No announcement yet.

lil_earthmomma's primal journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFing till dinner today. I'm having my closest friends over for dinner. I'm going to make awesome chicken thighs with the bone cut out, the skin browned, and topped with seafood (crab and shrimp and cream) or with mushrooms, red peppers and bacon. Both should be delicious. And a big salad with pomegranate vinaigrette (I need guinnea pigs as this is my christmas gift to everyone!)

I received some really bad news last night, my mom might have lung cancer. It was hard to sleep, and I haven't really wanted to do any more christmas stuff. Gotta get my game face on for the monkeys though.

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about your mom, lilmama. When will you find out for sure if it's lung cancer?

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom lil_EM. *HUGS*

Comment

Oh gosh...I'm so sorry about the news about your mom Really hope it turns out to be something else

Comment

Well she's on an emergency list for a CAT scan, so we should know soon, I hope. Erg, it's just hard not knowing either way.

Thanks for the support, it means a lot. *hugs*

-John Lennon

Comment

Keep us updated on your mom, lil_EM. I'm sort of going through the same thing with my mom only it's her foot and a lump in her breast. It's really hard. Hang in there. I'm sending prayers for her, and for you. *hugs*

Comment

I'm so sorry Diana, I will be thinking of you and your mom as well.

My dinner party was a success. One guy complained that there was no side, but everyone was stuffed by the end! lol

I served chicken thighs with the bone out, topped with either crab and shrimp in a cream sauce, or mushrooms, bacon, red and yellow peppers, and onions. Both were delicious, and looked awesome! I'll try to get them up on the blog, but I couldn't get very good pics, as everyone was busy scarfing the food down!

I also served an amazing salad! Baby spinach and mixed greens, pomegranate arils, crumbled feta, and cubed pear. Topped with a pomegranate vinaigrette that was so yummy. I'm giving little bottles of it and a sun dried tomato vinaigrette as my christmas gifts, and wanted to test it on a crowd first. It was definitely a hit, and looked so festive.

For dessert, I blew everyone away with an austrian shortbread crumble filled with raspberries and blueberries. I made it with almond flour and it was so delicate and fluffy and good. Then my naughtier dessert was an almond flour pie crust, filled with a layer of maple dulce de leche, then a layer of pecans then a layer of dark chocolate melted with some heavy cream and a dollop of sour cream (it made the chocolate set up very velvety and creamy, but still firm enough to cut.) Now that I write it out, it wasn't THAT naughty other than the sugar from the maple syrup... OMG it was divine though, rich and smooth and so decadent!

Ok, I'll stop babbling about the food I served my guests, and I'm gonna go to bed.

-John Lennon

Comment

Wow, that sounds like an amazing dinner party! What a success! You can throw a party at my house any day.

(Thank you lil_EM)

Comment

omg- that pie sounds SO good.

diana- sorry to hear about your mom too :-(

Comment

So, christmas was hard but wonderful this year.

I ate WAY too much crap, and I'm finding it hard to stop. I really think sugar is addictive, because now that I've been eating increasingly more sugar and carbs, I'm finding it hard to get back to primal eating. I really need to get back to my home and reset.

Right now I'm feeling sick, sleepy, and bloated. Hoping that I can kick my ass back into shape in the new year! Scratch that, I WILL kick my ass into shape!!!

-John Lennon

Comment

Today was a great day! I feel like I need to journal more these days. Somehow being diagnosed celiac made me long for bread, pizza, and other crap. Not sure what that's all about, maybe because I "can't" instead of just chosing not to?

Anyways, I'm trying to get some more veg into my daily diet, as I was going pretty hard core carnivore and it was definitely making me crave carbs. Somehow the veg helps me feel sated...

Today hubby took us to a brunch buffet. Mmmmmmm I find brunch buffets an awesome way to indulge primally. Bacon, roast beef, eggs, salmon, shrimp... and this one had a really yummy cesear salad that the guy was making at a station so I got to see what was in it!!! BONUS! I had 4 helpings of cesear salad, to which I added tons of bacon to! Mmmmmm bacon-y cesear salad, it was awesome.

I'm very proud of myself, I walked up to the dessert line, picked up a plate, walked down the line, paused at the apple pie and chocolate cake... and then said no out loud and left the empty plate there. YAY!!! VICTORY!

This afternoon I went with some girl friends and we did a hula hoop class, it was SO FUN! Like hip hop dancing with a hoop. OMG my abs are killing me though! lol

Now I'm just getting ready to pull a roast out of the oven, and carmalized onion horseradish califlower mash, and salad. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

-John Lennon

Comment

This week I'm going to focus on some serious low carb days. The carbs and calories have been creeping up on me.

-John Lennon

Comment

Alright, rockin' first day back at really working toward a more primal lifestyle!

24 hour IF to kick things into high gear! Yoga in a fasted state is so amazing!

Came home and had crockpot pulled pork with eggs on top, and some strawberries dipped in melted dark chocolate mixed with some butter. Mmmmmmmmmmmm perfect end to a wonderful day.

Planning on a nice eggy breakie and a BAS later in the day!!! Woot!

-John Lennon

Comment

Woo hoo!! Congrats on the 24 hour IF!!!

Comment

Thanks FairyRae, it felt SO good!

-John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                                X