No announcement yet.

Nature's Path of Well Being; Dana's Perspectives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's 2012, almost March and my bad eating habits have engulfed me into a frenzied attempt to release endorphins in an effort to make me feel better. Well, I know damn well enough that's not the way to do it! It's the same old story again only this time, I've added more sugary crap that ordinarily I never wanted in the first place. I'm jobless at the moment. I'm leaning heavily on my boyfriend for financial support and food, and he can't afford to keep that up at all. I am a wannabe Primal guru, but don't have the means to embrace it fully. I have had no choice but to go along with whatever he and his mom buy, which is conventional meats, veggies and packaged processed crapola. I guess that is the way it is now, and I just have to accept it for now and not beat myself up over it.
    "Achievement begins with belief."

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27309.html

Comment

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."
      - Winston Churchill

Good Luck
      And the meek shall inherit the earth.
      What good is a used up world, and how could it be worth having?

Comment

Originally posted by Guod View Post
        "Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."
        - Winston Churchill

Good Luck

Thank you! This is so helpful!

My boyfriend also wants to embrace the Primal Blueprint, but he LOVES bread, and seems to always want sugar after a meal. I'm not sure how to curb this. I expect as we progress with changing our diet, that eventually he won't even crave it over time as he'll be so satisfied.

I had him help me out by buying some groceries for myself at home a week ago. I needed something there so I wouldn't go out to eat so much with what little money I scrounge up. I'm very proud to say that my groceries consisted of primal goodness! I'm afraid we can't go the complete organic route yet as it's so expensive in this town! I wish we had a Trader's Joe's....

I DID buy truly farm fresh eggs at a local farmer off the rural street in my area. I had my first two this morning. BEST EVER! I love farm fresh eggs. They are so much richer in flavor and dense in nutrients that aren't in conventionally bought eggs.

For breakfast this morning, I had two eggs over easy with salt and pepper and a handful of almond slices over the top. I had half an avocado and am sipping on my mint green tea. My journey finally feels like I'm actually going to make it this time! For lunch I plan on having my leftover steak sliced up in a green leafy salad. Sounds yummy!

I am also happy to report that despite my previous bad eating habits, my weight has been maintaining about 149. I find this very interesting. It tells me that the foods I ate in Chicago were densely packed with added calories! Increased activity has allowed me to lose 27 lbs! My goal weight is 135.

So here I go! On the road again!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

Comment

STEAK! Yummy, wholesome steak. I had it for dinner, and am still smacking my lips for it's yummy goodness. I do wish I could afford more of it. I had a great big salad with it with lots of leafy greens, spinach, broccoli, sharp cheese (not ready to give up the dairy), snap peas, cucumbers, tomatoes, greek dressing, walnuts, pecans, and sunflower seeds. I am following that up with a yummy dessert of Greek yogurt, topped with strawberries, and a tiny drizzle of honey.

Comment

Wow, almost 2 1/2 years since I've posted. I am ashamed that I could not stick to my PB plans. A LOT has changed in these 2 1/2 years. I've met the love of my life, and I moved to a small Colorado mountain town to be with him. Meeting the love of my life, the most amazing individual I have ever met, has been a pivotal event in my life. He has taught me more than any other human being I have an acquaintance with. He has taught me more about myself than me, my habits and motivated me to stay the course. In his profession as Volleyball coach and sports geek, he KNOWS what it means to work hard and accomplish something. What he knows in sports translates to real life and I know now what it means to get results. Hard habits and running around in circles is very hard to break. If I imagine this circle I've been running for years, it is safe and uniform, comforting yet ill conceived, with a few jagged edges as I try something or learn something new here and there. Now if I imagine my circle it has deviated into more of a geometric shape as I continue on my life journey and deviate more and more from a well worn path. I am proud of myself for coming so far and look forward to everyday. I will write more in the days to come, but now I must head back to work.

Comment

Working...
            X