No announcement yet.

My 12 Week Primal Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been reading Mark's posts for awhile on IF now. I've been eating low carb for awhile now, so I never got any hint of carb flu jumping into the primal lifestyle. However, I've never eaten such a high fat/carbs ratio before outside of when I did 7 weeks of keto. It's made 24 hour IF pretty simple since my body's very good at running in fat burning mode. I obviously just eat too much fat and protein to make it melt off fast enough as shown by Fit Day, haha.

I don't want to do Mark's version of IF where he just skips breakfast. I get too hungry in the morning and I'm afraid it'll catch up to me. That and I'm still stuck in the mindset that skipping meals too often lowers your metabolism. So far, I'm liking how I feel after the 24 hour fast once a week and I'm planning on making this a regular thing for the foreseeable future.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by Coconut Girl View Post
      i've made AWESOME Primal desserts and foods--did a chocolate cheesecake with choco crust and strawberries... even did a red velvet cake! i need to post pics and recipes to my site at some point soon looking forward to seeing your PC!
      I just did a primal cheesecake with almond meal crust, stevia extract and I topped it with unsweetened bakers chocolate mixed with butter, heavy cream and stevia. It's awesome. I just did a whole nutrition analysis on it ingredient by ingredient and I plan on posting it.

That coconut flour would be awesome for cakes. I just wish it was cheaper!
      Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
        I just did a primal cheesecake with almond meal crust, stevia extract and I topped it with unsweetened bakers chocolate mixed with butter, heavy cream and stevia. It's awesome. I just did a whole nutrition analysis on it ingredient by ingredient and I plan on posting it.

That coconut flour would be awesome for cakes. I just wish it was cheaper!
        YUM... i ordered my coconut flour from Tropical Traditions (i think you said WF's has it for $7.95/pound???) Organic Coconut Flour - Tropical Traditions

i really like their products and the great thing about coconut flour is that it takes very little to make a lot i've made awesome waffles, pancakes, biscuits, etc etc with blanched almond flour and coconut flour... oh yeah, i even made my own protein bars!
        live mindfully.
        she's a Coconut Girl in a PRIMAL world... my PB journal

Comment

Those cookies look so good. I don't remember the last time I had a chocolate chip cookie. WF is a ripoff ($7.49/lb!) so if that place has reasonable shipping fees I may have to get it there and just order 10 pounds at a time or something.

Comment

Those cookies look so good. I don't remember the last time I had a chocolate chip cookie. WF is a ripoff ($7.49/lb!) so if that place has reasonable shipping fees I may have to get it there and just order 10 pounds at a time or something.
            sometimes they offer free shipping--if you're on FB, friend them! they post all of their promo/sales/etc on FB
            live mindfully.

Comment

Nice! Thanks for the info. They are officially "liked".

Comment

Roughly 2 hours left on my 24 hour fast. Very simple. I was outside for work all day from 7am to 3:15pm. Probably walked a few miles marking out traffic mast locations for new traffic intersections we're building. Hopefully, that equates to pure fat burn. I've already got my dinner all planned out.

Comment

Week 3 - Mar. 8, 2011

Oops! Forgot to post my pics from last night as it was Tuesday and the next series of pics are due. These were taken last night after my workout, the same as all the others. I still feel stupid for taking Myspace-style mirror pics with no shirt on...but I guess it serves a purpose.

Comment

My 4th 24 hour fast was an easy success. I love this lifestyle - going 24 hours without food is so easy it's a joke. If it weren't for my fear of lengthy states of catabolic metabolism brought on from reading tons of bodybuilding sites, I'd try a 48 hour fast...maybe I'll save that for a plateau.

My 24 hour fasts last from Tuesdays at 8pm to Wednesdays at 8pm. Then, I binge on a large, high-fat meal. I think of it as Grok having a poor hunting day, not eating anything for 24 hours, then killing a mighty buffalo and eating a huge feast to satisfy his hunger. Here is my Fit Day on today's fast day:

The ratios are all skewed since I made this rockin' primal cheesecake with stevia and unsweetened baker's chocolate - I did the math and only 73 very low GI carbs in the ENTIRE cake with 444 grams of fat total! - so normally I'd probably have much less fat on a 24 hour fast day.
                    Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 03-09-2011, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Week 3 - Mar. 8, 2011

Oops! Forgot to post my pics from last night as it was Tuesday and the next series of pics are due. These were taken last night after my workout, the same as all the others. I still feel stupid for taking Myspace-style mirror pics with no shirt on...but I guess it serves a purpose.
                      don't feel stupid--your purpose is valid and worthwhile... besides, many of the photos i've seen on the forum are as such. btw, you should do a week 1 vs week 2, etc comparison at some point. otherwise, lookin' good! keep up the great work!

also--i've been thinking of doing a fast myself--for now i'm just doing IF from 6 or 7pm to 9 or 10am the next day... today though, i think i my last bite was at 4:30pm. i guess i'll save real fasting for the future...
                      live mindfully.

Comment

I just want to mention something about fitday. I saw on your previous fitday post that you had pork entered.

Fitday tends to assume how it was cooked. Entering your meat raw takes care of that. Not that you want to be anal about it. It just gives you a little better idea and this would probably be more helpful information for someone who needs to lose weight than you. In any case, just wanted to mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by moo View Post
                          I just want to mention something about fitday. I saw on your previous fitday post that you had pork entered.

Fitday tends to assume how it was cooked. Entering your meat raw takes care of that. Not that you want to be anal about it. It just gives you a little better idea and this would probably be more helpful information for someone who needs to lose weight than you. In any case, just wanted to mention it.
                          Yea, I saw that. I cooked my pork loin by searing it in coconut oil, roasting it under foil in the oven, and I let it sit in the juices. I basically took the base pork loin and added in 50% of the quantity of coconut oil. I poured a good bit of it back onto the meat to absorb it while it sat to cook and redistribute the juices, so I figure it's "accurate enough". As long as I'm consistent, that's what should really matter I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Coconut Girl View Post
                            don't feel stupid--your purpose is valid and worthwhile... besides, many of the photos i've seen on the forum are as such. btw, you should do a week 1 vs week 2, etc comparison at some point. otherwise, lookin' good! keep up the great work!

also--i've been thinking of doing a fast myself--for now i'm just doing IF from 6 or 7pm to 9 or 10am the next day... today though, i think i my last bite was at 4:30pm. i guess i'll save real fasting for the future...
                            I don't think there's enough of a change week to week. Maybe I can do it on the 4 week mark. Hopefully there's a difference. Personally, I can't detect much fat loss by looking at myself in the mirror, but I can sort of feel it's less by grabbing it if that makes any sense. Last year I was on rung 3 of my belt and now I'm on rung 5. Yesterday, I accidentally put myself in rung 6 for the first time but it was a little too tight. I guess I'm making progress.

Comment

Drove 60 miles to attend my buddy's 25th birthday last night. Everyone ordered pizzas, there was Oreo cake, brownies, chips and soda and snack food everywhere...I didn't eat any of it. Will power! Everyone else was gorging, but I tried to set a good example. I actually had two girls ask me all about nutrition. I explained to them general concept of the primal blueprint - eat what you evolved to eat; if a man couldn't have eaten it 1 million years ago, don't eat it. They thought it was very interesting...then they ate pizza and Oreo cake. I tried.

I chose alcohol as my vice for the night. I kept it simple and tried to choose clean alcohol. 5 shots of tequila and 3 Bud Lights. At least it was a low carb night, and I definitely woke up skinnier. Or maybe it's the dehydration.

I had no idea it was daylight savings time, either. That lost hour threw a wrench in the day.

Comment

just have to say that those pizza pictures from a few days ago look orgasmic...
                                My Journal!! (but start at page 10 lol) - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread26553.html

Weather weenie and bacon-addict who wants to get back to looking and feeling fabulous.

Comment

Working...
                                X