Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Journal - Patrick (who has a filthy pirate hooker mouth)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Patrick View Post
    Ah sweaty gorilla scrotum... my friend's coming to get me now for a games night (guess it's a games afternoon/evening/night). I've drunk 2/3 a bottle of wine, thinking I still had a few hours. Hmmm... and I haven't met any of these guys, except my friend and a buddy of his. Ah well. I'm a charmer. I'm sure I'll be fine. If in doubt, remove pants. During awkward moment, run like hell.

Have a most awesome and excellent night, all! I'm off to eat Chinese food and play Pandemic, Small World and Dominion. No Battlestar Galactica board game, though. i r cryin. Want to try that one out, for fuck's sake!
    good times, good times... may it be most excellent. xx

p.s.-take pix if you find yourself "in doubt" lol
    live mindfully.
    she's a Coconut Girl in a PRIMAL world... my PB journal

Comment

• I am so fucking losing at Dominion. Fucking Math post-grads...

C'mon, Pandemic!
      August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Sweaty gorilla scrotum! Love it!!! Will have to use that in conversation now.
        Georgette

Comment

I'm not doing a Whole30 thing -- I fucking hated it when I did it in January. (And my chosen method of crashing and burning with Whole30 was pretty epic, if I do say so myself.) Whole30, ironically, felt like a crash diet. It didn't feel like a test; it seemed like a punishment, really, and an unnecessary one at that if you're Primal. Yeah, you'll get slightly faster results, but if that's what you want, I've got the greatest deal for you: take Speed and let me unleash a pissed off and hungry wolverine on your ass. Watch the fat fly off as you race for your fucking life! I'll release a DVD of my this particular training method, only $14.95. Too high-impact? No problem! Same deal, but this time in the ocean with a partially tranq'd great white shark. Hardcore aquafit!

Faster =/= always better.

My experience with and feelings about the Whole30 as well....

In my case, it did more harm than good. It's a mind-fuck.
          "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• Things must really be heating up up there because there was a story about Canadian politics in my newsfeed yesterday. Last time I remember seeing anything at all about Canadian politics in the U.S. media was when Chrétien was PM. heh heh heh...

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
              Sweaty gorilla scrotum! Love it!!! Will have to use that in conversation now.
              Me too, I am already fond of 'hairy monkey balls' myself.
              Meghan

My MDA journal

Primal Ponderings- my blog- finally added some food pron :P

And best of all my Body Fat Makeover!!

Comment

• Balls are great!! But that's another topic altogether.

I tried Whole 30 for 2 weeks and wanted to shoot someone. I feel better doing my version of primal with dairy. I think I need dairy so I will eat how I like when I like.
                Georgette

Comment

• Yeah, kudos to those out there who enjoy(ed) the challenge of Whole30 but I personally felt it to be kinda against the Primal Blueprint idea of taking life easy and not sweating it, in terms of diet and dietary pressures. Anyhoo. Yay for those who embrace it and for those who don't!

Had a blast last night. Met some cool new people; discovered one of the guys I know is Paleo/Primal (sweet!); played Pandemic, Munchkin, Dominion and drunk do-what-the-blocks-say Jenga; and we all drank too much, for which Jenga was somewhat to blame. Also came to realize (or perhaps recognize) that guys don't have an issue sharing and discussing really personal things, contrary to opinions made popular by the mainstream media. There's this odd prevailing opinion that women have no issues opening up with one another, but men turn inwards and otherwise emotionally hide and obscure. Recently, I'm finding that to be the opposite, anecdotally (not as a sweeping statement). Of course, my overall view is that people are people. Men and women are extremely different, and yet not so much. Was just an interesting night. Helluva lot of fun was had, lots of yelling and arguments playing Munchkin (loudness is in the rules!) and good times were had by all.

Gunna get some walking in today. I've been feeling too... contained lately. That said, the sun's out but it's -14 C. I hate that aspect of early spring in Ottawa. The weather seems so damn inviting buuuuut no, we freeze our bloody nips off until early or mid April, typically. Ah well.

Yesterday I bought some Thai Kitchen coconut milk (not organic) and the shit had the consistency of watery fucking chalk. Dunno if I just got a bad can/batch, but I'm taking it back and getting the organic version. I haven't ever had an issue with that, though it's like $0.90 more. Grrr. Not too much else happening today, so I might watch an episode or two of Chuck while ridin' my recumbent bike in sunlight from the living room window.

Tomorrow and the rest of this week is crunch week, though. Time to fucking knuckle down and get some work sorted out to cover my ass for the next few months. Also looking forward to going to see Sucker Punch with my ex and her friend. Should be awesome! I mean, c'mon... Sexy chicks with guns and swords righting Nazis, robots, zeppelins, dragons, etc etc. Serve that shit up!! Oh, and Scott Glen is in it as an added bonus. Think we're seeing it in 3D IMAX, too.

Oh, and I just just saw that Takashi Miike has a Seven Samurai style movie coming out in April called 13 Assassins! Holy sweet zombie Jebus that looks fucking awesome! How the hell did I not hear about it before now? I must be losing it in my middling age.

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Sucker Punch looks fucking badass!!! Totally want to see it after seeing the Watchmen 50 gazillion times.

Also came to realize (or perhaps recognize) that guys don't have an issue sharing and discussing really personal things, contrary to opinions made popular by the mainstream media. There's this odd prevailing opinion that women have no issues opening up with one another, but men turn inwards and otherwise emotionally hide and obscure. Recently, I'm finding that to be the opposite, anecdotally (not as a sweeping statement). Of course, my overall view is that people are people. Men and women are extremely different, and yet not so much.
                    I hang around a lot of guys and a lot of women and I do find men to be more honest in certain aspects then woman. The men we're friends with are cool as fuck and I can tell them pretty much anything. Hell they'll talk to me about relationship issues and I give my honest opinion. They love that because for one I am older than they are and secondly, they know I can take being called a cunt and I'll dish it back. The women I'm friends with it sometimes feels awkward talking with them except for the women that most of our male friends date. I'm not comfortable with overly feminine women, I like women that tend to be a bit of a tomboy. I seem to have more in common with them than anything. I think it has something to do with being low maintenance or something. Who knows.
                    Georgette

Comment

• I will have to check out Sucker Punch!

From dating around and getting around, I've noted a big difference in the way men are, depending on their age. It's almost like there's a demarcation line that occurred somewhere around 1973 or such. Men who are now in their 40s are quite different from men who are in their 30s. The 30-ish ones ARE indeed more open, more expressive, it's true. (Men are also different regionally, too, which I find fascinating.)

Vast generalization, I realize.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                        I will have to check out Sucker Punch!

From dating around and getting around, I've noted a big difference in the way men are, depending on their age. It's almost like there's a demarcation line that occurred somewhere around 1973 or such. Men who are now in their 40s are quite different from men who are in their 30s. The 30-ish ones ARE indeed more open, more expressive, it's true. (Men are also different regionally, too, which I find fascinating.)

Vast generalization, I realize.
                        Careful TigerLily, I'm in my forties. I feel that I am pretty fuckin open! (FYI-Its obligatory to curse here on Patrick's journal. He does have a filthy pirate hooker's mouth....)
                        If you can just get your....mind together....then come on across to me.....
                        James Marshall (Jimi)Hendrix

Comment

• Patrick, I saw Sucker Punch yesterday. I wasn't expecting much (and I'm really not the demographic) but it was awful. The attractive visuals just couldn't make up for the shitty dialogue and predictable story. Your thoughts? I'm all about a flashy movie with good punchlines and a simple plot, but this was just disappointing!

On another note, what the eff is up with the forums lately?? It's a fucking minefield out there. Seems like everyone has their panties in a twist this weekend...
                          simplyprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

• <high-fives both TigerLily and nachobrawler> I agree with ya both. I think emotional openness is quite generational, but that there are certainly people all over the map who don't fit the rule. With this internet generation, I'm very curious as to how that will pan out for emotional honesty and communication. Will all this anonymous (says the guy who's called himself by his first name and has his picture up) usage cause them to embrace more openness, or close off due to the internet's almost-overwhelming sense of pervasive info-spread?

Aww, that sucks, Prime. I'd heard it isn't that super, though my ex's mom said she enjoyed it and was glad I told her about it. I'm just hoping the visuals get me through, but yeah... I'm going in with neutral expectations. I'll let you know what I think! It looks like Thursday will be the day I go see it.

Not sure what's up with the forums. I haven't noticed anything, though I'll be honest and say that my browsing habits on here have altered significantly in the last three weeks. I sometimes click New Posts and follow through on topics that seem interesting, but I mostly stick with my subscribed threads, which include the journals of you lovely folks and a few others. About 12 or so all told. Which forums have sand a la vag?

Comment

• Fuck. A headache came out of nowhere in the middle of my Day 1 SimpleFit rounds. Had to stop at 9 rounds done with 14 minutes left on the clock. I could have easily blown away last Monday's 22 rounds. Stupid fucking meatbag flesh-cocoon that is the human body. Might try later on today, but might just stay fuck it and chalk this up to listening to my body, which seems to be saying "I'm a fucking pansy -- pwease stop wif da hurtings!"

Comment

["I'm a fucking pansy -- pwease stop wif da hurtings!"
                                I guess it shows my lack of coffee or perhaps my internet-adled brain that reading that I totally pictured you as an lolcat.

Comment

Working...
                                X