Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Patrick (who has a filthy pirate hooker mouth)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coconut Girl View Post
    *face palm* why oh why didn't someone tell me to marinate/braise my steak in leftover chicken fat!!! *cries* i just roasted a chicken yesterday, froze and dumped the fat--didn't know wtf to do with it!!! then today i went out and bought steak! this is a cruel joke...

Patrick, last night i was spooning the melted chicken fat liquid gold onto my spinach as a "dressing" lol for a second i thought i was crazy...
    I've done that with bacon fat on spinach salad! yum.
    and you must try the chicken fat steak marinade. so good. so so good.
    journal

Comment

Am I the only one who eats the Pope's Nose (fatty tail) off the chicken straight out of the oven? I'm so lucky that the rest of my family thinks it's gross.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Originally posted by Kay Exeye View Post
        I've done that with bacon fat on spinach salad! yum.
        and you must try the chicken fat steak marinade. so good. so so good.
        Damn right! I've tried the bacon fat with salad. Still gotta try that marinade, though. My god it sounds awesome!

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
        Am I the only one who eats the Pope's Nose (fatty tail) off the chicken straight out of the oven? I'm so lucky that the rest of my family thinks it's gross.
        I don't eat it right out of the oven, but I definitely eat it. Couldn't not eat it!
        August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

You've totally sparked my interest in the Spartan Race! There's one in my neighborhood in June... that's enough time to prepare, and WIN! So badass.

Hope you're feeling better!
          simplyprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks, Prime! Feeling better thankfully, but now a 12- to 14-hour workday looms like an evil storm on the horizon. And the actual weather took a nasty turn this morning, to boot. This does not bode well!

Time to make some hardboiled eggs and bacon and knuckle down for whatever comes.

If you're doing a Spartan Race in June, you'll have to tell me how it goes and what it's like!

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Ugh. I fucking hate you, Thai Express, you least evil of evil options. My innards. . . . That'll learn me for not planning my work meals long enough ahead of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                Ugh. I fucking hate you, Thai Express, you least evil of evil options. My innards. . . . That'll learn me for not planning my work meals long enough ahead of time.
                Finally some profanity. This journal was severely lacking in it. That and pirate hookers. It needs way more pirate hookers.

...and sorry about your innards. Good use of the word 'innards' though

Comment

Love your journal. Love pirates too.

Comment

Yeah, them scurvy-ridden pirate hookers are late to the party. ...as usual. Fuckin' wenches. Whaddaya expect?

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                      Yeah, them scurvy-ridden pirate hookers are late to the party. ...as usual. Fuckin' wenches. Whaddaya expect?
                      My niece works at a gun shop in Columbus and one of her customers is a guy named Pirate. That is his first name on his drivers license.
                      Georgette

Comment

Originally posted by geostump View Post
                        My niece works at a gun shop in Columbus and one of her customers is a guy named Pirate. That is his first name on his drivers license.
                        That - is - awesome!

Comment

Made me laugh when she told me last night.
                          Georgette

Comment

The things you see in Ohio - gotta love it.

Comment

Oh and btw Patrick - I've been having trouble sleeping lately too. I'm thinking it's the fraking time change? Prior to it, I had just begun waking up without my alarm - and now I'm back to tossing and turning with the alarm at the end.
                              But then I am very guilty of screen time pre-sleep.. i wonder if that's the culprit. Let us know what works for you

Comment

Still having sleeping issues. Right now, it's not so much an issue of troubled sleep so much as it is not waking in a healthful way. It seems like I'm yanked awake every goddamn morning. I think the time change might be part of the reason, teelea, with the other part being the shift in weather (for us up here, anyway). Maybe something else, too. Dunno. Haven't yet been able to escape the "screen time," as you so aptly name it, so that's probably also contributing.

It's only Tuesday and I'm already praying for Friday. Fucking christ...

Comment

Working...
                                X