No announcement yet.

lil_earthmomma's primal journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have "Better than Bouillon" concentrate. I almost threw it away 2 weeks ago but for some reason decided to keep it in the fridge just in case. Or I think I'll just make some veggie stock.

Comment

Sounds good maba! Veggie broth with a ton of sauteed veggies is so yummy. I use a TON of onion and garlic (I mean 3 or 4 bulbs) 3 or 4 onions, carrots, celery, mushrooms. Saute in butter and add to 1 gallon of boiling salted water. Throw in 2 cubed tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns

1/2 teaspoon thyme

1/2 teaspoon tarragon

2 bay leaves

1/2 bunch fresh parsley (if you have it)

1 teaspoon sea salt

Allow to simmer for 45 min. Not a lot longer or the flavor starts to degrade. (Sometimes I add a tsp of worchestershire if the flavor is too weak.)

Strain and use or store in the fridge or freezer!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
      -John Lennon

Comment

Sigh, carb city today. Tomorrow I'm definitely going to IF, because I don't think I'll be hungry for a LONG time.

-John Lennon

Comment

Ok, so I'm learning about myself. I'm finding myself really craving carbs. Erg, I was doing really well but it's creeping up on me. I need to really crack down. I need a survival week.

-John Lennon

Comment

Maybe it was from 'carb city' the other day?

I've been eating dried fruit these past two days and am not glad about it (it's not even that good--I just need *something* to eat, and it's here...). I need to go shopping to get other foods to reach for instead of the damn jar of raisins...

Comment

we haven't had a survival week in awhile. Might be good to do the week after Christmas.

Comment

Definitely dckmb!!!

-John Lennon

Comment

Lilem and DCKMB I was thinking the same thing with a Survival Week. I was thinking the first week of January though instead of between Christmas and New Year's...though I'll participate whenever we start it!

You are what you eat,
                  and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

So, I'm starting my own little survival week leading up to Christmas, as my carb mania is getting a little ridiculous. Today I had some cold left over bacon (yum) a banana dipped in some dark chocolate, and then...

POUTINE. The most deliciously sinful canadian treat, one that a love and adore... (thank god it's grain free). French fries and cheese curds smoothered in dark gravy. Mmmmmmmmmmmmm...

But I couldn't finish it, which is an all time first and a good sign.

Carbarific, I need a couple of lean days without treats before the treats really start hitting.

So, starting tomorrow:

A good meal to break my IF with lots of protein and fat

no excess "treat" carbs

no dairy to drink

-John Lennon

Comment

Urg, I am not doing well!!! Blech...

And I've made a depressing discovery:

I DON'T LIKE COOKIES ANYMORE!!!

Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why did it take almost an entire $45 bag of almond flour to figure that out. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... I'm feeling a little dumb for that one. Sigh...

So, on to plan b. I still like treats, but obviously much MUCH less sweet ones. I think I'll make some pie type stuff, maybe some berry hand pies or something, and definitely cheesecake bites, mmmmmmm...

-John Lennon

Comment

Oh, there are LOTS of uses for almond flour. I'm sure you'll make some good things that you like.

Pancakes?

Comment

Use it to make chicken tenders or something similar! Or are you saying that you used the whole bag and didn't like anything that you made?

Cookies are still my kryptonite, so I can't sympathize with you there. I wish I could, believe me.

You are what you eat,
                          and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

lilmomma- I'll do some lean days with you between now and Christmas. I am cracking down hard right now.

so I have to say that every time I see your moniker I think of the rapper Lil Mama and her song- My Lipgloss is Poppin' LOL! Have you ever heard it?

Comment

Thankfully I don't have a cookie-addiction, but give me something (anything) with chocolate and you will definitely see the monster come out

Sorry you had to say "goodbye" to an old food-love. Isn't it wierd how PB does that? I used to be ADDICTED to bread (I baked my own too). I still miss it in a kind of "old boyfriend" way, if you see what I mean, but I can't eat it anymore (makes me bloat right away).

Comment

Aw thanks for the comisseration everyone.

Diana and Hannah, I'm not worried about finding ways to use the almond flour. I love the waffles we make with it etc. I'm just upset that I wasted so much of it trying to perfect a cookie recipe only to find that I don't like them at all. Everyone else loves them... lol

DCKMB, I haven't heard that song! lol I'll have to youtube it!

nina, it's definitely like breaking up. I'm breaking up with christmas cookies, and it's a little sad... but kind of cool how much my love of sweet has changed.

-John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                                X