My Own Personal 30 Day Challege

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiftyfriggingfour years old today.

I think this day might have been REALLY DIFFERENT had I not decided a couple of months ago to start taking care of myself again. REALLY DIFFERENT. I am pretty sure my emotional state would have been somewhere between a vague sense of ennui and flat out incapacitated by depression. And making everyone around me somewhat miserable. And not just for the day. Probably the year and beyond.

Instead I had a pretty damn good day and I made a lot of people happier than they were.

I already said this on the old lady thread, but I walked 5.4 miles (a mile for every decade). It was really magical but unfortunately that didn't translate in the pictures. It might be partially the photographer's fault. LOL. Also had a GREAT dinner with the family - Ribs with a slightly non-primal BBQ sauce. They were OMG good.

Jumped on the scale again and not gonna stress about it but the weight is still stalled. Praying that I'll fit in my dress for my birthday dinner with Mr. LGN on Friday.

My latest 30 day PB assessment

Comment

• Happy Birthday!
      First whole30 started 26 April 2011

Goals: Vitality, Joy, Play
      (also look good doing pull-ups by my 40th birthday)

My Primal Journal

Comment

• Happy birthday!!!! I'll have to do that walk next year on my 36th birthday.

I also loved your post about the journey this has become for you. Totally awesome and that's how I feel now. You summed it up perfectly.
        Georgette

Comment

• Thanks, you guys.

I did another quick two miles early this AM and felt great. It's so amazing to have muscles again!

I think I posted earlier on this thread that I was a little taken aback by some posts on one of the threads on this forum saying that any woman who has children can have a tight-skinned belly. I basically delivered the weight of twins twice. Two pregnancies. Two beautiful girls. One 10lbs at birth and the other 11lbs. And my placentas were over 5lbs. (The average is 1.5lbs.) And I have a medium-small frame. No matter how low my body fat gets, I'm always going to have a little bit of extra skin there unless I win the lotto and get surgery. And you know what? This morning I decided I'm fine with that.

And I'm not going to let posts here rattle me about it anymore. Especially from young women who have yet to have children and men who never will.

I'm gonna wear that mommy-belly like a badge of honor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metta View Post
            Thanks, you guys.

I did another quick two miles early this AM and felt great. It's so amazing to have muscles again!

I think I posted earlier on this thread that I was a little taken aback by some posts on one of the threads on this forum saying that any woman who has children can have a tight-skinned belly. I basically delivered the weight of twins twice. Two pregnancies. Two beautiful girls. One 10lbs at birth and the other 11lbs. And my placentas were over 5lbs. (The average is 1.5lbs.) And I have a medium-small frame. No matter how low my body fat gets, I'm always going to have a little bit of extra skin there unless I win the lotto and get surgery. And you know what? This morning I decided I'm fine with that.

And I'm not going to let posts here rattle me about it anymore. Especially from young women who have yet to have children and men who never will.

I'm gonna wear that mommy-belly like a badge of honor.
            Totally badass as we say in our house. Hell you'll still be able to rock a bikini and look great!
            Georgette

Comment

• 10 and 11lbs! sheesh. Mine were a mere 9.5 each.

I may never again wear a bikini, but yes, I earned this belly, and I strive to wear it with pride.
              First whole30 started 26 April 2011

Goals: Vitality, Joy, Play
              (also look good doing pull-ups by my 40th birthday)

My Primal Journal

Comment

• When I had my first, I lost 20 lbs from morning sickness, then rapidly gained it back near the end of the pregnancy. Two years after that, I had my gall bladder out - a nice 8" horizontal incision from just above my navel to my right hip, that cut through several of my abdominal muscles, I think. I now have a wonderful set of stretch marks and a 'front-fanny-pack' from that pregnancy, and an 8" scar. I'll never wear a bikini (unless I win the lottery!).
                Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
                Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
                CW: 146.8 lbs
                GW 140 lbs
                A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Comment

• Is Champagne and caviar primal?

Comment

• Public Service Announcement: Asparagus and Eggs are made for one another. However, I just learned that it's MUCH better with butter than coconut oil. Much, MUCH, M-U-C-H.

Not my best primal meal...

Think I'm going to start tracking the foods again tomorrow. Sort of out of curiosity.

Oh, and fiftyfawkingfour isn't that bad so far. I fit into a (borrowed) Herve Leger dress for my birthday evening with Mr. LGN. Granted, I nearly friggin' dislocated both wrists pulling it on - but once that it was accomplished, it looked okay. Mr. LGN would say better than okay, I think. We went to a restaurant where there was chorizo coated halibut on the menu. How primal is that?! Fish cooked in pork! It's like they knew I was coming.

It was a better birthday than it would have been had I not gone primal... I have NO doubt about that.

Gonna be a really stressful couple weeks at work. Hoping that, at a minimum, it doesn't cause me to abandon the PB. And also, that there'll be some PB benefit I haven't yet discovered that will help me get through it.
                    Last edited by Metta; 05-22-2011, 09:33 PM. Reason: Perfectionism

Comment

• Following up on the post above, so far PB is NOT helping with the stress in that I feel deprived that I won't have time today to put a few miles under my feet.

That said, I had to change dresses this morning because I felt unprofessionally "sexy" in the first thing I put on. Now, THAT hasn't happened in a LONG time.

Comment

Following up on the post above, so far PB is NOT helping with the stress in that I feel deprived that I won't have time today to put a few miles under my feet.

That said, I had to change dresses this morning because I felt unprofessionally "sexy" in the first thing I put on. Now, THAT hasn't happened in a LONG time.
                        Try to do what you can when you can and don't sweat it.

I think its fracking awesome that you felt "unprofessionally" sexy! *high five*
                        Georgette

Comment

• Thanks. When I start to feel sexy like a pro, then that'll be a double high five.

Comment

• Looked at the front page of MDA today. OMG. There are some things that I just DON'T want to know. Seriously, I never expected this place to turn me into a vegetarian, but it may have happened.

Comment

Looked at the front page of MDA today. OMG. There are some things that I just DON'T want to know. Seriously, I never expected this place to turn me into a vegetarian, but it may have happened.
                              Why do you think I didn't read that post?
                              Georgette

Comment

• Been catching up on all of your journals. Don't know why I stayed away so long. Very motivating to see how you guys are doing - even when it's coping with the struggles.

Got insanely busy at work and then when it slowed down I got lazy. And I got a little consumed with the draaaaaaaaama that is my love life again. Ay yi yi.

All of this has caused me to be a little less faithful to PB than I was. I really think I am about 80/20 as a "slacker" but if I want to improve my fitness and appearance, I've got to buckle down and get disciplined. I'd be discouraged, but the fact is that even without much progress I'm SO much better than when I first started. Just yesterday I was walking up the back side of my hill (the other way to get to my house than the one I posted the photo of), which is also a substantial - though slower and easier grade - hill to walk, and I noticed I wasn't winded in the slightest and that my thighs were barely feeling strained. And I've been wearing crazy-sexy dresses on the weekend that would have had me in tears just trying to squeeze into a couple months ago. So, yeah, big difference.

My self-destructive side is causing me to be a little critical of the whole definition of "primal". I just thought I'd throw that out there to get it off my guilty conscious. Also, I need to remind myself that I should just pay attention to my own very first post here that modified "paleo" to "pregneo" and ... let it go. But, I need to be aware that I'm sort of setting myself up to abandon this because of stupid reasons. Making the confession public just to stay accountable and don't intend it as fuel for a flame war. And so I don't use my cynicism as an excuse to quit. I really do want to stay with this...
                                Last edited by Metta; 06-09-2011, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X