No announcement yet.

WTF Does Funkadelic Eat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, but I had kyphoplasties and laminectomies at both T12 and L1 (and a bunch of other things, too). L1 burst upon impact, so it has been completely reconstructed. Five breaks in total. I am EXTREMELY lucky and have defied all medical odds. Sounds like your gentleman friend is and has, too.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
      Dude you're weird
      Thank you, iniQuity! I try really hard and feel accomplished when people notice.

Brains, haven't gone there yet, I can't find a close-enough farmer and this is NJ, people only eat what others find acceptable, it's VERY hard to find random shit, or maybe I'm not looking in the right places.
      It actually took me awhile to find a good source. Just keep calling or emailing local butchers asking about it and maybe you'll get lucky.

Do you still smoke? I think I recall you being one of the primal tokers, I had to give it up for a number of reasons but mostly because I'd eat just about everything in sight with complete disregard for health.
      Yup! On occasion. Maybe a few times a month. I've actually never had problems with getting munchies. Sure, food tastes incredible, but I still have enough wit about me to deny my body crap.

I'm currently eating nutella, you're jealous.
      GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zoŽ View Post
        hahahaha!! Belive me, this is very mild.
        Hey! >:0

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
          Wild! I, too, fell from a height and broke my back and had titanium rods and many screws (spanning 5 vertebrae) .... and I got my rods out exactly a year ago today! It was VERY worth it to get the rods out. Be prepared for a whole 'nuther round of PT, though. Even your tendons will have shortened to accommodate the rods and cross-bars, not to mention muscles. I'm just preparing you mentally for this, because me and my friends foolishly thought I'd just get up out of bed and be running. But at least we are both on our way!!
          Back twins! *high five*

Reading your post below, your's might have been a bit more serious than my incident. Also, your injury was a bit lower than mine, more affecting your bending ability than mine where the damage was most concentrated at T8 and T9. My doctor expects a very quick recovery after the removal and my rods will have only been in for six months. It was supposed to be a year, but a bacterial infection changed that one up nice and quick. :P

Best of luck on your continued healing and thanks so much for your advice and concerns. It really is much appreciated!

Comment

Right!
            Originally posted by ZoŽ View Post
            And now, of course, all these women are flocking to your journal. Being a funny and eloquent writer you lure them in. Then you shock and impress them with your near-death story of awesome superhero-ness survival. And then... you take your shirt off.
            I see how it is.

After these women see that you scarf brains and raw liver, they'll instantly fall in love. Right?
            ~Danielle~

Comment

Originally posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
              DIANA!!! You win some love with those "Caribbean Brain Busters"; they look AWESOME! I'll try them soon (maybe this weekend?) and let you know the results.
              Yes, yes, please do! I love critiques of my recipes, and there aren't a ton of peeps who have access to brains. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Comment

Yes, you are lucky because your break was up in the midthoracic vertebrae, which aren't required to move too much, in the scheme of things. There was a guy who was also rehabbing with me who had his break up at the T8-T9 area and actually walked out of the hospital. My rods went all the way down to L4 (ack!), and you're definitely in lumbar lordosis (curve of spine) territory there, so my walking is totally jacked up. I didn't want to say anything earlier because I didn't want to scare you, but it doesn't seem the case for you at all, so I'll tell you that a lot of what I'm dealing with now was actually caused by the rods themselves (because they extended down so low and caused a great deal of torque on my sacrum). Also, my rods were in for two years. Makes a big difference. When are yours coming out?

BTW, my fall was also centered around an animal. World's most expensive cat.
                "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

if you're a poor college student in the L.A. area i have a bag of WF's basmati rice with your name on it... seriously, no one eats rice around here!
                  live mindfully.
                  she's a Coconut Girl in a PRIMAL world... my PB journal

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                    ...there aren't a ton of peeps who have access to brains.
                    Yeah, and I know why; I had to contact SO many butchers before I found one who would was even open to asking the farmers he works with. Totally worth it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                      There was a guy who was also rehabbing with me who had his break up at the T8-T9 area and actually walked out of the hospital.
                      Hopefully that will be me in this case!

My rods went all the way down to L4 (ack!), and you're definitely in lumbar lordosis (curve of spine) territory there, so my walking is totally jacked up.
                      Ouch! I'm sorry to hear that, TL. Are you still doing PT/rehab work? How's it all going?

I'll tell you that a lot of what I'm dealing with now was actually caused by the rods themselves (because they extended down so low and caused a great deal of torque on my sacrum). Also, my rods were in for two years. Makes a big difference. When are yours coming out?
                      Yeah, that's exactly why I saw this bacterial infection as both a blessing and a curse. The upside is that I get my rods out in half the time (May 9th!). The downside is that I'm on daily antibiotics for 4 months straight. :S

Sauerkraut, kimchi, and probiotics for this guy!

BTW, my fall was also centered around an animal. World's most expensive cat.
                      Let me guess: Your (or a friend's) cat climbed a tree...at which point it was abducted by a bunch of extra-terrestrial frat-brothers who vaguely resembled Gary Coleman. This led your true and noble spirit on the grandest of adventures across the galaxy to rescue the poor, confused kitty. Upon arrival to the home world of those dastardly, drunken aliens, you find that little Ms. Maggie Sue is being exploited in genetic splicing experiments in an attempt to bestow the inhabitants of that planet the skills of "acting cool" and "generally not giving a shit". You managed to break into the lab and free the unwilling test-subject, just barely escaping death as you jettisoned yourself, cat in hands, from that hell. Although, in the fiery explosions that are guaranteed in any epic escape scene, you were thrown hundreds of feet into the air. Being so selfless, you sacrificed your own back to the fall in order to ensure your feline friend remained unscathed.

Wow, TL...I hope to one day be as great as you. Consider yourself idolized.
                      Last edited by Funkadelic Flash; 03-15-2011, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coconut Girl View Post
                        if you're a poor college student in the L.A. area i have a bag of WF's basmati rice with your name on it... seriously, no one eats rice around here!
                        Correction: I eat rice around here. It's totally worth it to buy a plane ticket to LA from Minnesota just for a bag of rice, right?!

Comment

3/15/2011:

Nutrition and Exercise
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          13:30 - Curry-spiced Pet-food Extraordinaire!
                          • 1 lb US Wellness Pet Food*
                          • 1 cup of carrots
                          • 4 cups rainbow chard
                          • 8 oz pig brain
                          • 4 n-3 enhanced egg yolks
                          • .5 cup (precooked measurement) white rice
                          • 1 cup bone broth
                          • Various curry spices, kelp, salt, pepper, etc.

Supplements: 10,000 iu D3, 2g C, 600 mg NAC, 200 mcg Chromium

*Yes, I eat pet food and have been doing so for the past year. It's healthy, cheap, and awesome. I was actually really surprised to see Mark mention it as an option in his most recent post on offal.

16:45 - Sockeye Slaughterhouse
                          • 1 14.75 oz can of wild-caught, Alaskan sockeye salmon
                          • 1 cup of sauerkraut
                          • 1 Tbs organic brown mustard
                          • 1 tsp dill weed
                          • 2 Tbs lemon juice

21:30 - 800mg Mg

On Tuesdays I'm on campus, working or in classes, from 8AM-9PM straight with no breaks. That means no exercise today except for my walks in-between work and classes. Every once in awhile I'll get the motivation to come in for a light workout or walk in the gym before the start of my day, but usually 13 hours (with a 45 minute drive to and from campus) is more than enough to deal with. :P

Daily totals:

Music and Random
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Today's musical choice is by my favorite band of all time, Tool. Their music has always elicited the most powerful and profound effects on my frame of mind, ranging from deep introspection to extraordinary speculation. Sit back and enjoy the mathematical show, ladies and gentleman.

Lateralus by Tool

Last edited by Funkadelic Flash; 03-16-2011, 11:43 AM.

Comment

3/15/2011:

Nutrition and Exercise
                            1:30 - Curry-spiced Pet-food Extraordinaire!
                            • 1 lb US Wellness Pet Food*
                            • 1 cup of carrots
                            • 4 cups rainbow chard
                            • 8 oz pig brain
                            • 4 n-3 enhanced egg yolks
                            • .5 cup (precooked measurement) white rice
                            • 1 cup bone broth
                            • Various curry spices, kelp, salt, pepper, etc.

Supplements: 10,000 iu D3, 2g C, 600 mg NAC, 200 mcg Chromium

*Yes, I eat pet food and have been doing so for the past year. It's healthy, cheap, and awesome. I was actually really surprised to see Mark mention it as an option in his most recent post on offal.

Music and Random
                            Today's musical choice is by my favorite band of all time, Tool. Their music has always elicited the most powerful and profound effects on my frame of mind, ranging from deep introspection to extraordinary speculation. Sit back and enjoy the mathematical show, ladies and gentleman.

Lateralus by Tool

You have redeemed yourself with Tool. A most fantastic album, now, allow me to zone the fff out. Did you ever listen to the re-ordered version after this whole Fibonacci thing? I didn't read much into it, the music rocks, don't care if they were trying to get all mathematical on people.
                            I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                              Did you ever listen to the re-ordered version after this whole Fibonacci thing?
                              Nah; there's a lot of speculation involving Tool's album order and various song pairings. Most of it is bunk, which Maynard has even confirmed himself. He loves laughing at all of the time his fans spend on trying to "figure out" something that's not even there.

Comment

Correction: I eat rice around here. It's totally worth it to buy a plane ticket to LA from Minnesota just for a bag of rice, right?!
                                YES. YES IT IS... the other benefits, aside from the bag of rice (of course), are sunny weather, random coastal action and me... because i'm awesome... and i have coconut flavored candy... LOL
                                live mindfully.
                                she's a Coconut Girl in a PRIMAL world... my PB journal

Comment

Working...
                                X