Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Patrick (who has a filthy pirate hooker mouth)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last one to the party but HAD to say: WELL EFFING DONE! especially this bit: "While you whine about your inability to lose weight and make your body what you want it to be, I'll be climbing fucking mountains and roaring defiant challenges at the gods."

*claps hands* *whistles*

also, YAY for PEEKCHARS!!!

yer mah heerow P! lol
    live mindfully.
    she's a Coconut Girl in a PRIMAL world... my PB journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
      I actually look semi-photogenic! Wonders never cease.
      Um... yeah you do. 'How you doin?'

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
      Take fucking pictures. Monthly. Weekly. Do it. Take pictures. You will treasure them as you go, and the further you are from your starting point, the more relevant they will all be. Do it. Drop the "I'm kinda embarrassed" horseshit (the very reasoning I disabled myself with) and do it. Of course you're fucking embarrassed and hate how you look! Why the flying shit-burgers do you think you've gone Primal? Boredom? Were your parents raped by corn, your village burned to the ground by wheat? You hit a point where you said "enough is fucking enough and I deserve better," so prove it with pictures. They aren't for now; they're for later. Take pictures. Be embarrassed. Humiliate yourself. When you hit your goals (and pass benchmarks), you will blow yourself away. Almost as important, you will blow others away and inspire them. So don't be selfish: take pictures for others' benefit if nothing else. And they will benefit. I have. You have. They will.
      Truer words were never spoken, I'm glad I hardened the fuck up and posted mine. It will look sooo much more impressive when I finally do reach goal that I have some really god-awful pictures to show as comparison.

We really are what we eat, and we are what we do. If your body doesn't do well with dairy, cut that shit out. If VLC doesn't get you where you want and you like veggies and sweet potatoes, do it. We're responsible for what we get out of this. If you're reading this, it means you already know this. Now embrace it and fucking actualize the potential to make it so.
      I love this too, it's taken me a while but experimenting like this means I have finally found what works.

We've all done it, Digby! Myself included. I just find it really funny nowadays. I look at my food and there's not a "reduced fat," "low whatever," "light," or anything else on any label. That tells me I'm doing something right.
      My Ma (who listens to me about PB, nods, agrees and then does the same fucking stupid thing she's always done) will be extolling the virtues of some new crap-in-a-packet food she's found.
      Mum - "it's only got 5% fat"
      Me - eyebrow raise
      Mum "oh yeah, right."
      My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
        My Ma (who listens to me about PB, nods, agrees and then does the same fucking stupid thing she's always done)
        My mother in a nutshell. *sigh*
        All my talk about healthy eating and feeling well apparently inspired her to start eating egg-white omelets and margarine instead of real butter. What part of whole, real foods did she not understand?! Damn you, CW.
        simplyprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

• Warning: I'm whoring out this corner of the PB Forums... for da childrens!

T'is done; I'm committed to and registered for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Eastern Ontario's "Power of a Wish Run/Walk" (10km version) on May 7. If you have an interest in donating even $1 (seriously, that'd be awesome!), please just click here to be sent to my donations page. Secure server, electronic tax receipt... all that good jazz.

And remember: It's for cute, adorable little kidlets who only want to live in a world of rainbow smiles, unicorn farts and leprechaun whimsy! Don't deny them their dreams. . . or Jesus will start killing the unicorns. Then the leprechauns. . . .
          August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• @Patrick, thank you for the much needed laugh with this last post. I needed it!
            Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
              [U]

It's for cute, adorable little kidlets who only want to live in a world of rainbow smiles, unicorn farts and leprechaun whimsy! Don't deny them their dreams. . . or Jesus will start killing the unicorns. Then the leprechauns. . . .
              Oh no...I can't even imagine a world without unicorn farts....Damn you Jesus!!!! Those leprechauns are my people, you just leave them alone. I pray you get enough donations.
              My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

• I'm at 36% of my goal of $250. Not too shabby for one day. We'll see what happens. The unicorns and leprechauns might yet be saved!

I think I've figured out my slight tiredness issue. It's two things: 1) fucking weather. When it's overcast and rainy, I can't wake up well; I just feel sluggish. 2) I might be getting too much protein per day. Maybe. I dunno about that one, but the weather sure is a bitch. You'd think this was Vancouver with the shit weather we've had over the last two days.

Also, I'm totally seeing Taubes' exercise -> eat -> exercise circle of shit. Worked out yesterday morning, no worries. Ate around noon (bang on). Was hungry by 4:30 (perfect). But then I couldn't stop eating! And all day, I was going back and forth to my computer room, which meant traversing my long hallway. For me, that means lunges one direction, Grok crawling the other. (Yeah, if someone were a fly on the wall, I'd be committed... if people could be committed in Canada, that is.) On top of that, I accidentally did about 1.5 hours of stationary biking while watching Spartacus. I tend to lose track of how long I've been doing it since I do it while watching a movie or a show, hence the "accidentally."

It felt great, but it ended up making me a bottomless pit between 5pm and 8pm. (Then I felt exhausted by 9pm.) I just kept grazing and snacking. Granted, it was all good Primal stuff like bacon, hardboiled eggs, field greens with salsa and sour cream, blueberries with coconut milk, etc. Still, I must have had like 3,000 calories yesterday. (Though I likely burned about 700 between SF Day 1, hallway shenanigans and slow pedaling.) It was an annoying cycle of move, eat, feel big-ish, move more... eat... Ugh.

This sounds like the diary of some fucking terribly-written sitcom chick character, eh? That's how it felt yesterday. It reminded me of the Family Guy episode where Peter pictures Brian without his balls: "I love chocolate. ...but it makes me fat. But it's sooooo gooooood..."

So a word to the wise: never overdo it or try to compensate for perceived overeating or whatnot. In fact, don't be a fucking retard like me. Christ. Looking back, I was definitely having a low self-image/-worth day, which is what inspired some of the movement and overdoing it. I got caught up in the need for instant gratification and lost sight of the big picture, which is odd for me since I'm usually pretty self-aware and moderate. Need to keep perspective, I guess, even (perhaps especially) in the face of cruddy-weather days.

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• It's rainy and cold here today, and I woke up feeling like ass. Probably because I had 3 sugary cocktails at a show last night and I'm not letting myself live it down. I want this to be effortless, but I make it complicated and refuse to focus on the long term. At least, in our moments of weak self-worth, we force exercise instead of eating a gallon of ice cream!
                  simplyprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

• My SO thinks something is wrong with me because I "sleep so much". I sleep 7-8 hours a night, soundly, dead to the world. He sleeps 5ish, if he's lucky.. and he thinks I'm the weird one!!!

Have you tried going to bed earlier? If you're tired, then sleep!

Comment

• @prime - the sugar kills me too. it's like a fucking hangover it's so awful

I likey my drinks too - when I can't stay away I drink rum and diet cokes. Def not primal, but despite the sweet taste, the distilling process takes the sugar out of the rum (or at least that's what I've read when researching the best drinks to drink on low carb plans). I don't feel shitty the next day when I have a couple of these, so I'm believing it is true.

Try googling low carb alcohol and see if you can find something that suits your fancy. It works in a bind and leaves the ass feeling behind! (I really didn't mean for that to be a cheesy rhyme when I started typing.. I swear)

Comment

• Originally posted by teelea View Post
                        Have you tried going to bed earlier? If you're tired, then sleep!
                        Exactly... your body has this great system... telling you when sleep in required. Just like when you body need water... this thing... called ... thirst...
                        March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
                        Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

• Originally posted by thehallowprince View Post
                          Exactly... your body has this great system... telling you when sleep in required. Just like when you body need water... this thing... called ... thirst...
                          I know, and normally I'd agree with you and tee (and thus not have posted about it at all). However, there's an issue when a person wants to go to sleep at 8pm and then sluggishly gets up at 7am, and when it happens more than once. That's not my body telling me to get the right amount. That's my body telling me something's fucked up and it's trying to fix said silly fuckery; it's saying "knock it off and sort that shit out." So there's something to be tweaked and it has nothing to do with sleep. Sleep is only the symptom. I just need to identify what that something is. : /

Re: sugary drinks, thank Christ I only enjoy wine and beer. I used to enjoy cider now and again but it killed me in the morning. It felt like someone was gleefully hammering sugar-spikes into my temples and through my brain. Now I just stick to beer and wine... and spiced rum when playing Drunk Jenga.

Comment

• I find I sleep decently through the week but on Fridays, I can go to bed at 10 or 11 and not get up until 9 or 10 the next morning. I feel like I function fine during the week though. Now right now, I'm not sleeping too great but that's due to the cold. It's odd how the little things affect us.
                            Georgette

Comment

• 1) don't call yourself a retard... or i will have no choice but to slap you.
                              2) we all have those days of bottomless-pitness and trying to run up and down stairs or do a few lunges back and forth from the kitchen to 'compensate'...
                              3) i promise to support you in your quest (however measly my support may be!) to save the unicornz, rainbowz and kidzezz as soon as i can
                              live mindfully.
                              she's a Coconut Girl in a PRIMAL world... my PB journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Coconut Girl View Post
                                1) don't call yourself a retard... or i will have no choice but to slap you.
                                Screen shot?

Comment

Working...
                                X