Alicias Goin' Primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you climbergirl!

ChacoTaco - I know I have to start eating organ meats, but I am so scared! I looked at liver in the grocery store last time I was there and just couldn't put it in the cart. I AM going to buy some this weekend. Do you have any favorite ways of preparing it??
    My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by climbergirl View Post
      +1 on what ChocoTaco said. Definitely up the fat and calorie intake (coming from someone who used to have an ED; and don't be afraid of having a "fatty" diet lol - mine ranges anywhere from 65-75% fat on a daily basis and I haven't gained an ounce)

Your pictures look awesome and it's great that you are feeling awesome as well. With a little experimentation in customizing your foods for what makes you feel the best, you'll be golden
      I'm personally stunned on the pregnancy pictures vs now. Very impressive! And you did that without going primal? I'm very curious how.
      Originally posted by alicias View Post
      Thank you climbergirl!

ChacoTaco - I know I have to start eating organ meats, but I am so scared! I looked at liver in the grocery store last time I was there and just couldn't put it in the cart. I AM going to buy some this weekend. Do you have any favorite ways of preparing it??
      I've never had it either. I've only been doing this for 2 months myself. I intend to eventually buy a meat ginder because ground beef is disgusting but I still eat it (the ground beef you buy is probably from parts of 10 different cows). I want to be able to just buy a cheap chuck roast and grind it up myself, so maybe throwing in a kidney or liver into that would be a good way to sneak it in. You can make burgers, meatloaf, meatballs, chili, etc with organ meats and never know. Not to mention you can mix in pork, veal, chicken, turkey...not just beef, so you can make some awesome meatballs. Just a thought. You can get a good meat grinder off Amazon.com for well under $100 shipped.

I eat so many vegetables and take so many vitamins that I feel I don't need to eat organ meat, but I also eat twice as many calories as you. If I were only eating ~1,500 a day, I'd be more concerned about my vitamin intake, so organ meats may be a great compromise for you.
      Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 03-31-2011, 08:52 AM.
      Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Thanks ChacoTaco. I breastfed for 5 weeks, which took off 30 pounds of the 40 or so I gained. 5-6 weeks after delivery I started lifting weights using a program called Chalean Extreme from Beachbody (the creators of P90X). I had used that program before with great success. I exercised about 3-4 times a week and ate a protein, carb (usually a whole grain), and fat at every meal. I am also blessed with very resilient skin, which you can see because I have no stretch marks or saggy skin, thank goodness!! I have lost about 4 lbs from going primal, but as you said, it's probably from muscle loss. I need to take care of that asap and get more calories in!!

ETA: I also stayed pretty active during pregnancy, and some will say that the weight comes off faster if you do stay active.
        My Journal

Comment

I'm very impressed. Just another reason to throw away that baby formula! Your 4 pounds in a week is probably almost entirely water weight. When you eat carbohydrates, you store 3-4 grams of water for every gram of carbs you eat. So yes, if you eat 100 grams of pasta, you store 300-400 grams of water! I highly doubt you can lose 4 pounds of muscle that quickly. However, prolonged calorie levels like these could do more harm than good.

You already look damn good, but there are still benefits of going primal. There are a lot of people out there that look great on the outside, but are unhealthy on the inside. Just look at all those skinny type 2 diabetics out there. Your cardiovascular system and especially your pancreas will thank you for going primal!
          Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Thanks!! And if you have any tips on preparing liver, it would be MUCH appreciated!
            My Journal

Comment

Aside from grinding it up with other meats and mixing it in, I have no idea. I've never had it before in my life. I just tried salmon for the first time last night! And it was...awesomeeee.

Comment

LOL ok thank you!
                My Journal

Comment

Good evening! Here are my totals for today:

Calories: 1460
                  Fat: 86 grams (53.09%)
                  Protein: 103 grams (28.26%)
                  Carbs: 68 grams (18.66%)

I didn't get any exercise in today. I was going to go for a long walk today, but the weather was awful after work. I also had some popcorn cooked on the stove tonight. That is why my carb count is higher than normal. I know that isn't a primal approved food, but I did it anyway.
                  Last edited by alicias; 03-31-2011, 07:13 PM.
                  My Journal

Comment

Body Fat Calculator
                    26.42%
                    Lbs of body fat: 34.88
                    Lbs of lean body weight: 97.12

Another body fat test
                    22.2%
                    Lbs of body fat: 29.3
                    Lbs of lean body weight: 102.7

I don't know how accurate these are, especially since I am not good at using calipers. Oh well, I'll just keep using both of them once in a while to track progress.
                    My Journal

Comment

I kind of borrowed your body fat calculator... thanks! And you look nowhere near 26% BF!
                      My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Comment

Thanks climbergirl, I was kind of wondering about the 26% too. I did the calipers myself which was probably not a good idea.

I woke up this morning with a sore tummy. Thanks popcorn kernals. You are going in the garbage, never to be purchased again!!
                        My Journal

Comment

Maybe try the body fat calculator I use.

Body Fat Percentage - Free Body Fat Percentage Calculator

I've seen pics of 12% body fat and given that it puts me at 12.42%, I think it's pretty accurate. It's what the US Navy uses anyway.

Comment

Thank you Chacotaco! I will do this when I get home! I think I would get funny faces if I did these measurements in my office. hehe
                            My Journal

Comment

OK, according to this body fat calculator, my bf% is 22.5%. Cool, I'll take it!! I'd like to get down to 19 or 20.
                              My Journal

Comment

Eh, tomorrow is another day and will be better.

Calories: 1371
                                Fat: 79 grams (52.63%)
                                Protein: 99 grams (29.31%)
                                Carbs: 61 grams (18.06%)
                                My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X