the sweets cravings...if you can do it with out going overboard on some 72% or up chocolate (1 small square).
                                Ok thanks! 1 square/day?

Comment

Working...
                                X