Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Patrick (who has a filthy pirate hooker mouth)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your cat was beautiful. Much love for calicos.

also, re: your T-shirt idea... i get it--it's kind of like weeding through the BS. many girls (as opposed to 'real women') out here in L.A. are notorious for being, well, for lack of a better word, c*ck-teases, frankly. it's like, really??? then when the guy reciprocates to their 'teasing' they freak out and call the guy a jerk or something!... or, you know, they're just hookers. LOL
    This is why I am glad that I am married. If I were thrown into the dating scene again, I think I would go postal.
    Georgette

Comment

Thanks, Georgette!

Okay, fuck this goddamn chest thing. Bronchitis, maybe. I used to get it chronically, every year like clockwork, back in high-school and university. I'm done with it now. It can fucking take a break. I get the point and I yield.

Made rouladen from some minute steak last night. I kinda did it wrong in that 1) I didn't pound the steaks thin enough, and 2) didn't brown them properly in butter. They came out pretty well, though. I mean, they were minute steaks. Not much to fucking do with them other than use them as a chew-toy.

I'm noticing some loss of definition in and around my jawline. I'm thinking my reduction (accidental) in vegetables is partly responsible for increase in fat, since I'm up around 65% fat and 30% protein these days. A bit too high on both counts, most likely. I need to bring BASs back into my meal rotations, I think.

Or it's just me being neurotic. I'm leaning out everywhere else, so. . . . yeah, who fucking knows. Still, I'm probably eating too much protein (~250-400g per day). Need to apply a bit more temperance there.
      August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
        Okay, fuck this goddamn chest thing. Bronchitis, maybe. I used to get it chronically, every year like clockwork, back in high-school and university. I'm done with it now. It can fucking take a break. I get the point and I yield...

I'm noticing some loss of definition in and around my jawline. I'm thinking my reduction (accidental) in vegetables is partly responsible for increase in fat, since I'm up around 65% fat and 30% protein these days. A bit too high on both counts, most likely. I need to bring BASs back into my meal rotations, I think.
        chronic illnesses suck--i used to get laryngitis in October for 3-4 years at one point (high school-college)... it was GREAT when i had Spanish class though! prof couldn't call on me randomly! lol i hope you feel better soon...

i need to get more creative with my salads again--i used to make some really great ones... but since i'm trying to reduce body fat (and since i simply can't think of what to include anymore other than the usual) i know i don't want to put nuts, etc in it (as i'd rather reserve nuts for snack if i'm going to eat them)... hmm.... maybe i'll start doing nicoise or something... suggestions? also, i'm wanting to rip into a bloody steak something fierce right now... damned it! knew i should've bought some -_-
        live mindfully.
        she's a Coconut Girl in a PRIMAL world... my PB journal

Comment

I'm a terrible person to ask about food. My stuff is dead fucking simple. I have no plan; rather, I just grab the foods I want to consume and mix 'em up like some sort of demented alchemist. What's nicoise, if I may ask?

For salads, I used to just grab a handful of the greens from a container of organic field greens, toss 'em in a bowl, add onions, mushrooms, avocado, peppers, some sunflower seeds, kalamata olives (if I have 'em), a hardboiled egg and some bacon bits. Add olive oil/balsamic vinegar salad dressing and voila. These days, though, I usually just take a handful of greens, toss ground beef in and top it with some salsa. I didn't think I could simplify simple, but apparently I can.

Thanks for the healthy well-wishes! I know exactly who/where I got this chest thing from, too, and it's source/cause is an added piss-off.

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

Niçoise salad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (sans the potatoes, of course!)

yeah, i think i'm just over-thinking it... i used to do the same... just grab shit, toss it in and chomp away... i seriously can't believe that i'm hungry right now... it's 5:17am! wtf?! i noticed i sometimes get hungry between 3am and 6am (if i'm awake, of course) but fuck that, i'm not going to eat right now...

*does hoodoo on said source of chest crap* bastard.

i need a fucking steak and a Guiness right now... ugh...... lol
            live mindfully.

Comment

Damn. That looks like one helluva salad!

It was strange. I woke up hungry this morning. I haven't woken up hungry in over two months. I ended up having my usual coffee (1/2 tbsp 35% cream, 1 tbsp coconut milk, and tsp honey) but then an hour later I also had a smoothie (1/4 cup strawberries, 1/4 blueberries, 1 tbsp coconut milk, 3/4 water, small banana). An hour later, I then made eggs, bacon and sausages. (And holy fuck -- sour cream and salsa on scrambled eggs are amazing!) I was just hungry as hell this morning and not sure why, really. Actually, it might have been because I was outside a while yesterday afternoon at my best friend's place, playing around in the backyard with her 15-month-old.

Add that activity with the lil' man to a double-whammy of Level 4/Day 3 SimpleFit judgement early yesterday morning, plus a 5km walk (to and from my friend's place). Hmmm... yeah, confusion over hunger = dispelled.

Comment

'Patrick in a butcher shop', I love it. I also really like the thoughts and observations you've got here, and your bluntness is commendable. I don't like it when people feel the need to pussyfoot around EVERYTHING.

That sucks about your chest, hope you're doing better now/soon.

Comment

I love salsa and sour cream over scrambled eggs. One of the best concoctions ever.
                  Georgette

Comment

Oh, you motherless shits: Tories blasted for handbook on paralyzing Parliament - CTV News

Goddamn Canadian politics. On top of that silliness, the budget will be presented in the Commons on Tuesday and that'll lead to a confidence vote (which will pass -- yay minority gov't) and I'll spend months out of work. On top of that, when the election is finally over, it'll just be another minority government -- not a fucking thing will change. Well, maybe the impending election'll get me off my ass and into the consulting game, where I ought to be anyway. Potential homelessness is a pretty solid motivator, I guess!

But anyway. Gunna be a quiet day today. I think I'll do some cleaning up and try to wrap up a personal project of mine that's gotten left on the sidelines for months. I also need to start tracking expenditures so I can create a budget so I can get my shit sorted out. When it comes to spending, I tend to be... well, fucking retarded, frankly, so I need some accountability there, especially over these next few months.

Yesterday I did about 45 minutes on my recumbent bike, tossing in some high-intensity intervals every few minutes. Since I've got it next to my couch, under my front window, in front of the TV, I just pop something in and go. I completely forget I'm even on the thing most times.

Thawing out some chicken legs. Won't do anything fancy with 'em: just some salt, garlic and a spicy seasoning of some sort. I also need to use up the cauliflower and some leafy vegetable I can't identify that came in last week's veggie delivery. (It looks like someone cut the leaves off a fucking houseplant, to be honest.)

If the weather warms a bit, I'll go for a wander. Otherwise, I'll go into "Sunday recluse" mode.

Comment

Sweet Jebus, someone stop me! I just ate two skin-on (of course) chicken legs and about 3 cups of mixed veggies fried in bacon fat. The issue? . . .I then started to spoon up the damn chicken drippings from the pan. Ahhhh! I know it's probably not a big deal, but damn. . . . the seasoned fat is so inviting and delicious. . . .

I feel depraved. I might need a Primal psychiatrist and a 12-Step Program.

Anyone else out there a bit too overzealous when it comes to Primal foods and all they entail? I'm looking for chastisement or enablement, really.

In other news, looks like I've got members two and three of my Spartan Race registration team for July 3. Now if only I could get a response back from TimBell and I'd have our fourth. So looking forward to it! And it means hanging out with one of my best friends from high-school/university and her boyfriend. Yay! Only 3.5 months out, too. Lots of time to get a bit more jogging/distance training in (need to manage 6km without issue, which might already be possible -- dunno), and the warm weather cometh!

This is a happy Sunday afternoon update.

Comment

dude, last night i marinated my steak in chicken fat from the wings i made at lunch. BEST STEAK EVER.
                        journal

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
                          Anyone else out there a bit too overzealous when it comes to Primal foods and all they entail? I'm looking for chastisement or enablement, really.
                          Crispy broiled chicken makes me freak out and pack it away, yuuum. Most other kinds of chicken bore me, but man, broil it and it becomes the meat equivalent of ice cream, except better because it leaves me pleasantly full.

Comment

<head explodes from over-exposure to chicken-fat-basted steak awesomeness>

Comment

*face palm* why oh why didn't someone tell me to marinate/braise my steak in leftover chicken fat!!! *cries* i just roasted a chicken yesterday, froze and dumped the fat--didn't know wtf to do with it!!! then today i went out and bought steak! this is a cruel joke...

Patrick, last night i was spooning the melted chicken fat liquid gold onto my spinach as a "dressing" lol for a second i thought i was crazy...
                              live mindfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Coconut Girl View Post
                                Patrick, last night i was spooning the melted chicken fat liquid gold onto my spinach as a "dressing" lol for a second i thought i was crazy...
                                Hahaha! I've done that, too.

Well, glad to see I'm not alone in my love of delicious fat. The food suggestions/combinations sound awesome! Thanks, ladies!

Comment

Working...
                                X