Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "MoM's An Optomist" Primal Journal

I'm jumping in to this journal thing...

I'm Mommaofmany, a frequent reader of these forums. I've been learning a lot, trying to process all the info and plan how to implement all of it. I am the one with a mill to grind fresh flour for our daily bread! I have BUCKETS of wheat in my pantry, so this is gonna be one heck of a change! I have eight children, aged 15 down to 5. My dear husband has lots of food allergies and digestive issues that I know will be helped by this WOE. My last pre-pregnancy weight was 180. My top weight was over 200 (while pregnant), and I got back to 180 fairly quickly. There I stayed for over three years! I finally got tired of being tired and began to lose weight. I cut down on the grains, but didn't eliminate them, added in more veggies and began to do yoga. It's gone pretty well.

However, I have plateaued. I have been the same weight for over a year. For a while, I was still slimming, while maintaining the same weight, but that has seemed to stop. I bought P90 (the easier version of 90X) and did it with my husband for a while. He liked the strength workout, but hated the cardio and after a couple of months, we stopped. I walk for an hour 4-5 times a week and do an hour of yoga every few days.

I'm going to try to keep a food and exercise journal here for accountability.

Maybe grind up the wheat, bag it and give it to a local food pantry. Good to see you momma and yes you have plenty. Tip of the hat to ya on that.
    Georgette

Comment

Here's at 180 in August 2008:

and now, at 150:

Last edited by Mommaofmany; 03-17-2011, 01:59 PM. Reason: Made pictures smaller

Comment

Que Linda! Awesome ! Much admiration for raising many children all while maintaining a healthy lifestyle You look much younger in your recent picture. Good luck with the plateau, keeping a journal and checking out some other ones will hopefully inspire you to tweak somethings to help meet your goals.

Comment

Love how you took the pics in similar clothes. Looks almost totally different! The shorter hair looks great btw! Keep it up!
          Georgette

Comment

I tracked my food today on Livestrong. It showed 53.86% fat, 28.79% carb and 17.35% protein, 83 grams of carbs and 1149 calories. So which do you prefer, Livestrong or Fitday?

Comment

I walked 3.2 miles this morning, 7710 steps according to my little pedometer. Listened to several chapters of my book, too.

Comment

Rough weekend....can I get a do-over for Monday?

Comment

Working...
                X