Primal Journal Maranne:)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Journal Maranne:)

In order to help me on my journey I decided to start a journal on here as well. There are many thoughts going through my head ranging from wanting to succeed to being afraid to make a fool of myself etc.

Anyway, let's get right into and see what happens

by the way....any comments are welcome.

M x

Day 1

B: warm lemon water, 1 slice of bacon, 1 fried egg in coconut oil

S:1 pear, 1 cup of tea with a splash of milk

L: 2 cups lettuce, peppers, cucumbers, chicken breast, avocado, olive oil and a bit of balsamico.

6 macademia nuts

D; to be decided yet

I am trying to lose some weight hence staying under 100 net carbs if possible. I am also drastically reducing my dairy intake.

M x

Just want to say good lck on your journaling and primal journey

Comment

Good luck Maranne, looks good so far, so what have you decided to have for dinner?

Comment

Its great to see another grokette journal - I find it helpful to compare intake with other women.

It looks like you eat very similarly to me . I look forward to reading more!

Comment

Thank you ladies! I thought it was about time to get more female input in this seemingly Alpha dominated primal lifestyle?

I am not sure about dinner yet since I have to go out tonight. Hopefully something along the lines of eggs, meat etc.

I also wanted to add that I walk everywhere which is my prime exercise. I walk to work and inside my school as well all day. I want to get back into resistance training which I gave up a while back due to my change in circumstances. We will see.

One of my other goals is to be kinder to myself and to go with the flow rather than beating myself up all the time about unrealistic targets.

Stress reducing is another one of those things I want to conquer in the near future!

Thanks again for your support!

M x

Comment

I usually have eggs for breakfast but this morning I made an Indian-style pilaf called Upma with Quinoa (not primal) for my non-primal vegetarian husband and decided to have the same. For lunch, 3 pieces of baked cod-marinated-with-parsley-cumin-garlic-paste topped w/ lemon slices. I also packed a small salad with a drizzle of olive oil, dash pepper and thick slice of Chevre, but I feel full and may have it later as a snack. For dinner, I plan to make goat curry. Will add some veggies to make it soup-like. Strawberries for snack/dessert.

Comment

Best of luck Maranne -- it is great to hear from another grokette.

I was wondering if you felt full after breakfast? My breakfasts seem to be either too little or too much. I haven't found a good balance yet.

Cheers, Conny

Comment

good luck girl!

actually, u don't need the luck at all, cuz you already have the knowledge of eating healthy.=D

u just need a little focus (which I lack of sometimes) during shopping...^^"

Comment

@harleysgirl...I am a bit undecided when it comes to breakfast at the moment. I used to be an avid muesli eater and I do miss it. I have no set routine at the mo, but usually have an egg, maybe some bacon and a bit of fruit or just leave it out. Somehow it doesn't seem to make a difference to my energy levels solely based on that one meal in the morning.

I ate out at a restaurant tonight and I had grilled steak and a few fries. I know, I know.....those damn fries! All in all the fat/protein/carb ratio is good and I am amazed how much I ate today. I really really felt the need to eat.

Let's see what tomorrow brings

M x

Comment

B: warm lemon water, 1 slice of bacon, 1 boiled egg

S:1 peach and a few strawberries, blueberries and cherries

L:1 cup lettuce, peppers,2 boiled eggs, avocado, olive oil, majo and some coconut flakes

S: 1 black tea with milk, tiny frue cheescake (40 g) and I know it is not primal

D: planning to have some stir fry beef with peppers and broccoli

Comment

I had a good day, mentally and physically. More energy and less tired! Not as hungry as yesterday either.

I have not started on an exercise programm per se yet. I do walk a lot. Every day to work and back and then all day within the building. I am praying that means something...hehe...

B: warm lemon water, 1 slice of bacon, 1 boiled egg

S:1 peach

L:1 cup lettuce, 1 tuna-egg-mix, 1 tea with a splash of cream

S: 1 black tea with a splach of cream, some cherries

D: salmon with lettuce and a bit of pineapple salsa

Comment

Since it is Friday I have decided to let loose a bit which led me down the path of carbs...it all started so innocently this morning and then....

B: lemon water, cup of tea, 1 egg, 2 bacon rashers

S: a few cherries, a few strawberries and blueberries

L: left over salsa with tuna and lettuce

S: here we go...cream slice, scone and tea

D: small portion of Red Thai beef curry+rice, 1 pimms cocktail

I don't feel too bad since my carbs are not over the moon and I know tomorrow is another day.

M x

Comment

Maranne, I used to have the same way of thinking “because it’s Friday” but it used to make me overindulge, now Friday is just like every other day and it has helped me stick to being primal.

By the way walking everywhere is great and my preferred form of cardio and I am a huge believer in incidental exercise and think this does make a difference (just look at the people around you who don’t move a lot during the day and see what they’re bodies are like).

Comment

Thanks Miriam! I know...that damn Friday mentality! I have only slipped into it in the last few years after having given up my freelance life and settling into a 9-5 routine in a job I now dislike, with too many boundaries etc. I can see that it is detrimental to my health in many aspects.

I am planning to return to my home country in the summer, change job direction, get a new place in the winter and take my lovely partner with me. So all is set into motion and hopefully things will get better.

I am not unhappy with my body as such but age does take its toll and I would like to be a bit leaner. Perhaps it is more on my mind because summer is almost here and the clothes are shed in favour of more skin.

One great thing about primal eating has to be my non existent migraines! What a relief that is I cannot begin to say. We will see if it stays that way.

M x

Comment

Hi everyone who is bothering reading this..

It has been a few days since my last post.

I have had a lot of stress at work and I could not find the time and energy to write all my meals down. Most of them were primal and in times of stress I like to apply the 20/80 rule....my carbs have been low to moderate and I am quite happy with it all in all.

I am in the process of organizing my return to Austria and there is a lot going on in terms of change, so bear with me if I don't post regularly.

Thanks

M x

Comment

Working...
                              X