No announcement yet.

It still takes a little willpower...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I notice alot of TV programs seem to be plugging food more and more, like with the main characters actively eating on screen...could this be a pitfall? To be specific the series Lie to Me and Rita Rocks.

Fox has admitted to doing something like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiMaILygSjk

But in a "good" way

Comment

Griff I agree with your list of 1 and 2. Willpower is important I think as we adapt to a new way of eating/living until it becomes second nature.

I think for some of us we are overweight for a number of reasons and addressing those issues is key to having long term success.

I'm been working on losing weight and getting healthy since 4/03. I've made a lot of progress but still have areas I struggle with.

I need to listen to my body as I'm used to eating at certain times, out of habit and out of boredom. My stomach often is making sounds but I have no hunger. I need to change my habits and I'm not there.

Same concept with how much I eat. I'm not always eating out of hunger and my eyes are wrong at measuring doing the weighing of my food it helping me reeducate my eyes. Plus after eating low fat food for so long Primal eating tastes so much better I'm enjoying things I haven't eaten in years.

Comment

Hey

First off, I just want to say that I absolutely love this post. I struggle with eating right daily. I find myself caving in to cravings and then getting really upset with myself for letting myself do that. I would say my biggest struggles are:

1. Mid-Afternoons...Finding ways to not think about snacking when I am tired at work. I always get that afternoon slump and feel like I just need some sugar to get me going again.

2. Late nights...I always seem to want to snack...even if I KNOW I am not hungry. I will try chewing gum but even that isn't good on Paleo.

3. Not letting myself go crazy when eating out and punishing myself later.

Thanks again for this post! It is nice to hear that I am not alone!

Comment

See, if we eat high fat & protein and watch our overeating, the amount of food is dramatically decreased. To me, this washes out the fact that the 'grass-fed beef' is more expensive.

My IF saves money on meals and my food budget is stretched.

But, again, I fight with my brain too. I was deprived of sweets as a child, so it's like a rebellion that now, as an adult I'M in charge, so I treat myself, even if I don't have a craving, per-say.

Stupid brain.

Comment

Working...
          X