Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Patrick (who has a filthy pirate hooker mouth)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll agree that this last year has seen a steady shift on the forum. There has been a shift from quality to quantity. The community has grown a lot. There are a lot of new people posting, but very few that I care to listen too. It seems many of the old "regulars" have either left or rarely post. It is a little disappointing, but not heart breaking. I have reached the point I don't need a bunch of advice, and when I do I know who to ask. Most of the people asking for advice can answer their own question by either reading the book or doing 30 seconds of research on their own. I am far from an expert, but I will gladly give advice to someone looking for help if they are TRULEY looking and not wanting to be spoon-fed the info that is already out there. Niadnight made that post for newbies that Mark made into a sticky. If 99% of the people would actually READ IT then they might actually have some inteligent questions to ask and people wouldn't mind answering. I will say this though, it was because of the decline in the rest of the forum that I began paying attention to the journals, and I'm glad I have. I get much more out of them.
    My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• Skink...there we are again, brother! Man, its scary how much we think a like. I left the newby threads for precisely the same reasons you mentioned in your last post. And honestly, I check about 6-8 journals (yours being one of them) when I am on the boards. Thats it. If I am truly bored...yes, I will look at the Newby posts. And its all the same crap over and over and over and over.

My personal favs are the ones where someone posts a contradictory article about the lifestyle. Really? Are "you" worried? Because if "you" are "you" should have done your god damn research in the beginning before adopting this lifestyle!!!! STUPID!!!! Have "you" not heard that there are BILLIONS of dollars put forth by lobbyists EVERY YEAR to contradict what is becoming widely known and true in the PB lifestyle??? God, some people are SOOOOOOOOOO naive.

Sorry...I'll get off my soap box now. The only thing I was better, am better about than them is I DO like to do the research into the subject and get my own answers. It annoys me to no end that some people wont read anything...
      If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
      James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
        Holy fucking hell... I gotta stop reading posts on these forums (outside of journals). It's a sure-fire way to become mentally fucking retarded. Out of boredom, I sometimes hit New Posts and wow... it's all I can do to just walk away from most of those threads without writing something I'll regret.

Most of the conversations on these forums make me feel like I'm watching a bunch of drugged-up circus monkeys try to fuck a combine harvester into submission.
        You, sir, have a way with words. Bravo!
        The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Comment

• Originally posted by nachobrawler View Post
          My personal favs are the ones where someone posts a contradictory article about the lifestyle. Really? Are "you" worried? Because if "you" are "you" should have done your god damn research in the beginning before adopting this lifestyle!!!! STUPID!!!! Have "you" not heard that there are BILLIONS of dollars put forth by lobbyists EVERY YEAR to contradict what is becoming widely known and true in the PB lifestyle??? God, some people are SOOOOOOOOOO naive.
          It's even better when the article they are refering to is a year or more old as has already been ripped to shreds a hundred times over. And that takes us back to had they done the research they would know this. YOU need to do the research before YOU start something!!!

And what can I say, great minds think alike.
          My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• I've never contemplated leaving the forums (thank you for the plug skink), but I have been doing my damnedest to avoid nearly everything outside the journals: news posted in 20 different threads, newbie "holy shit, it's been 20 minutes and I'm not built like mark", grok wouldn't've threads, and ijits trying to tear it down. I realize others would prob learn from what I say, I also realize I'd jump down their throat for being too stupid to search it. So I stay in the journals, mostly.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• I stay in journals mostly, recipes if something new pops and I like reading the Gripe of the Day. Sometimes reading about others bad days make my bad days seem like good days. I do peruse the success stories as well periodically.
              Georgette

Comment

Check out what I'm grabbing from the library in a few days, once it arrives at my local branch!

Na-na na-na na-na na-na, na-na na-na na-na... BATMAN!

This might be the coolest thing ever.

Comment

Not sure about burnout. I lurked for a while before ever posting back in 2010, but it seemed like things were smarter last year. There were some of the same questions, but the people asking them weren't fucking morons and the people giving advice had their heads screwed on straight. Over the last two months or so, reading the forums has been like watching a horror movie about inbred hill people in fast-forward. There was a thread the other day about a woman who'd been on the PB for 4 days and hadn't seen any progress. What the flying fucking zombie Jesus! Four days and she's frustrated? There's been a lot of posts like that in the last few weeks. The latest [posting] newcomers are so goddamn panicky and outright fucking ridiculous.

I don't think Mark ever checks the forums. I wouldn't if I were him. I'm sure one of his worker bees scans things and lets him know if there's anything serious going down.

Meh. There aren't many people I would consider experts on here. Besides, even the "gurus" will give you conflicting advice. After all, everyone's a self-professed expert on the Internet.

The issue in my eyes isn't one of a loss of expertise but of personality. Great, supportive people far outweigh self-righteous "fact"-spewers in my book. You all are worth your weight in gold.

Ultimately, it just annoys me to read people shitting out their mouths and ruining the forums with their hyperventilating banality.
                  Oh good, I thought it was just me.

Comment

a bunch of drugged-up circus monkeys try to fuck a combine harvester into submission.
                    Ready! GO! Engage Jen Photoshop Skills for great justice!!

... no. No, perhaps not this time, despite how amusingly evocative that image is.

I go to New Posts periodically but I try to be pretty selective about what I reply to. If I reply I feel obliged to keep watching the thread. I have enough subscriptions already.
                    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by elwyne View Post
                      This might be the coolest thing ever.
                      I'm really hoping it is!

As for general posts on these forums, I agree with you all. I stick to journals because if I need advice, I'd rather get it from people whose opinions I trust, thank ye very much.

I keep forgetting about the Recipes forum, though. I ought to check that out a bit more if for no other reason than to expand my relatively limited cooking repertoire.
                      August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

I'm really hoping it is!

As for general posts on these forums, I agree with you all. I stick to journals because if I need advice, I'd rather get it from people whose opinions I trust, thank ye very much.

I keep forgetting about the Recipes forum, though. I ought to check that out a bit more if for no other reason than to expand my relatively limited cooking repertoire.
                        Or just say "hey, I'm looking to make X" in your journal. I'm sure one of us could have an answer for you.
                        Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                          Or just say "hey, I'm looking to make X" in your journal. I'm sure one of us could have an answer for you.
                          And by one of us....we mean Geo! Love ya Sista G!!! You do have da-bomb recipes going on....

I got "Meatza" from you as well as new things to try in my coffee. Thanks Sista G
                          If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
                          James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Comment

• Originally posted by nachobrawler View Post
                            And by one of us....we mean Geo! Love ya Sista G!!! You do have da-bomb recipes going on....

I got "Meatza" from you as well as new things to try in my coffee. Thanks Sista G
                            Anytime Brotha N! Naiad is also good to get some recipes from. Hell Patrick got me started on Heroin Wings!
                            Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
                              Anytime Brotha N! Naiad is also good to get some recipes from. Hell Patrick got me started on Heroin Wings!
                              True. Between Geo, Patrick, and Naiad's recipes I could cook for a month.

Comment

• A lot of mine I make up off the top of my head.
                                Georgette

Comment

Working...
                                X