No announcement yet.

lil_earthmomma's primal journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's so much fun DR! Tonight I made them meatzas and they LOVED them!!! ha ha, they were a little weirded out as I was making them, but I had so many yummy toppings for them to choose from, and they tasted so good. The banana splits were meh, I nibbled on some banana and strawberry with a drizzle of melted chocolate, but left my ice cream. Too sweet.

I'm excited to start my challenge tomorrow! It will be fun because we're going out to a brunch buffet.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Comment

• Yeah, my last sundae experience wasn't that much fun either. I learned one of the ice cream shops here does frozen bananas on a stick, and you can have it dipped in chocolate and nuts/sprinkles/etc. I'm not sure about the chocolate yet, so we'll see the first time I try one. Today I had frozen blueberries with coconut milk (which instantly froze to the berries.) It was wonderful. I wish people would realize how good real food is.

Ohh... bruch buffet! I love those! We took my mom to one for Mother's Day last year. Lots of yummy options.

Comment

• Brunch was awesome!

Tons of bacon, sausage, eggs benny without the muffin. Also, a fresh seafood table, where I grabbed a ton of mussels and prawns. Mmmm! Wasn't tempted by anything naughty so that's awesome.

Tomorrow I'll start actually recording my food again etc. but today was too crazy.

Nighty night in cyber town.
        -John Lennon

Comment

• Fresh seafood table! OMG! I woulda devoured it- lol! Sounds like brunch was totally Yum.

Comment

• Originally posted by lil_earthmomma View Post
            Brunch was awesome!

Tons of bacon, sausage, eggs benny without the muffin. Also, a fresh seafood table, where I grabbed a ton of mussels and prawns. Mmmm! Wasn't tempted by anything naughty so that's awesome.

Tomorrow I'll start actually recording my food again etc. but today was too crazy.

Nighty night in cyber town.
            Oh, lil_em: That seafood table sounds fantastic. I probably would have claimed it as my "kill" and started growling at anyone who approached.

Comment

• Ha ha ha Kuno, totally! Actually I kept sprinting to the eggs benny when the chef would bring them out. I don't like them hard, so I only take them when they are first brought out. People were totally racing me for them! lol

Today sucked. I was feeling crummy and menstral, and got a bunch of bad news. Kept the emo eating to a minimum though which is good.

Tomorrow I'm going to work out in the morning, get my hair done (yay!) and IF. I need an IF. Steak for dinner tomorrow!
              -John Lennon

Comment

• Way to power through a crappy day, lil_em!!!
                Tomorrow shall be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
                  Way to power through a crappy day, lil_em!!!
                  Tomorrow shall be awesome.
                  Thanks kuno! I needed that.
                  -John Lennon

Comment

• So my challenge is in full swing and I'm doing very well. I am having no cravings for sugar. Yesterday I did have a few gin and tonic's with lime when I went out with the girls, but my carbs were still at 43g so it's all good! :thumb

I IF'd till dinner and then had two big steaks! *blush* they were so so so good. Mmmmm! It wasn't truly a carnivore day because of the the drinks later, but pretty damn close and I loved it. (My hubby was so bewildered. "We're having steak, with steak? No sides, no veggies? This is awesome!" lol)
                    -John Lennon

Comment

• YAY, lil_em!!!

Nothing quite like a good steak, huh? I'm trying to wait until 4:00pm (for an 8-hour IF) to eat a huge one, myself. Might try to make some Cilantro mayonnaise to have with it.
                      Mmmmmmm...steak.....

Comment

• Steak with a side of steak! That rocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
                          YAY, lil_em!!!

Nothing quite like a good steak, huh? I'm trying to wait until 4:00pm (for an 8-hour IF) to eat a huge one, myself. Might try to make some Cilantro mayonnaise to have with it.
                          Mmmmmmm...steak.....
                          Ooh cilantro mayo! YUM!!!

lol DR, it was such an awesome dinner! And, no hangover! I wonder if that has anything to do with eating a ton of protein before going out?

Today has been another great day! I'm loving this challenge so far!!!

Breafast/lunch was a spicy bacon mushroom shrimp stirfry. So yummy.

Snack of some pistachios.
                          Dinner was a BLT salad. I love the BAS. I don't know how much other people eat, but my BAS go in one of my big metal mixing bowls. Mmmmmmm.

The numbers:

Fats: 66.5%
                          Proteins: 19.3%
                          Carbs: 14.2%

Calories: 1069
                          Carbs: 39
                          Fat: 81
                          Protein: 53

Not bad! Could of been lower carbs wise, but I'm under 50. Pistachios have a LOT of carbs! erg! That's what I get for letting my self get hungry but being too lazy to make my BAS right away.
                          Last edited by lil_earthmomma; 05-05-2010, 09:11 PM.
                          -John Lennon

Comment

• Yesterday was day three of my challenge.

Today I'm low on cals so far, but plan on eating again tonight. I had a hardboiled egg and smoked oysters for breakfast/lunch. (weird combo I know, but it's all we had in the fridge.) I tried to use up everything that would go bad because we're leaving tonight to go visit my family for 5 days, so dinner was a BAS of odds and ends that turned out so yummy. I'll be eating it all summer for sure.

romaine, baby spinach and baby romaine.
                            fresh pico de gallo, mixed with this awesome spicy smokey roasted tomato salsa and some sour cream.
                            cold cooked shrimp
                            long peices of purple onion.
                            a bit of shredded cheddar.

It was so tasty and fresh and spicy and mmmmmmmmmmm! My hubby wolfed it down and said it would be perfect with ground beef (ew). Very much like a taco salad.

Oh and I'll definitely put avacado in it next time!

So then we drove for 4 hours and I was HUNGRY! Luckily my sister had just finished baking hot wings, so I growled my way through a bunch of those. And my mom was gushing over this dark chocolate (85%) she bought, so I tried 3 tiny squares of it. And... I LOVED IT! It was satisfying without making me sugar rush or bingy. After this challenge is over, dark chocolate will definitely be a regular thing. I used to hate how bitter it was, but now it tastes almost fruity. Love that my taste buds are changing.

The numbers:

Calories: 986
                            Carbs: 32
                            Fat: 71
                            Protein: 61

Fat: 63.1%
                            Protein: 24.3%
                            Carbs: 12.6%

So I feel like my ratios are right on, without even trying, but my calories are quite low again. I am really starting to think that this is because I am menstrating. I'm working out less too. My workouts will resume intensity when I get back home, so we'll see. I may have to drink a heavy cream chai tea if I'm this low again tonight. That will boost my cals in a hurry. lol
                            -John Lennon

Comment

• Challenge day four was good.

IF'd until evening, and munched on some spicy pepperoni sticks (gluten and other crap free! woohoo!!!) while making dinner. I made that awesome jalapeno smokey ranch chicken salad.

Then my sister asked me to make another one of those "milk shakes" lol. So I made a smoothie with heavy cream, frozen blueberries, fresh strawberries and a banana. It fed 5 of us so I didn't stress about a small cup of smoothie, and it was SO yummy!

The numbers:

Calories: 1579
                              Carbs: 34
                              Fat: 139
                              Protein: 46

Fats: 79.6%
                              Protein: 11.8%
                              Carbs: 8.6%

Tommorow I'm slow roasting ribs for supper! Mmmmmmmmm!
                              -John Lennon

Comment

• Another kickin' day challenge wise.

Lunch was a snacky affair at my parents house, as we prepared to depart for the Royal Tyrell Museum of Palaeontology. (What is up with a word with 3 vowels in a row!?! ha ha)

It was sandwiches, so my dad and I wrapped pickled golden peppers in sliced havarti and sliced ham. I dipped in dijon. That was really yummy and satisfying.

I packed primal snacks for everyone for the museum, knowing it would be garbage food. (the museum is 2 hours away so we needed snacks for kids and adults.) I packed everyone a bag with laughing cow cheese, spicy pepperoni sticks (no gluten or other crap!) cashews, dried blueberries and keilbasa cured sausage sliced up. Everyone raved over my snacks, and I was giggling to myself because they weren't even missing the crackers, chips, and other crap that would have gone in if my other family members had been left to their own devices. I didn't actually eat much of the snack, a few bites of keilbasa, and a cheese.

Dinner was slow cooked ribs, and BLT salad. Mmmmmmmmm! I'm stuffed.

I miss home, because the only work out I'm getting currently is my pushups. Maybe I'll get some sprints in tomorrow but I doubt it.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mama's and mama's to be in interweb land!
                                -John Lennon

Comment

Working...
                                X