March Whole30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mayness View Post

This is my first time giving up dairy, really curious to see if it will help my acne at all.
    I am generally dairy free but I am really hoping that this whole 30 helps with my acne too.

Comment

Originally posted by nopie View Post
      I am generally dairy free but I am really hoping that this whole 30 helps with my acne too.
      I am as well... my skin is fantastic, compared with how it's been in the past (I've actually been COMPLIMENTED on having 'such nice skin' three times in the past 6 months...haha, seems surreal) but I still have the occasional flare-up. So seeing Whole 30's effect on my skin should be interesting.
      Life consists with wildness. The most alive is the wildest. (Thoreau)

Comment

Happy Day 1 to all!

I started off with a quick hard-boiled egg and a banana (gasp!). Needed that for my bike ride to work this morning (9 miles each way). So far, feeling great!
        My Journal

Comment

Day one FTW!

So far, got my coffee in within an hour of being awake. And had a cooked chicken breast with skin and a spoonful of coconut oil for breakfast.... yum.

I am working on drinking a fuckton of water since I have the bloats from my epic cheat day.

Comment

I'm in. I started yesterday.

My personal modifications:
            1) keeping cream and sugar for my morning coffee, but I will only have it in the morning
            2) keeping cottage cheese for my breakfast, but will not have other dairy
            3) allowing for one dessert when we entertain - will be homemade by me and grain free but likely have sugar and chocolate
            Ha! I feel like I broke all the rules, but I'm still excited. It's still a big change from how I have been eating.

Goals: Weightloss. And better fitness. I'm working out twice a week and trying to get in more walks to the park with the kids on the off days.

Comment

AGHHHH please advise...

i just finishing working out with a friend at the gym. I told him about the whole 30 and he said he was concerned that i would fail at doing something so strict as i have been known to binge before. He thinks i should go with something less strict so that i don't disappoint myself.
              I was feeling positive about my decision but now have massive doubts

Comment

Count me in for March. I feel you on the non guilty. Have a baby shower on the 6th where I will be pretty much unable to avoid eating some grains because the hostess is a Vegan.

Thanks for starting this!

Comment

Originally posted by runningwild View Post
                  AGHHHH please advise...

i just finishing working out with a friend at the gym. I told him about the whole 30 and he said he was concerned that i would fail at doing something so strict as i have been known to binge before. He thinks i should go with something less strict so that i don't disappoint myself.
                  I was feeling positive about my decision but now have massive doubts
                  Why are you going to let some guy dictate what you can and can't do. We all believe that you have the willpower to do it. If you didn't, you wouldn't be here. Keep the positive feeling and we will be here to help you along the way!!!

Comment

No fun having someone rain on your parade on the first day! That sucks. Keep checking in, it helps keep focus. You can do it!

Comment

Ill join. Breaking a 25 hour fast with coconut milk curry over steak. No measurements, but I will post pictures at the end
                      If your food is fast, maybe you should fast.

Comment

I had some leftover ground beef on some leftover spag. squash.. nice lunch indeed!

Comment

Im game! I have been primal for a month now. Just having a hard time stopping the sweet teas!
                          Needing to give it 100% this time around. I can't believe how much better I feel just a month in!!
                          Im going to the beach in May so I really want to look great when I go.

Good luck everyone

Comment

Originally posted by lunadam View Post
                            Why are you going to let some guy dictate what you can and can't do. We all believe that you have the willpower to do it. If you didn't, you wouldn't be here. Keep the positive feeling and we will be here to help you along the way!!!
                            LOVE this!

You CAN do this. It's just food. You need to take the power back. The problem with 'less strict' is that you will not beat the sugar monster that causes the binges in the first place.

Comment

runningwild, do not doubt, just DO!
                              consider it a challenge to prove this guy wrong we are all here for you and you can do this.
                              primal journal - the book of meatabix / food pr0n

Comment

Day one has gone well for me so far. I had borscht for lunch and then more borscht for dinner...with 6 fried eggs. That may have been an excessive amount of eggs for one meal, but I think I'm pretty much done for the day now.

Comment

Working...
                                X