No announcement yet.

WTF Does Funkadelic Eat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFTER falling out of the tree, sitting down, propped up against a tree, bow destroyed, a deer came out of the brush and walked to within seven or eight yards of me. He just stood there, staring at the broken and powerless Funkadelic. SURE, he looked calm and innocent, but I could tell that deep down he was laughing his white-tailed ass off. Jerk...
    LMAO... wild animals sure can be snarky. It's like they know, and they openly mock.

Even after the incident I have no fear of trees. I fully plan to go back to hunting in stands (with increased emphasis on using a safety harness) and pursuing my lifelong passion of climbing trees.
    That's great. I'm slightly phobic about heights- or rather about falling, which keeps me from really climbing or jumping like I want to (and skating for that matter.) I think it comes down to confidence though, and confidence comes from practice. So there needs to be a lot of practice for me this summer. And yes, please wear a harness. We can't have you breaking your awesomeness again.

Love the eats, especially the pig brain. I found it to be incredibly delicious. Beef brain is delightful. I take it you have a reliable source then? I've just found mine and am looking forward to getting another bag of fresh bits.

Comment

I have no problem with hieghts. It's heights that move that creep me the fuck out. Mountains, airplanes, no problem. Skyscrapers and high trees, I'm panicking and GTFOing.
      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
      My Latest Journal

Comment

Wow! You look great! I'm trying to convince my fiance to start eating primally, I should show him your pictures and hopefully he'll get motivated! So glad that you are recovering so well!

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          I have no problem with hieghts. It's heights that move that creep me the fuck out. Mountains, airplanes, no problem. Skyscrapers and high trees, I'm panicking and GTFOing.
          EXACTLY! OMG, ladders. Ladders are the devil.

Comment

Stable ladders, I'm fine. what scares the tar out of me is a phone pole. Going up on one of those I was damn near pissing my pants.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
              I think it comes down to confidence though, and confidence comes from practice. So there needs to be a lot of practice for me this summer.
              Do it!

And yes, please wear a harness. We can't have you breaking your awesomeness again.
              Thanks for your concern, but you and I both know that my awesomeness is unbreakable!

Love the eats, especially the pig brain. I found it to be incredibly delicious. Beef brain is delightful. I take it you have a reliable source then? I've just found mine and am looking forward to getting another bag of fresh bits.
              Heck yes! I'm in love with brains. SO much n-3 and tasty, tasty (WARNING)cholesterol(DANGER). I bought a little over 20 pounds of the little guys from a nearby butcher, but I'd like to try to find cow brains next. Any tips for preparing them? I would love you forever if you had some primal brain recipes!

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                HAHA! Call me crazy, but I love the swaying feeling of being high up in a tall tree with some wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Tara View Post
                  Wow! You look great! I'm trying to convince my fiance to start eating primally, I should show him your pictures and hopefully he'll get motivated! So glad that you are recovering so well!
                  Thanks, Tara!

Oh, and even though I don't think you'll need it, good luck converting your fiance. Repeat after me, "All you can eat steak."

Comment

Actually, if you wander on over to my blog I've been doing offal for nearly a month... brains included.

Comment

DIANA!!! You win some love with those "Caribbean Brain Busters"; they look AWESOME! I'll try them soon (maybe this weekend?) and let you know the results.

Comment

Dude you're weird and I've decided I hate your taste in music, but I'll be reading this.

Brains, haven't gone there yet, I can't find a close-enough farmer and this is NJ, people only eat what others find acceptable, it's VERY hard to find random shit, or maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Do you still smoke? I think I recall you being one of the primal tokers, I had to give it up for a number of reasons but mostly because I'd eat just about everything in sight with complete disregard for health.

I will say though, I wish I ate more like you (and malpaz) and all other posters that routinely partake in marrow, bone broths, offal, etc... I'm still living off conventional bacon and eggs.

I'm currently eating nutella, you're jealous.
                        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkadelic Flash View Post
                          Today's pick is pure awesome and goes out to the always lovely ZoŽ.

Waking Up From the American Dream by deadmau5

Wait...nightcrawler?! How did he find us here?!

God(s), this is making me so giddy happy right now! Always reminds me of rocking out together in your car without a single care in the world (and high as hell on oxytocin + love). Actually, posting your music every day is going to be giving me a heck of a lot of motivation. Of course music has always been powerful to me but now, more than ever, it forces me to remember how incredibly f*cking awesome life really is. Seriously. Keep it up.
                          Last edited by ZoŽ; 03-14-2011, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                            Dude you're weird and I've decided I hate your taste in music, but I'll be reading this.
                            Hahahaha!! Belive me, this is VERY mild.

Comment

Wild! I, too, fell from a height and broke my back and had titanium rods and many screws (spanning 5 vertebrae) .... and I got my rods out exactly a year ago today! It was VERY worth it to get the rods out. Be prepared for a whole 'nuther round of PT, though. Even your tendons will have shortened to accommodate the rods and cross-bars, not to mention muscles. I'm just preparing you mentally for this, because me and my friends foolishly thought I'd just get up out of bed and be running. But at least we are both on our way!!
                              "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
                                Wild! I, too, fell from a height and broke my back and had titanium rods and many screws (spanning 5 vertebrae) .... and I got my rods out exactly a year ago today! It was VERY worth it to get the rods out. Be prepared for a whole 'nuther round of PT, though. Even your tendons will have shortened to accommodate the rods and cross-bars, not to mention muscles. I'm just preparing you mentally for this, because me and my friends foolishly thought I'd just get up out of bed and be running. But at least we are both on our way!!
                                Did you have any spinal fusion?
                                Last edited by ZoŽ; 03-14-2011, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X